Next Focus Previewed in Iosis Max Concept

With the typical toning down from concept to production, I think it should turn out just fine. The grille looks a bit overdone on the concept version though. And those headlights! Wowzers!! I do love the innovative hatch design though. Would be interesting if an iteration of that made it through to production.

Going by the sketches of the interior, it looks like the Fiesta-inspired center stack will become the dominant design moving forward also. Certainly not a bad thing.

Overall? 7 out of 10, with possible 8.5 out of 10 hopes for production appearance.

With the typical toning down from concept to production, I think it should turn out just fine. The grille looks a bit overdone on the concept version though. And those headlights! Wowzers!! I do love the innovative hatch design though. Would be interesting if an iteration of that made it through to production.

Going by the sketches of the interior, it looks like the Fiesta-inspired center stack will become the dominant design moving forward also. Certainly not a bad thing.

Overall? 7 out of 10, with possible 8.5 out of 10 hopes for production appearance.

7 out of ten????/ Last time I invite you to a wet tee-shirt contest.......

interestingly enough though, is this concept isn't playing by the Mullaly rules...ie producible. One has to omit too many novelties to reflect a production versio. lights...nope, sliding doors...nope, lack of b-pillar ...nope....the Euros are revolting....LOL.

To me, it looks like the nose is too short for a C-segment Focus. I like the short clam-shell nose for the Fiesta, but this looks even shorter. The large lower trapezoidal grille is sharp, but the taillights extending all the way to the rear door is way overdone in my opinion. Overall, pretty nice but I think the production version will turn out to look better.

That's all? It looks like an evolution of the Fiesta! Boring!

Not a fan of Kinetic, eh? :hysterical:

I think the proportions will change when the vehicle is given overhangs. I think they lack of overhangs is what is making this look just like the fiesta. I LOVE the headlights, LOVE the taillights, and HOPE that the grille treatment is balanced a little different like we expect the US spec Fiesta to be: slightly larger upper opening than euro and slightly smaller lower opening.

It has always been said that was the plan in the first place. Of course, this being a Geneva concept, I doubt it has much bearing at all on what North America will get.

IMHO Ford is using this to test the style to see how people react to it. If people like it, then the finished product will be a conservative version of it. I hope some of the more wild features make it to production.

Like I said, it just looks a little overdone to me. Tone it down for production and it would jump up to an 8.5.

Tone it down a little and it would be perfect for the European market. With North American cars like the Civic and Yaris, this is not that far off. Americans will buy it. Remember this is the C-Max. The Focus will have a much lower roof and a longer hood. For the Focus, think this car with a Civics proportions. Would be very sharp.

To me, it looks like the B-Max concept - not the C-Max concept. It looks really small.

Trust me. This thing is huge. They carefully styled it so that it does not look as tall as it really is. Look like it is within a few inches of the height of an Edge.

To me, it looks like the nose is too short for a C-segment Focus. I like the short clam-shell nose for the Fiesta, but this looks even shorter. The large lower trapezoidal grille is sharp, but the taillights extending all the way to the rear door is way overdone in my opinion. Overall, pretty nice but I think the production version will turn out to look better.

I don't like the taillights either.

And can't they come up with another name for their concepts or does everything now have to be IOSIS _____?