What Happens in Bankruptcy

Skilled1

no dues = no IUAW = no UAW

HEY dipfuck -- I can give everything away all by myself ... I sure as hell dont need a union to do it for me.

If you are going to insist that I have the exact same wages and bennies that the folks building the Toyota

in the south then what the fuck do we need your ass for, clown?

You are SUPPOSED to fight for whats best for us. But youve lost that a loooooong time ago.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are wrong.....they will pattern one of the other 2 autos!

I can`t run scared anymore.Not for Ford,not for the UAW,not for the Republicans.Go ahead and just KILL ME.I showed up one day and asked for a job.I bought the stock at $22 a share.I almost never missed a day.I have driven Ford`s all my life actually and there were times when GM blew Ford away and Chrysler was neck and neck.Go ahead and KILL ME.At least I won`t have to live under this constant ever changing stress.By the way,,you seem like a good fella,no hard feelings.I`m OUT

Edited by Fatso

I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee, won't my mommy be so proud of me! I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee.....

My bonny lies over the ocean. My bonny lies over the sea.... My bonny lies over the ocean. Oh, bring back my bonny to meeeeee!

(Still fighting? I'll keep singing if you don't cut it out! My family is begging you all to stop! For the love of God, STOP! )

That baby bumbee stings ya in the end... appropriate song choice!

Know the one about voting out a piece of shit union guy for wishing his brother a shitty job only for having a different opinion than his own?

I think it starts with "Hahahaha Youre a joke but you think youre not...." doot do de doot do!

:happy feet:

Edited by AnotherAutoWorker

That baby bumbee stings ya in the end... appropriate song choice!

Know the one about voting out a piece of shit union guy for wishing his brother a shitty job only for having a different opinion than his own?

I think it starts with "Hahahaha Youre a joke but you think youre not...." doot do de doot do!

The kids finally went to bed so now only the cat thinks I'm crazy when I read this and start laughing my head off! By the way, could you hum a few bars of that song?

I can`t run scared anymore.Not for Ford,not for the UAW,not for the Republicans.Go ahead and just KILL ME.I showed up one day and asked for a job.I bought the stock at $22 a share.I almost never missed a day.I have driven Ford`s all my life actually and there were times when GM blew Ford away and Chrysler was neck and neck.Go ahead and KILL ME.At least I won`t have to live under this constant ever changing stress.By the way,,you seem like a good fella,no hard feelings.I`m OUT

Awww cmon, Fatso. Spring is singin songs to cheer ya up!

Look what you did Capt! Bully!

:banmolest:

(Thats ole Capt in the back there...)

I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee, won't my mommy be so proud of me! I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee.....

My bonny lies over the ocean. My bonny lies over the sea.... My bonny lies over the ocean. Oh, bring back my bonny to meeeeee!

(Still fighting? I'll keep singing if you don't cut it out! My family is begging you all to stop! For the love of God, STOP! )

Sorry, been awhile and I miss it. The UAW is never about ME....but everything I keep hearing on this site is about ME! That is why I got tired of it and that is why I will get tired of it again! Everyone has their own vote, but their vote affects so many others that will not be voting, and it seems as though some have blinders on. All I ask is that no one take my word on anything about bankruptcy, but get on the web and look into what employees got from a company that went into bankruptcy. Ford is actually worse that GM and Chrysler because they are burning through cash that they have already gotten.....GM and Chrysler are just now getting their cash. Ford has pushed back launches, prototype builds and other product development plans because of no cash. This is a trickle down effect......Chrysler has no new product...not because they don't want new product but because they have no cash to develope....they are screwed. Ford has reduced their development by over 1/2. Unheard of....this has always been funded even in down times. Ford has nothing else to use as colateral....they got their money before the banking collapsed! GM and Chrysler did not and that is why they have went to the gov. to get a loan, but they are mortgaging the farm to the gov. for has already done that to the banking system!! 6 of one and half dozen of the other!! Good luck to you in Ohio!!

