Local 249

daddydave1970

Hey redman, that is the same thing that I heard from a nightshift committeeman, I will tell you what is funny, everyone has a different way of how the buyouts are going to go. Straight seniority, 100 each of the packages, inverse seniority, I tell everyone who gets into that discussion, we will have to wait and see. I think what people have to realize is that these buyouts are on Ford's dime and they can pretty much give THEIR money how they see fit, they probably will go by seniority. By the way, how are you doing redman?

EVERY FORD PLANT THAT HAS GOTTEN BUY-OUTS HAS WENT BY SENIORITY. SO WHY WOULD THEY DO IT DIFFERENT HERE?? THE ONLY FAIR WAY TO DO THIS IS BY SENIORTY. HOW COULD SOMEONE WITH 1 YEAR SENIORITY GET A PACKAGE OVER SOMEONE WITH LET'S SAY 28 YEARS. THE UAW WAS BUILDT ON SENIORITY. THIS IS ONLY FAIR AND RESECPTFUL WAY TO DO THIS... :gang: IF THE UNION DOESN'T STAND FOR THIS THEN THEY ARE JUST AS SREWED UP AS THE COMPANY...WE'LL ALL GO DOWN IN THE SINKING SHIP... NEXT PEOPLE WILL BE GETTING BUY-OUTS ON WHO THEY NO AND WHO KISSES ASS. :kissass: WE'LL WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. TIME WILL TELL..

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERY FORD PLANT THAT HAS GOTTEN BUY-OUTS HAS WENT BY SENIORITY. SO WHY WOULD THEY DO IT DIFFERENT HERE?? THE ONLY FAIR WAY TO DO THIS IS BY SENIORTY. HOW COULD SOMEONE WITH 1 YEAR SENIORITY GET A PACKAGE OVER SOMEONE WITH LET'S SAY 28 YEARS. THE UAW WAS BUILDT ON SENIORITY. THIS IS ONLY FAIR AND RESECPTFUL WAY TO DO THIS... :gang: IF THE UNION DOESN'T STAND FOR THIS THEN THEY ARE JUST AS SREWED UP AS THE COMPANY...WE'LL ALL GO DOWN IN THE SINKING SHIP... NEXT PEOPLE WILL BE GETTING BUY-OUTS ON WHO THEY NO AND WHO KISSES ASS. :kissass: WE'LL WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. TIME WILL TELL..

I just hope everyone who signed gets one, that way there are no arguements anywhere, from anyone. Everybody who is there wants to be there, and everybody who doesn't, is gone. But we all know this is not a perfect world (if it were, I would have two naked women feeding me grapes right now!!!).

I just hope everyone who signed gets one, that way there are no arguements anywhere, from anyone. Everybody who is there wants to be there, and everybody who doesn't, is gone. But we all know this is not a perfect world (if it were, I would have two naked women feeding me grapes right now!!!).

SUCH A WOMENS MAN....LOL...LOL.... I HOPE EVRYONE GETS ONE THAT WANTS ONE.. ME PERSONALLY I AM RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE 16 YEARS AND 100G NOT WORTH IT AND RETIREMENT NOT ENOUGH... I JUST HOPE EVERYONE GETS ONE THOUGH. BUT IF NOT SENIORITY SHOULD MATTER... :banana piano:

Hello, I know twincam and pointy but nobody else. I think I know dcassity. But given the size of the place and number of people it is hard to guess anyone else.

If you are who I think you are, then you know me... did you ever relieve the carpet machine job 6 line?

Hey Brad I thought you were gonne go ta work at Radio Shack

LOL LOL, Okay Dave, that one gave you away. How ya doing Buddy?

Yes I used to relieve the carpet job on nights, the only operator I knew that did that job and went to paint was Marty. Your freaking my wife out with your eyeball. I still think I itch from that job. Damn I hated that job, I do not know how you did it all night. I would go home after a night of doing that with so much crap in my sinuses and the way I would sweat I would be covered in carpet fuzz. How could I forget Marty after our 120 mph fly by of the cop on the side of 370. I still tell that story to people.

