Don't let them scare you into a yes vote

diecaster

Concessions will pass,one way or another,I am sure of that.The important thing is to show up and vote.We all are giving up a different amount.Myself,I already work basically the mid-night shift for only 5% shift premium.I have not been briefed at the Union hall yet but the way I understand it,I will be forced to work Friday 12 hours paid 11.5=straight time,Saturday 12 hours paid 11.5 at 125%,Sunday 12 hours,paid 11.5 at 125% and Monday 12 hours,paid 11.5 at straight time.This amounts to about $20 an hour under the old system of overtime.Although I had a physical about 10 months ago and everything was negative I must take another physical and be fined for being overweight.This is not only discrimmination,it is humiliation and emotionally disciplining me for life 'choices',whatever that means.Just what I needed at age 53.What are you contributing?The smile already was wiped off my face.This is depression.Don`t even look my way.Do us both a favor.If looks could kill,you would be dead.Digging it aint ya,,,you low-life MOTHER-FUCKERS!Then wonder why the rest of the country spits on your ass!

Edited by Fatso

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really need to do your homework. I suggest you look up on Ford's company website and look at their annual reports. As of Dec 2008, they have $24 Billion, and they are going through alot of cash, but they are not going bankrupt anytime soon, at least not the next year, as which is not the case for the other 2 companies. We have lost close to 50,000 Ford-UAW workers since Dec 2005. We need to stand up and say no, not to say that maybe next year, if things don't impove that we will need to take concessions, but let's not give before we have to. Don't believe what you hear, until you do your homework.

So the company is supposed to burn thru the 24 billion$ before you get a clue? Don't think it will happen that way. If this deal is turned down then UAW will have to deal with GM or Chrysler and we will all be in worse shape and all the big talk will still be worthless. P.S., I am one who worked at supplier plant that went bancrupt, and all I got were the memories of big talkers saying screw em. And by the way, some of the big mouths went and worked for the company when it became a scab shop that paid 1/2 the wages because they could not get any other job. Ford has been a fairly decent compny to work for, so why don't you go out and buy a Ford product and do something constructive.

You really need to do your homework. I suggest you look up on Ford's company website and look at their annual reports. As of Dec 2008, they have $24 Billion, and they are going through alot of cash, but they are not going bankrupt anytime soon, at least not the next year, as which is not the case for the other 2 companies. We have lost close to 50,000 Ford-UAW workers since Dec 2005. We need to stand up and say no, not to say that maybe next year, if things don't impove that we will need to take concessions, but let's not give before we have to. Don't believe what you hear, until you do your homework.

Boy...you are no accountant....

So let me get this straight..............Ford borrows 23 billion dollars from a bank and mortgages everything..........puts it into an account and WHALLA!!!

Hey everyone.....Ford is just fine..............don't worry about the interest of a billion a month that is due...........don't worry about the mortgage.............don't worry about sales.......as long as we make cars we don't need to sell em...............

Your right......................every one of us should go out and get a loan also...........mortgage everything you have........and then you too can be rich like Ford.

Who could have known it was so easy????

Thank you standup.........now sitdown

Edited by level

Boy...you are no accountant....

So let me get this straight..............Ford borrows 23 billion dollars from a bank and mortgages everything..........puts it into an account and WHALLA!!!

Hey everyone.....Ford is just fine..............don't worry about the interest of a billion a month that is due...........don't worry about the mortgage.............don't worry about sales.......as long as we make cars we don't need to sell em...............

Your right......................every one of us should go out and get a loan also...........mortgage everything you have........and then you too can be rich like Ford.

Who could have known it was so easy????

Thank you standup.........now sitdown

WOW!, just..., Wow.

No fucking wonder the rank and file is a lost cause with IUAW reps of your caliber on our side.