It is rare but sometimes I run into the 'coolest' people I ever met in my life inside a Ford Plant.The concessions will pass anyways.Do you think Mr.Ford is going to let us lower class scoundrels destroy his Family Company."The sun will come out,,,tomorrow,,,bet your bottom dollar on tomorrow,,,we`ll get f-u-c-k-e-d"

Sorry, been awhile and I miss it. The UAW is never about ME....but everything I keep hearing on this site is about ME! That is why I got tired of it and that is why I will get tired of it again! Everyone has their own vote, but their vote affects so many others that will not be voting, and it seems as though some have blinders on. All I ask is that no one take my word on anything about bankruptcy, but get on the web and look into what employees got from a company that went into bankruptcy. Ford is actually worse that GM and Chrysler because they are burning through cash that they have already gotten.....GM and Chrysler are just now getting their cash. Ford has pushed back launches, prototype builds and other product development plans because of no cash. This is a trickle down effect......Chrysler has no new product...not because they don't want new product but because they have no cash to develope....they are screwed. Ford has reduced their development by over 1/2. Unheard of....this has always been funded even in down times. Ford has nothing else to use as colateral....they got their money before the banking collapsed! GM and Chrysler did not and that is why they have went to the gov. to get a loan, but they are mortgaging the farm to the gov. for has already done that to the banking system!! 6 of one and half dozen of the other!! Good luck to you in Ohio!!

:reading:

Awww cmon, Fatso. Spring is singin songs to cheer ya up!

Look what you did Capt! Bully!

Sorry, I am really not a bully....just get pist when people only think of themselves.....and bash the very organization that has fought for them a decent living and then questions the way in which it was given!! (got that from movie "A Few Good Men")

It is rare but sometimes I run into the 'coolest' people I ever met in my life inside a Ford Plant.The concessions will pass anyways.Do you think Mr.Ford is going to let us lower class scoundrels destroy his Family Company."The sun will come out,,,tomorrow,,,bet your bottom dollar on tomorrow,,,we`ll get f-u-c-k-e-d"

I actually stated something very similar to this on a different thread. And I believe you are ABSOLUTELY correct. ABSOLUTLEY!

Now let us both kick back in song (Spring, gonna join us, we're singing about how the sun is going to rise up on Capt's ass) while Captian Asshole tears this post apart too!

:beerchug:

Go to it Captian Asshole. We're waiting to see what more BULLSHIT is going to spill out cher face....

"the sun will come out to-mor-row....."

Sorry, I am really not a bully....just get pist when people only think of themselves.....and bash the very organization that has fought for them a decent living and then questions the way in which it was given!! (got that from movie "A Few Good Men")

:slap:

If you are directing that toward THIS AutoWorker, you are SADLY mistaken my idiot friend... SADLY.

U 2.....nice to be able to disagree!! I wouldn't kill you.....I will try and protect you, better yet I will stand and fight with you!

I actually stated something very similar to this on a different thread. And I believe you are ABSOLUTELY correct. ABSOLUTLEY!

Now let us both kick back in song (Spring, gonna join us, we're singing about how the sun is going to rise up on Capt's ass) while Captian Asshole tears this post apart too!

:beerchug:

Go to it Captian Asshole. We're waiting to see what more BULLSHIT is going to spill out cher face....

"the sun will come out to-mor-row....."

You people are like the village idiots on here. Captain is absolutely right. You dumbasses prolly took the buy-out. Jumping up and down while your advisary circles you. shame shame

Go back to the table and fix SUB pay. Even TOYOTA is paying there people during down weeks. Without a fuckin UNION! PROTECT US FUCKERS!!!! This is unacceptable.

Let me try to understand this. People over 20 years get 72% sub for 52 weeks, and 50% for an additional 52 weeks.

People under 20 years get 72% for 39 weeks, and 50% for an additional 39 weeks. I guess some also get unemployment?

So...If you work, like 2 on 2 off kind of thing, do you get sub credits? In Canada we get 1/2 point for every week, so if it works the same in the US......for every 2 weeks worked you'll get an additional week at 72%?

If this is corect......from what I gather then, is that the people this is really going to effect are people that will be laid off for over 39 weeks straight?

Is the problem with the proposal only related to those who are in the Job Banks(log term layoff) right now because for people that are working on and off, I don't see it being a problem. Am I missing something here?

I don't see them going back to the table if it's turned down. Not with Ford anyway. I see them going to GM and Chrysler first. I have no basis for this, just something I think.