I'll never forget that cop when he pulled us over and walked up to my car, "Hmm I smell engine, you guys racing?" " No officer, hell thats a Mustang GT w/a high output 5.0 V-8 (might have been a 4.6 can't remember). This is just a Beretta GT w/a little V-6". "Then what are you doing?" " Not acting our age." He was pretty cool for letting us go. Man you could smell my engine when I pulled over, she was hot. :D

Man, that all seems like a lifetime ago.

Edited by Captamrica

Hey DaveKC and Peeps,

I was looking into taking my Wife and Daughter to Worlds of Fun on a half day ticket and I noticed you get a discount if you show your Toyota vehicle key at the gate. WTF is that all about? You got two FoMoCo plants under one roof up the street but you need a Toyota to get a discount. Just thought I would ask if you knew why. :shrug:

Well you gave yerself away with the striped shirt

Doin good Brad,I hope everything works out for you

Goofball Tim stopped by a couple weeks ago ta say hi,which I dont mind but he shows up at 10:30 just a wobblin away,I think he may have been :beerchug: :doh::doh:

Edited by oldasdirt

Hey redman, that is the same thing that I heard from a nightshift committeeman, I will tell you what is funny, everyone has a different way of how the buyouts are going to go. Straight seniority, 100 each of the packages, inverse seniority, I tell everyone who gets into that discussion, we will have to wait and see. I think what people have to realize is that these buyouts are on Ford's dime and they can pretty much give THEIR money how they see fit, they probably will go by seniority. By the way, how are you doing redman?

Dave,

I am doing real good. I see that you are still trying to put accurate information out and I hope that everyone really appreciates that. I know I do. Sure hate to see that you are thinking about leaving us though. But I know if I was in your group that I would be doing the same thing. At least you need to be weighing out all of your options and hopefully pick the best one for you.

I am being told that we will get at least 500 packages and maybe more if additional people want to leave. So I hope everyone gets one that wants one. I know there are some people signing up that do not have any intention of leaving, they just want to see what options are out there. If everything goes to plan, the first group of people will be leaving July 1. A lot of who gets to go when will be decided by the Superintendent. If they can afford to let some one leave, they will probably be in the first group. If they have no one to cover the job, they will try to hold them until August or September. Some of the jobs that requir a lot of training, such as SPC, will probably be held until a later date.

I see there is a lot of discussion about what groups will get packages. You are exactly right about the Union position being the seniority people getting the first options. I really believe anyone who signs up will get one unless it is some of the Skilled Trades. Those will fall into if they have replacements coming from St. Louis. We really won't know until the final sign up is done to see what that looks like.

See ya and I hope everything works out for you.

Hey DaveKC and Peeps,

I was looking into taking my Wife and Daughter to Worlds of Fun on a half day ticket and I noticed you get a discount if you show your Toyota vehicle key at the gate. WTF is that all about? You got two FoMoCo plants under one roof up the street but you need a Toyota to get a discount. Just thought I would ask if you knew why. :shrug:

They give discounts for different "scavenger hunt" shit all the time. Usually you get the same discount for a Pepsi can. Seems like they value things like that, Toyota......pepsi can..... they are worth about the same thing!!

Reminds me of a joke. Guy walks into a auto parts store and says to the clerk "How about a gas cap for a Yugo?" Clerk says "Sounds like a fair trade to me!!!"

any do you know what trades signed up and how many of each ? thats the question everyone wants to know

I will see what I can find out, but it is really not going to help until the final sign up takes place. I know there are a couple of Electricians that say they are definitely going. We have Tooling and Layout Inspectors here and 2 of them want to go but I understand that St. Louis does not have anyone in that classification. Let me see what I can get and I will update you guys.

They give discounts for different "scavenger hunt" shit all the time. Usually you get the same discount for a Pepsi can. Seems like they value things like that, Toyota......pepsi can..... they are worth about the same thing!!

Reminds me of a joke. Guy walks into a auto parts store and says to the clerk "How about a gas cap for a Yugo?" Clerk says "Sounds like a fair trade to me!!!"

For some unknown reason Toyota is now one of the big sponsors of Worlds of Fun. Since the new management team has taken over WOF they have cut the park staff back quite a bit and gotten rid of several of the coasters. They do have a new ride this year "The Patriot" but the park is not what it use to be. The good thing about that though is very rarely do you have to wait in line anymore. If you have small kids or teenagers you should enjoy yourself though. Don't expect anything like Six Flags though.

