IUAW/LEVEL ANSWER THIS QUESTION

harley95

thanks spring, I joined your site but it is a little confusing. where the hell do I get verified? yadda yadda. sorry to be such a dumb f%$k but just wanted to hear it from someone with a head.

If you registered, send a pm to Furious, Level, Nvsked, Reutherfan or anyone else in blue. Or pm me "Spring" and I'll forward it to them. I'll vouch for when I forward the pm. Did you register with the same handle? I don't know what plant you're at but I'm at OHAP. I'm a group leader in the Trim department, 2 Line on days. Anyone from OHAP has any questions, I'll have some copies with me and will do my best to get answers to your questions.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last time???

Listen buddy...this is a long explanation....

The UAW is not Ford Motor.....it is a separate company.

The UAW has about 513,000 active members and more than 575,000 retired members in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

There are more than 800 local unions in the UAW. The UAW currently has 3,100 contracts with some 2,000 employers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

Now....that being said.......

where you you to bitch on my behalf all the years you got raises?????

where were you all the years you got performance bonuses and I did not?/????.........

where were you to bitch that I never got a christmas bonus.????....... you did

where were you to bitch I never got profit sharing.......when you did????

where are you when I am out on nights and weekends for free doing my part to further our union causes...walking picket lines and knocking on doors for candidates???? you get overtime/holiday pay/weekend premium......I do not...........

I do not work for Ford................but don't you dare make anyone believe we don't give.............

I have question for ya. Why is it when we gave up the 3% raise the last time the IUAW still got theirs?

I have question for ya. Why is it when we gave up the 3% raise the last time the IUAW still got theirs?

They are a year behind everyone else.....they do not negotiate until after the big 3 negotiate. Therefore what you gain they gain after...what you lose they lose after. One other thing, the IUAW is not just made up of big 3 members, they actually one make up 1/3 of the UAW and same as IUAW. We got our 3% last year, they did not, they will get theirs this year....their year runs from March to March and ours runs from Sept to Sept. Nextr year I am certain they will not be getting the bonus we are giving up now....just how it works. They can not negotiate their contract before our contract is negotiated because they get everything we get ( actually they try and Mirror the GM agreement).

Level,how will the vacation effect the june people? If someone is sitting with 3,4 or 5 weeks. IF their not granted it will it be paid?

If the company refuses you your time owed you will get pay in lieu! There is no way that they will be able to get people out. Also if there is something that happens out of your control (TLO, medical) and the company can not acommidate your request then they pay you!! They will have to come up with a more robust request system.

It's all based on how we conduct our elections and the people WE the rank and file elect to represent us. We've no one to blame but ourselves. Don't you see it time and time again at your plant? The same people getting re-elected and everyone talks about how worthless they are but they keep getting back in. How does this happen? Because of the rank and file.

I disagree Spring. The rank and file does elect the local officers but the international officers are not elected by the rank and file. They are appointed by the powers to be. Don't start telling me that the convention delegates that are elected by the rank and file have the power to go to the national convention and change the way things are done. We all know that once you get to that level of power there is no getting them out of office unless they retire or turn 65 and are not allowed to run for re-election again. How many people ran against the IUAW president last election? None! How many people do you think will run at next year’s convention when Ol' Ron steps down. I would be surprised if it was more than ONE. I have seen it for the past 6-7 years at the regional level. The people running for office have been pre-selected at the bar while BS-ing the night before the election takes place. Then the ones that have been handpicked run unopposed and win by acclamation. I'm sure it is done more in advance at the IUAW level but it's the same old crap. If this was not the case the White Haired Wonder would not be in the place he is. I know you know which Appointed Rep. I am talking about because from your past posts you feel the same way I do about him. About 90% of the information that comes out of his mouth is inaccurate. We have to go around him and to Frank K. to get more accurate information. It is sad but I do not know one single person that would vote for him but he has a job for life. It's the good ol' boy network at its best. To the IUAW reps that do care and put in more casual time than we care to even think about, My hat is off to you. I wish I could shake everyone of your hands and say "Thank you! Not for doing your jobs but for going above and beyond your job." I appreciate what you do. Unfortunately there are certain people that abuse the job and we at the local level have no way of getting them out of office.

