Bob King at Kansas City - Transit

r7n7

Today, at the Kansas City Local 249 voting, Bob King said that if these modifications are ratified, KCAP will get the Transit.

A very "spirited" discussion took place as well, thanks to everyone who attended and not throwing too much of a riot. :finger:

Bob promised KCAP a product... HE DID!?!?! REALLY!

ONLY IF we vote his contrat in.... Well isnt that convenient!

hmm bribery? plant vs. plant mentality?

Lets all take that one to the bank !!

And wasnt this Transit also promised to a few other plants "if they voted FOR the contract" ?? I belive it was....

BTW -- Correct me if Im wrong but the entire KCAP plant can vote NO but this thing has already passed from all the other plants that have voted it in.... right???

So Bobs "promise" doesnt really mean jack shit, does it?

Did Bob also promise we'd get everything back once Ford starts making a profit too? HE DIDN'T?!?!

Is any of this shit Bob's promising all of us in writing anywhere and if it is, does that piece of paper mean jack shit like all the paper our contract was written on?

Hey! Just curious!

Edited by AnotherAutoWorker

anotherautoworker,,pay attention,he did not say only if it was ratified by us,it will be here,,the transit connect will be in ohio,and i will correct you,,we can vote it down by 70 percent and the nation wide vote for yes will be tied or 1 percent twords no,,thats only if 100 percent vote from our plant and we hit 70 no,,but the delima comes when kentucky votes and we all no how that will go

r7n7.....you need to listen closer to what is ACTUALLY said, not what you wanted to hear. Mr King never said "if", but he did infer that. But fell short of saying we actually get anything, except a "committment".... He also danced around the question when it was asked in a more straight forward way. Employee X "Mr. King what makes this promise of future product any better than the last 2 contracts, when we were promised a new Body shop?" Remember that one ???????? AAW I actually agree with the majority of your post. I was also embarrased when a UAW brother was belittled before even getting his question out, because he drives a GM product. Whether or not I agree with him driving a GM or not, he should be able to speak . (I would rather he drive a UAW GM than a non UAW Ford myself). There were about 5 or 6 things done/said by the IUAW and Local leadership today that really made me sad to be a part of today, and I hope and pray that we NEVER have to go through this crap again. Unfortunately we will I am afraid. Soon.. :censored::censored::censored::censored:

the escape,,we will be getting our f 150s back from your plant in due time sir,,thanks to your very narrow margin of yes votes,,thanks

This is the whip-saw bullshit that is wrong with this fucking union. WTF!!!! Does anyone on this worthless board have any love for there fellow union brother?

the escape,,we will be getting our f 150s back from your plant in due time sir,,thanks to your very narrow margin of yes votes,,thanks

And a narrow margin? Hell, we voted the last one down by that percent I think. Thats one hell of an improvement for us.

r7n7.....you need to listen closer to what is ACTUALLY said, not what you wanted to hear. Mr King never said "if", but he did infer that. But fell short of saying we actually get anything, except a "committment".... He also danced around the question when it was asked in a more straight forward way. Employee X "Mr. King what makes this promise of future product any better than the last 2 contracts, when we were promised a new Body shop?" Remember that one ???????? AAW I actually agree with the majority of your post. I was also embarrased when a UAW brother was belittled before even getting his question out, because he drives a GM product. Whether or not I agree with him driving a GM or not, he should be able to speak . (I would rather he drive a UAW GM than a non UAW Ford myself). There were about 5 or 6 things done/said by the IUAW and Local leadership today that really made me sad to be a part of today, and I hope and pray that we NEVER have to go through this crap again. Unfortunately we will I am afraid. Soon.. :censored::censored::censored::censored:

remember wish in one hand and sh*t in the other wait and see which one fills up first.

bob king also inferred there would be two or maybe three shifts for the transit. He said they sell 160K unit in Europe, then plain forgot what the projected sales in the states would be.