I will see what I can find out, but it is really not going to help until the final sign up takes place. I know there are a couple of Electricians that say they are definitely going. We have Tooling and Layout Inspectors here and 2 of them want to go but I understand that St. Louis does not have anyone in that classification. Let me see what I can get and I will update you guys.

thanks that would be nice

For some unknown reason Toyota is now one of the big sponsors of Worlds of Fun. Since the new management team has taken over WOF they have cut the park staff back quite a bit and gotten rid of several of the coasters. They do have a new ride this year "The Patriot" but the park is not what it use to be. The good thing about that though is very rarely do you have to wait in line anymore. If you have small kids or teenagers you should enjoy yourself though. Don't expect anything like Six Flags though.

That's who it's for so we should be good. Thank you.

Well you gave yerself away with the striped shirt

Doin good Brad,I hope everything works out for you

Goofball Tim stopped by a couple weeks ago ta say hi,which I dont mind but he shows up at 10:30 just a wobblin away,I think he may have been :beerchug: :doh::doh:

Yea, evertime I see him he's going 9 different directions. Trying to keep 3 stores going w/Radio Shack scaling back operations I do not know how this will affect him and his partners. I would assume he would tip back a few if he ever had time. Between the stores and the new house he's kept pretty busy.

:runaway::runaway:

Hey Redman your local web page say the company reps will be there next week fielding question, so the real sign-up should happen fairly soon after that one would think. This may happen faster than we have thought, maybe. I hope so really ready to get back to work. Keep us up-to- date on when the real sign-ups begin. Then we can plan accordingly, thanks once again from Slap. :rockon:

Edited by dcassity1961

Hey Redman your local web page say the company reps will be there next week fielding question, so the real sign-up should happen fairly soon after that one would think. This may happen faster than we have thought, maybe. I hope so really ready to get back to work. Keep us up-to- date on when the real sign-ups begin. Then we can plan accordingly, thanks once again from Slap. :rockon:

We just got confirmation that the International Reps will be here May 17 and 18 for explanation meetings. Not aware of the final sign up dates yet but I think it will be very quick to make the first group leaving July 1.

We had 924 who had signed up by Thursday afternoon and was told that another 45 signed last night. So we have approximately 1000 total who are interested. Some one ask for the Skilled Trades numbers by classification. There could be a few additional that are not on the list but this is the numbers as of Thursday afternoon. Hope this is helpful.

Boiler Firehand-2

Carpenter-2

Cement Finisher-1

Electrician-22

Inspector Tooling and Layout-3

Millwright-11

Pipefitter-11

Tinsmith-1

Toolmaker-6

Welder-3

We just got confirmation that the International Reps will be here May 17 and 18 for explanation meetings. Not aware of the final sign up dates yet but I think it will be very quick to make the first group leaving July 1.

We had 924 who had signed up by Thursday afternoon and was told that another 45 signed last night. So we have approximately 1000 total who are interested. Some one ask for the Skilled Trades numbers by classification. There could be a few additional that are not on the list but this is the numbers as of Thursday afternoon. Hope this is helpful.

Boiler Firehand-2

Carpenter-2

Cement Finisher-1

Electrician-22

Millwright-11

Pipefitter-11

Tinsmith-1

Toolmaker-6

Welder-3

This should help our trade guys have a better idea of their future. you have been such a help we owe you a few adult beverages, thanks for putting out good solid information, THANKS :rockon:

Boiler Firehand-2

Carpenter-2

Cement Finisher-1

Electrician-22

Millwright-11

Pipefitter-11

Tinsmith-1

Toolmaker-6

Welder-3

Weren't you guys several over (50+) your skilled trades number to begin with? Just not sure how this will all roll down for us.

Thanks!

Weren't you guys several over (50+) your skilled trades number to begin with? Just not sure how this will all roll down for us.

Thanks!

That is the number that management claims but they also run so short handed now that they have problems keeping things running with the help they don't cover.