:angry: :sos::censored:

Vote NO!!! It will pass anyway......

finally someone who believes the union is as crooked at the bankers and the mortgage companies!!!! I have been reading the proposed cuts and nowhere have I found any cuts to union representative jobs...... tell me why none of those lifetime appointed jobs have been included in cuts.. some of those appointed jobs do not take 40hrs a week to do....these employees should only be allowed so many hours a week to do thier duties and the rest of the week they should be on the line with the rest of us....sure would make sure those people take those jobs for the right reason!!!! I also have not been abel to find who will be responsible for overseeing the vote (ie: counting the votes) sure would make sense to have an outside company take care of that, maybe then IF it passes the workers would get behind it instead of wonder if it was fixed or botched..... maybe I am wrong for feeling this way and if you think I am I am sincerely sorry...but this is STILL america and we still have the RIGHT to voice our feelings and opinions wether they are right or wrong.....so with that I would like to end with THANK GOD WE LIVE IN AMERICA.......AND......SHAME ON GOVERMENT FOR LETTING FORIEGN COMPANIES OWN IT!!!!! :sos: :angry:

:angry: :sos::censored:

finally someone who believes the union is as crooked at the bankers and the mortgage companies!!!! I have been reading the proposed cuts and nowhere have I found any cuts to union representative jobs...... tell me why none of those lifetime appointed jobs have been included in cuts.. some of those appointed jobs do not take 40hrs a week to do....these employees should only be allowed so many hours a week to do thier duties and the rest of the week they should be on the line with the rest of us....sure would make sure those people take those jobs for the right reason!!!! I also have not been abel to find who will be responsible for overseeing the vote (ie: counting the votes) sure would make sense to have an outside company take care of that, maybe then IF it passes the workers would get behind it instead of wonder if it was fixed or botched..... maybe I am wrong for feeling this way and if you think I am I am sincerely sorry...but this is STILL america and we still have the RIGHT to voice our feelings and opinions wether they are right or wrong.....so with that I would like to end with THANK GOD WE LIVE IN AMERICA.......AND......SHAME ON GOVERMENT FOR LETTING FORIEGN COMPANIES OWN IT!!!!! :sos: :angry:

I am probaly voting yes because some pain is better than just closing up shop, but I also am wondering why all of these appointed jobs and other union perks seem to be protected. Union appointees manning the fitness center? I think I would rather give crap like that up than my COLA.

I am probaly voting yes because some pain is better than just closing up shop, but I also am wondering why all of these appointed jobs and other union perks seem to be protected. Union appointees manning the fitness center? I think I would rather give crap like that up than my COLA.

What planet are you on? Our fitness center was locked up two years ago.

As a Retiree I don't get to vote one way or the other.Ford seems to be in better shape than the other "domestics" and maybe it seems unreasonable to be asked to make concessions. But I will say this: comparing Ford to Gm and Chrysler is like comparing a guy on life support to two corpses and it wouldn't take too much for consumers to "pull the plug." Imagine voting down any reasonable package of concessions and asking consumers to buy our product in this economy. Or,worst case, turning it down and then having to ask for Bailout money down the road. A "No" vote might send the negotiators back to the table to draft something acceptable to those opposed to this agreement. But a redrafted agreement may have language that is unacceptable to those who are willing to live with this one.No concessions package I can imagine will fail to make some of us unhappy. With the survival of the company approaching a "tipping point" I'm not sure this is the time to risk the Public Relations nightmare a "NO" vote will create.

As a Retiree I don't get to vote one way or the other.Ford seems to be in better shape than the other "domestics" and maybe it seems unreasonable to be asked to make concessions. But I will say this: comparing Ford to Gm and Chrysler is like comparing a guy on life support to two corpses and it wouldn't take too much for consumers to "pull the plug." Imagine voting down any reasonable package of concessions and asking consumers to buy our product in this economy. Or,worst case, turning it down and then having to ask for Bailout money down the road. A "No" vote might send the negotiators back to the table to draft something acceptable to those opposed to this agreement. But a redrafted agreement may have language that is unacceptable to those who are willing to live with this one.No concessions package I can imagine will fail to make some of us unhappy. With the survival of the company approaching a "tipping point" I'm not sure this is the time to risk the Public Relations nightmare a "NO" vote will create.

IOWs, we,the current workers should just shut up and continue to fund your retirement with our foreclosed homes and zero balance 401k's.

I hate to break this to ya, Bro, but there is very little blood left in this rock.

However, Walmart is hiring greeters.

IOWs, we,the current workers should just shut up and continue to fund your retirement with our foreclosed homes and zero balance 401k's.

