Fusion - Accord - Mazda 6 Comparo

Yeah, because C&D ALWAYS praises cars for having LOUD engines. :rolleyes:

The fact that we're partial to Ford doesn't mean we're wrong about C&D.

I mean please, try and recall the last time that C&D praised the noise of a 4-cylinder in a $28k sedan.............................................................

Hey, that makes me happy, cuz it must mean my 3.0 Freestyle is as potent as a sporty nuke! :happy feet: :stirpot:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, they even deleted my comment about the huge price disparity (over $6000) yet only gave the Fusion a 4 point advantage in price. 30%????? That's nuts, especially in this economy and that IMHO that makes it a different segment.

found the site, can't find richs or Cheifstangs retorts...hmmm, only ones showing are agreeing........

Wow, they even deleted my comment about the huge price disparity (over $6000) yet only gave the Fusion a 4 point advantage in price. 30%????? That's nuts, especially in this economy and that IMHO that makes it a different segment.

my 2 cents...Fusion will KILL Accord sales numbers....and that 6k may be a MAJOR reason why..........hell, for that one could get a LEATHER sunroofed, nav'd SEL..............game over....

The article says

"Even if we had 10 cars in this comparo, the Fusion would still be in the top three"

I find that very positive. Some of you guys will never be happy unless you bitch about something.

Maybe you should look at the scorecard and rankings, and edit your post. That comparo was unrealistic on so many levels.

found the site, can't find richs or Cheifstangs retorts...hmmm, only ones showing are agreeing........

My comment is flagged as: "Message awaits moderator approval"

There's no bias here, though. Print a slanted (get it?) article, and edit any comments that disagree. Jounalism at it's finest. It's the Fox News of car rags!

Didn't they also pick the Honda Ridgeline over the F-150 a few years ago? Hacks.

My comment is flagged as: "Message awaits moderator approval"

There's no bias here, though. Print a slanted (get it?) article, and edit any comments that disagree. Jounalism at it's finest. It's the Fox News of car rags!

Didn't they also pick the Honda Ridgeline over the F-150 a few years ago? Hacks.

what a load of crap...waiting Moderator approval????? if that isn't bias what is??????

I mean please, try and recall the last time that C&D praised the noise of a 4-cylinder in a $28k sedan.............................................................

February 2007, referencing the K24 engine in the previous generation Accord. Hey, they used the verb snarls. :hysterical:

I know, I know- this particular Accord was $23k, though a loaded EX-L Accord of that model year used the same powertrain.

I just left two more "reviews" that will never see print... I can't help myself.

Pointed out that for less money, they could've used an SEL, which includes the sport tuned suspension. Not that they opened a brochure, or looked for any information before publishing that crap.

No they couldn't because you can't get a manual in the SEL. It's SE only, and you can't get leather with the SE. Not that I like defending C&D......

February 2007, referencing the K24 engine in the previous generation Accord. Hey, they used the verb snarls. :hysterical:

I know, I know- this particular Accord was $23k, though a loaded EX-L Accord of that model year used the same powertrain.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Is Honda putting Tony Swan's bastard children through college?

Edited by RichardJensen

That would imply that their competitors offer equally horrible reviews, only they that favor Ford and Lexus (do they still hate Lexus for not building sporty cars? I haven't read them in a while).

It's news to me that they picked a Ridgeline over the F-150, but given the way they review trucks it doesntt surprise me. Didn't they pick a Tundra over the F-150 too?

Edited by V8 Ford

Yep, they deleted my comments too. All I said was that the bias toward Honda from this magazine is getting tiresome.

Amazing, Matt (P71) didn't get his comment deleted because it was bashing the Ford and praising Honda. :finger:

What's the point of comments if you are going to delete the ones you don't like?

You know he must still browse this site as a guest because it seems his comments turn up in EVERY article posted here.

Edited by svtenthusiast

Maybe you should look at the scorecard and rankings, and edit your post. That comparo was unrealistic on so many levels.

I have the new C&D mag at home. Judging by the interiors, the Fusion is behind the Accord and Mazda6. As far as handling, they pointed out that the Fusion has the softest ride, and most up and down motion during cornering. In other words, not as tight or damped as the Mazda6 and Accord. Fusion also scored low on the 'funmeter'. Given that and Accord's reputation for quality, did you really think the Fusion was going to be #1? Those expectations are unrealistic.

I own a Fusion SE 4cyl auto, and prior to buying, I drove an 06 Accord 4cyl auto and thought it was a better, more refined car than the Fusion, but more expensive. I guess you get what you pay for. But the Fusion has been decent, maybe this new one will be better.

I think the main reason the Fusion scored low on the funmeter is because the car did not have the sport suspension package. What were they thinking? Oh yeah, that's right - C&D doesn't think.

I agree with you that suspension tuning is a key factor, SVT_MAN. C&D did laud the driving dynamics of the 4 cylinder Fusion SEL equipped with Sport Appearance Package (which included firmer springs and dampers, 18" wheels/tires, and larger stabilizer bars) in its March 2008 issue. This package was also available on the SE grade. Alas, Ford discontinued availability of the Sport Appearance and Blue Suede packages for MY 2010. As others have mentioned, the sport tuned suspension is available as a $295 standalone option (with 18" wheels) on the SEL, but not combined with a manual transmission unfortunately (at least in the U.S.).

Again, I don't understand why this particular comparison test seems to have generated such controversy here on BON forums. It embodies the same overall guidelines as many past C&D comparos ("flouting the rules" and all). And as smok noted, it's unlikely that rank order of the specific cars evaluated here would be appreciably different if another party conducted the test.

Edited by aneekr