KC SUV side stand by if we get the transit you will be at one shift in the forseeable future.

remember wish in one hand and sh*t in the other wait and see which one fills up first.

bob king also inferred there would be two or maybe three shifts for the transit. He said they sell 160K unit in Europe, then plain forgot what the projected sales in the states would be.

KC SUV side stand by if we get the transit you will be at one shift in the forseeable future.

I heard they were only going to build 40 per hr

I heard they were only going to build 40 per hr

This may just be my tendence to see only the doom and gloom in our future. But, I think that once that transit gets to KCAP you are going to have to have 15 years or more to keep your job. I hope that everyone with less than that who voted "yes" is happy to be kicked to the curb.

Edited by hoardpm

This may just be my tendence to see only the doom and gloom in our future. But, I think that once that transit gets to KCAP you are going to have to have 15 years or more to keep your job. I hope that everyone with less than that who voted "yes" is happy to be kicked to the curb.

I believe that is coming and sooner than one might think.

There are two Transit models. The Transit is a passenger type van. The Connect is a cargo-delivery type. I have seen your name quite abit on here. It seems to me that you surely would have seen this info on here lately. :finger::banghead:

The Ford Transit can be used as a passenger unit,but i think most of its use will be commercial in the U.S.

Lots of small business aroung here use the Dodge Sprinter(lots of contractors use it).

The Ford Transit Connect is built on the European C-Platform and is used as a light fleet delivery van.

There are 8 vehicles built off the C-Platform in Europe,most we won't see in the U.S.

The current rumours is that two plants will build the C-Platform,MTP/Wayne building the European Ford Focus.

Lap building Multi-vehicles from the C-Platform, its been on the news we are building the Ford Kuga.

If LAP is going to be a true multi-vehicle plant,then that would possibly bring the Ford Transit Connect here also.

Just keep in mind that Ford has said again,that it is only going to need two plants to build all they will need for the C-Platform.

We'll just have to wait and see how this plays out in the next 12 to 18 months.

Edited by rc38

Thats funny shit. He plain forgot what the projected volumes were for the hybrid trans that is supposed to be coming to VD as well. :shrug:

He didn't mention anything about the new Powershift transmission until asked directly, then replied "unfortunately it will be built at a new plant in Mexico."

Edited by VDTRANSMAN

The Ford Transit can be used as a passenger unit,but i think most of its use will be commercial in the U.S.

Lots of small business aroung here use the Dodge Sprinter(lots of contractors use it).

The Ford Transit Connect is built on the European C-Platform and is used as a light fleet delivery van.

There are 8 vehicles built off the C-Platform in Europe,most we won't see in the U.S.

The current rumours is that two plants will build the C-Platform,MTP/Wayne building the European Ford Focus.

Lap building Multi-vehicles from the C-Platform, its been on the news we are building the Ford Kuga.

If LAP is going to be a true multi-vehicle plant,then that would possibly bring the Ford Transit Connect here also.

Just keep in mind that Ford has said again,that it is only going to need two plants to build all they will need for the C-Platform.

We'll just have to wait and see how this plays out in the next 12 to 18 months.

The Transit is also avaliable in a chasis cab, 2 door and crew cab. Also a one tone chasis with DRW, many applications, ambulance, RV, or whatever you want to put on the back, U-Hauls, dump beds ect.. The Transit van has 3 lenghts and 2 or 3 roof heights, many applications. Glad were not getting Transit Connect.

anotherautoworker,,pay attention,he did not say only if it was ratified by us,it will be here,,the transit connect will be in ohio,and i will correct you,,we can vote it down by 70 percent and the nation wide vote for yes will be tied or 1 percent twords no,,thats only if 100 percent vote from our plant and we hit 70 no,,but the delima comes when kentucky votes and we all no how that will go

You know how Kentucky votes huh?? Well it seems that your plant voted it in by a bigger margain than Kentucky did, and the same amout of retards voted.