Oh and Toyota is paying all of their people. Toyota has a nice little deal...permanent workers, and contract workers..... and many, if not all of them(contract workers), have been let go, and they don't get paid.

Let me try to understand this. People over 20 years get 72% sub for 52 weeks, and 50% for an additional 52 weeks.

People under 20 years get 72% for 39 weeks, and 50% for an additional 39 weeks. I guess some also get unemployment?

So...If you work, like 2 on 2 off kind of thing, do you get sub credits? In Canada we get 1/2 point for every week, so if it works the same in the US......for every 2 weeks worked you'll get an additional week at 72%?

If this is corect......from what I gather then, is that the people this is really going to effect are people that will be laid off for over 39 weeks straight?

Is the problem with the proposal only related to those who are in the Job Banks(log term layoff) right now because for people that are working on and off, I don't see it being a problem. Am I missing something here?

I don't see them going back to the table if it's turned down. Not with Ford anyway. I see them going to GM and Chrysler first. I have no basis for this, just something I think.

Oh and Toyota is paying all of their people. Toyota has a nice little deal...permanent workers, and contract workers..... and many, if not all of them(contract workers), have been let go, and they don't get paid.

First of all, there is no comparison between Canada and the US. Your national healthcare relieves Ford of any obligations. Secondly, we do not acrue sub credits. What they are proposing is set sub credits for the life of the contract. There is 2 1/2 years left on this contract. For someone with less than 10 years they will only recieve 26 weeks and 26 weeks at 50%. For someone like myself who is close but not quite vested(10 yrs), this is a way of eliminating me and those like me. If anyone on here thinks I will vote myself into the unemployment line your fucking mad. There is only vague mentions of future work as well. If I am wrong on any of this please feel free to correct me. My mind is open and corruptable. Convince me otherwise.

First of all, there is no comparison between Canada and the US. Your national healthcare relieves Ford of any obligations. Secondly, we do not acrue sub credits. What they are proposing is set sub credits for the life of the contract. There is 2 1/2 years left on this contract. For someone with less than 10 years they will only recieve 26 weeks and 26 weeks at 50%. For someone like myself who is close but not quite vested(10 yrs), this is a way of eliminating me and those like me. If anyone on here thinks I will vote myself into the unemployment line your fucking mad. There is only vague mentions of future work as well. If I am wrong on any of this please feel free to correct me. My mind is open and corruptable. Convince me otherwise.
I know there are health care differences. Thx for explaining sub to me. I don't know what I'd do with that. Definitely gives you something to think about.

I know there are health care differences. Thx for explaining sub to me. I don't know what I'd do with that. Definitely gives you something to think about.

No problem. We need to keep talking respectfully to one another and figure this mess out. Good luck to our brothers and sisters in Canada.

No problem. We need to keep talking respectfully to one another and figure this mess out. Good luck to our brothers and sisters in Canada.

We're next as they say. And you're right about being respectful. I just hope everybody thinks really hard about what a yes, or no vote means in the long run, and bases their decision on that. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens. Best of luck to everyone.

Right now the UAW Ford GM and Chrysler are doing everything they can to satisfy the government in showing cost savings.

What the UAW has presented us is a concession but this is the best they could do considering these tough times.

If we don’t pass this modification the companies will collapse.

They will certainly use a structured bankruptcy.

What does this mean?

We are at the mercy of a bankruptcy judge

Retirees will get 30 cents for every dollar owed of their pension.

We will lose sub pay

Ford will not go into bankruptcy in the next 12 months we do have time. You need to look up Ford's annual reports. They have axcess to $24 billion, which will get them probably through 2010. You are correct if bankruptcy happens we do loose everything, but if GM and Chrylser go into bankruptcy, that will not push Ford into it. Yes some suppliers will go under also, but some will survive and Ford has back-up suppliers that can pick up the slack. This is simple economics. Do not let people scare you into making a yes vote, until you do all the research.

We will lose TAP

We will lose and have to pay for health care.

Pay for full prescriptions

Our wages will be cut in half

Vacation time gone

Personal days gone

No grievance procedure

No severance

No buy outs

Plant closings

Layoffs

Etc

Etc

Etc

Once bankruptcy happens there is no more bargaining, we get what the judge rules.

Don’t be a fool

Vote yes