This should help our trade guys have a better idea of their future. you have been such a help we owe you a few adult beverages, thanks for putting out good solid information, THANKS :rockon:

I'll tell you what it had been a long time since I had been to KC and when I got there this weekend you could not tell KC from STL in terms of enviroment, stores, resteraunts, etc. We bebopped around the Liberty area and stopped in to meet DaveKC and his family in the Grain Valley area(hell of a nice guy, very friendly and hospitable family, cute kids too, some guys just have it all :D hope your son's B-day went well)

After our visit my wife was more then happy to move there if things changed or another oppurtunity presents itself. The drive was not near as far as I first thought it was going to be and it wasn't raining. Getting a little tired of this rain thing, I know we need it but come on. Also they still have drive-ins in KC, man I have not been to a drive-in since I don't know when and my wife has never been. That will have to be for another visit though, we had plans to go but did not make it.

The people were more friendly then I have met in years, it seemed everybody was happy to help us with anything. I was talking to a guy at Taco Bell in Concordia when we stopped for gas and some lunch today and he turned out to be a real estate appraiser. He wrote down his business and home phone number on a receipt and offered any help, if we were to head that way, with mortgage brokers. He said he knows a few that might be able to help if I needed it.

My wife even commented on how it seemed everybody seemed much friendlier in KC then in STL. Maybe it's just a case of the grass being greener on the other side of the state. Even so I know some people were genuinely helpful without any self serving motives. We had a great time and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

My daughter's squad only placed as a runner up in the competition :cheerleader: but that was not to bad since squads had came from Omaha NE, Topeka, and Witchita KS, Kirksville, St. Joesph, Springfield, and St. Louis MO. just to name a few. Not to mention all the KC area squads. With all cities sending at least 3 or 4 squads, some more. Still we had a great time.

Unfortunately it was overshadowed Saturday afternoon by a phone call from a freind off my old line to inform me of a mutual friend of ours had passed away at the young age of 45 from an apparent heart attack. Kind of puts things in perspective on what is really important in life. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. God Bless you all.

Edited by Captamrica

I'll tell you what it had been a long time since I had been to KC and when I got there this weekend you could not tell KC from STL in terms of enviroment, stores, resteraunts, etc. We bebopped around the Liberty area and stopped in to meet DaveKC and his family in the Grain Valley area(hell of a nice guy, very friendly and hospitable family, cute kids too, some guys just have it all :D hope your son's B-day went well)

After our visit my wife was more then happy to move there if things changed or another oppurtunity presents itself. The drive was not near as far as I first thought it was going to be and it wasn't raining. Getting a little tired of this rain thing, I know we need it but come on. Also they still have drive-ins in KC, man I have not been to a drive-in since I don't know when and my wife has never been. That will have to be for another visit though, we had plans to go but did not make it.

The people were more friendly then I have met in years, it seemed everybody was happy to help us with anything. I was talking to a guy at Taco Bell in Concordia when we stopped for gas and some lunch today and he turned out to be a real estate appraiser. He wrote down his business and home phone number on a receipt and offered any help, if we were to head that way, with mortgage brokers. He said he knows a few that might be able to help if I needed it.

My wife even commented on how it seemed everybody seemed much friendlier in KC then in STL. Maybe it's just a case of the grass being greener on the other side of the state. Even so I know some people were genuinely helpful without any self serving motives. We had a great time and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

My daughter's squad only placed as a runner up in the competition :cheerleader: but that was not to bad since squads had came from Omaha NE, Topeka, and Witchita KS, Kirksville, St. Joesph, Springfield, and St. Louis MO. just to name a few. Not to mention all the KC area squads. With all cities sending at least 3 or 4 squads, some more. Still we had a great time.

Unfortunately it was overshadowed Saturday afternoon by a phone call from a freind off my old line to inform me of a mutual friend of ours had passed away at the young age of 46 from an apparent heart attack. Kind of puts things in perspective on what is really important in life. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. God Bless you all.

Brad,

Thanks for the kind words, I am truly sorry for the loss of your brothers and sisters at SLAP. On a more positive note, if you and yours decide to come to this side of the state, my wife and myself want your family to come on over for a real barbecue.

Brad,

Thanks for the kind words, I am truly sorry for the loss of your brothers and sisters at SLAP. On a more positive note, if you and yours decide to come to this side of the state, my wife and myself want your family to come on over for a real barbecue.

I will hold you to that. I am sure I will be in better spirits then. Thanks again for the hospitality. :D