I disagree Spring. The rank and file does elect the local officers but the international officers are not elected by the rank and file. They are appointed by the powers to be. Don't start telling me that the convention delegates that are elected by the rank and file have the power to go to the national convention and change the way things are done. We all know that once you get to that level of power there is no getting them out of office unless they retire or turn 65 and are not allowed to run for re-election again. How many people ran against the IUAW president last election? None! How many people do you think will run at next year’s convention when Ol' Ron steps down. I would be surprised if it was more than ONE. I have seen it for the past 6-7 years at the regional level. The people running for office have been pre-selected at the bar while BS-ing the night before the election takes place. Then the ones that have been handpicked run unopposed and win by acclamation. I'm sure it is done more in advance at the IUAW level but it's the same old crap. If this was not the case the White Haired Wonder would not be in the place he is. I know you know which Appointed Rep. I am talking about because from your past posts you feel the same way I do about him. About 90% of the information that comes out of his mouth is inaccurate. We have to go around him and to Frank K. to get more accurate information. It is sad but I do not know one single person that would vote for him but he has a job for life. It's the good ol' boy network at its best. To the IUAW reps that do care and put in more casual time than we care to even think about, My hat is off to you. I wish I could shake everyone of your hands and say "Thank you! Not for doing your jobs but for going above and beyond your job." I appreciate what you do. Unfortunately there are certain people that abuse the job and we at the local level have no way of getting them out of office.

I am gonna sue that "white haired wonder" for turning the volume UP on the mic. when he was trying to shut off the UAW members question today at the vote !!! I cant hear now...and I have no feeling in my right arm... :hysterical: What a joke.....As far as the other.. I would like to nominate for IUAW President Mr. ...............hey who turned off the microphone...???

I read here often and rarely post, but after seeing this thread, I have a question for the union elected members at the plant- especially KCAP.

Why are YOU not downsizing? Why do you need a SGT at Arms, a secretary, etc. While lineworkers suffer, your jobs are intact.

It's time for the the union to buckle down and save costs at the hall. The local news paper should only be sent to the retirees, it costs at least a buck a copy for each member you mail it to.

Tired of watching the union officials sit in their offices while we wonder what will happen next.

I read here often and rarely post, but after seeing this thread, I have a question for the union elected members at the plant- especially KCAP.

Why are YOU not downsizing? Why do you need a SGT at Arms, a secretary, etc. While lineworkers suffer, your jobs are intact.

It's time for the the union to buckle down and save costs at the hall. The local news paper should only be sent to the retirees, it costs at least a buck a copy for each member you mail it to.

Tired of watching the union officials sit in their offices while we wonder what will happen next.

why are they still getting paid 65 hours week?

Not quite sure what positions you are proposing to eliminate, but SGT at Arms is a volunteer position. No pay for it. That is everywhere I have been anyway. I would be suprised if it is different at your local.

As far as the paper goes I have to agree with ya there. Save a tree or two and either post it on line or send it via email to those who want and sign up for it.

Edited by VDTRANSMAN

Sgt at arms does receive pay. Typically 2 hours of pay for the monthly exec board meeting. Thats the only time they are on the job unless given loss time for other union functions.

2 hours of their hourly pay, just like everyone else that is excused for the meeting. It is paid by the Company, not the Local. Lot time.

For the last time???

Listen buddy...this is a long explanation....

The UAW is not Ford Motor.....it is a separate company.

The UAW has about 513,000 active members and more than 575,000 retired members in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

There are more than 800 local unions in the UAW. The UAW currently has 3,100 contracts with some 2,000 employers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

Now....that being said.......

where you you to bitch on my behalf all the years you got raises?????

where were you all the years you got performance bonuses and I did not?/????.........

where were you to bitch that I never got a christmas bonus.????....... you did

where were you to bitch I never got profit sharing.......when you did????

where are you when I am out on nights and weekends for free doing my part to further our union causes...walking picket lines and knocking on doors for candidates???? you get overtime/holiday pay/weekend premium......I do not...........

I do not work for Ford................but don't you dare make anyone believe we don't give.............

You forgot one little bit of information "Every UAW representative receives their payroll check from Dearborn, Michigan" Who do you think signs their payroll check?

Barkin' up the wrong tree, buddy. We had to re-negotiate our contract, why do they get a free pass?

And don't tell me to shut up.

I'm not barking yet...are you talking about local committees??

If you are talking about IUAW....you did not receive a pay cut or a benefits cut. You lost your christmas bonus (they do not get one), you lost your performance bonus (they have and always will re-negotiate the same....or usually what GM gets), Benefits they have to today take physicals every year with co-pays. Not sure what you are talking about, I have tried to explain it, but maybe someone from the IUAW can come on here and explain this too you?? The Ford dept. of the UAW has decreased by over 50% in the past 4 years, so I am not sure what you are talking about cuts......maybe I missed it?

PS shut up! :shades: shut-up.jpg