I hate to break this to ya, Bro, but there is very little blood left in this rock.

However, Walmart is hiring greeters.

I'm not sure what part of my post made you think I want Active employees to suffer and Retirees to retain all their benefits. I would think that funding the VEBA with company stock might put us at risk too. I'd rather not see an adversarial relationship between active and retired members. I'd like for you to join us some day. Hell, they might come back with a package that eliminates retiree health care completely and I wouldn't care for that. What I was trying to say without offending anyone (and apparently I've failed) is that any concession package will hurt some of us, active or retired. Skeptical consumers(and taxpayers) who largely feel we are over compensated are not going to understand a "NO" vote. I didn't suggest anyone should shut up. Can't we just disagree with civility?

You are lost. Level is correct, what part of his statement makes him a bad IUAW rep idiot!!

Again with the name calling.

Okay TWIT, what is an ellipsis and why does the company bring folks with a master's or better to the table?

Why does the union bring good ole boys who buy a round at the local bar at election time to the table?

Lucky I used an "i" and not an "a".

Too bad we have another scared employee. They have accomplished their mission on you. Don't be a pussy take a stand

Hard core Johnny Bad ---, this is the problem with the Union people who do not think with common sense. It must be all about you and what you want rather than what is best for long term. Remember this is not just a UAW issue we are dealing with here, these are National issues that if us as American citizens don't start sticking together the Chinese will soon own all of us. we need to rebuild, we have to sacrifice something to get something and those (which may include you) self centered individuals that belong to this union that only care about themselves and not the group are the same people who are going destroy this union who has given all of us what we have. People have to wake up and smell the coffee, things will not get better unless we become united.

Hard core Johnny Bad ---, this is the problem with the Union people who do not think with common sense. It must be all about you and what you want rather than what is best for long term. Remember this is not just a UAW issue we are dealing with here, these are National issues that if us as American citizens don't start sticking together the Chinese will soon own all of us. we need to rebuild, we have to sacrifice something to get something and those (which may include you) self centered individuals that belong to this union that only care about themselves and not the group are the same people who are going destroy this union who has given all of us what we have. People have to wake up and smell the coffee, things will not get better unless we become united.

I just turned off the coffee maker in the nick of time...,Where were you? You couldn't smell it burning?

China already owns us, the USA. Ford will go down to crush the unions. These concessions are just added pin money for upper management.

In a nutshell, a yes or no vote really doesn't matter. All was lost long before this.

Instead of accusing people of thinking for themselves and causing work to go to China, how about you take a stand for those unfortunate workers overseas! Where are your calls to Congress and the President on the poor working conditions, lack of good wages, human rights violations, and ergonomic standards of these foreign workers? Have you ever tried to stand up for them? They need us to fight for them to better their work and wages as much as we need to fight for our own. If we all "united" as workers, not just Americans, our work would stop going overseas! No company would pay proper wages and healthcare on top of overseas shipping costs. That's the only solution that will keep our work within our borders. You are right on the Unite thing, just not on giving anything else up.

Again with the name calling.

Okay TWIT, what is an ellipsis and why does the company bring folks with a master's or better to the table?

Why does the union bring good ole boys who buy a round at the local bar at election time to the table?

Lucky I used an "i" and not an "a".

Truffle, do you realize who elects these people to the negotiations table? WE DO! They are chosen from our delegates to National Ford (i.e our presidents, chairmen and bargaining reps). In turn, they elect the national negotiators. So WHY does the union bring the good ole boys to the table? I guess that's a questions we have to ask ourselves, isn't it? Could it be because our elections have evolved into avote for your buddy type of situation? It's all a popularity contest instead of truly looking at who is the best person for the job. So I guess we should all look to one another on this one.

Truffle, do you realize who elects these people to the negotiations table? WE DO! They are chosen from our delegates to National Ford (i.e our presidents, chairmen and bargaining reps). In turn, they elect the national negotiators. So WHY does the union bring the good ole boys to the table? I guess that's a questions we have to ask ourselves, isn't it? Could it be because our elections have evolved into avote for your buddy type of situation? It's all a popularity contest instead of truly looking at who is the best person for the job. So I guess we should all look to one another on this one.

I realize a whole lot more than you would give me credit for.

No skin off me.