Jsp to unemployment?

ypsiford4605

the plan is too not let our ilo members go without a check. You get a jsp check next week and a sub check the next week. Unemployment will be the next week + sub. I haven't heard what the first SUB check will be for.
I was at my plant today asked when ilo started and they said that they have no info.I thought the company has to inform us that we are on ilo that is what they did last time I was taken out of jsp and put into ilo.Also you don't get a sub check until you get your first unemployment check,then you get sub the following week,unless they changed something.I would suggest everyone call or go into HR at your plant and find out what the hell is going on,that is what I will be doing.You would think the UAW would inform their members on all of this.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called my union rep and left a message late Friday afternoon and will be expecting a call Monday morning to answer my questions....is that reasonable? :banghead: :o

They have answers from an i rep at the other site i just joined at Ford Fanatic forums. I tried to cut and paste his answers from that site to this one but it isn't working. He explained it pretty good. I will try again another way. Does anyone know how to do this?

They have answers from an i rep at the other site i just joined at Ford Fanatic forums. I tried to cut and paste his answers from that site to this one but it isn't working. He explained it pretty good. I will try again another way. Does anyone know how to do this?
Ford Fanatic is a great site. Glad you joined. But I don't think it would be a good idea to copy and paste anything from that forum to this one. The Moderators I dont think would like that. Anyway, it's a great site, just thought I'd let you know.

Depends on the conditions you were in GEN to begin with.

(Volume related) If you took a skilled trades layoff then went to GEN after you exhausted your layoff weeks, you could have a serious problem. On a volume related indefinate layoff you have two choices, go back to production or take the skilled trades layoff. If you elect to take the skilled trades layoff, you are signing off on your production seniority.

(Sourcing related) If you went straight to GEN protection due to sourcing you have the right to go back.

Not true.....everyone was put into JSP either collecting 100% or 85 %....no one was ILOed due to volume. Now that everyone will be going to ILO they will have an option to go back to production until their seniority allows them back on trades or be ILOed as a skilled trades person! Was no mechanism to do that when you were in JSP.....although they did ask for volunteers in the past, only because there was production openings! Now you will have a 1 time offer to volunteer to production!

Not true.....everyone was put into JSP either collecting 100% or 85 %....no one was ILOed due to volume. Now that everyone will be going to ILO they will have an option to go back to production until their seniority allows them back on trades or be ILOed as a skilled trades person! Was no mechanism to do that when you were in JSP.....although they did ask for volunteers in the past, only because there was production openings! Now you will have a 1 time offer to volunteer to production!

Have you heard how they will handle people from closed plants ?

I never said anyone was ILO'd due to volume. I simply stated an answer with different variables to his question because depending on how he ended up in GEN to BEGIN with certainly does change things entirely.

Yes there was a mechanism to return to production before, and no there did not have to be openings. BUT.....it depended on your status, and how you ended up in GEN to BEGIN with.

Edited by VDTRANSMAN

i haven't heard anything.been in jsp due to plant closing since sept. 08. anyone know when or if we are suppose to sign up for unemployment. any info would be greatly appreciated.thanks
I have not heard anything either,I am at home getting 85% I will be calling HR at my plant on Monday.I was there Friday and they told me they did'nt have any info regarding this.I would suggest you to call region 1A ,that is who will get my second call Monday (313-291-2750),hope this is helpful.

I have not heard anything either,I am at home getting 85% I will be calling HR at my plant on Monday.I was there Friday and they told me they did'nt have any info regarding this.I would suggest you to call region 1A ,that is who will get my second call Monday (313-291-2750),hope this is helpful.

my plant is closed(sold)therefore i don't have a local hr, however i'll call my region 8 office on monday and try to get some info. thanks for the help and good luck from nashville

my plant is closed(sold)therefore i don't have a local hr, however i'll call my region 8 office on monday and try to get some info. thanks for the help and good luck from nashville

i got a automated message saying that i had to register at mich. works when i filed for unemployment.hopefully that doesnt mean that if they can find me a job regardless of pay i will be inelligible for unemployment

You can only bump-zone if there is an opening out-of-zone first. for example: If you are the highest seniority trades in zones 1&2 (michigan) jsp and there are no

openings in michigan, but there is one for your trade in say.............Chicago Assembly, you can then refuse the posting in Chicago and bump the lowest seniority

in your trade in michigan (zone 1&2). :reading:

Now this is where it gets crazy. What if you are laid off in Mich. and the highest seniority in your trade laid off say 25 yrs. seniority. A opening out of zone comes up say in Chicago, you turn it down thinking you will bump the lowest seniority with say 10 yrs. in Mich. and he would go to Chicago. Now what if Louisville Assy. has someone in the same trade laid off with 20 yrs. and would like to go to Chicago. Would the person from Louisville get the opening in Chicago or would the 10 yr. guy from Mich. have to go?

Now this is where it gets crazy. What if you are laid off in Mich. and the highest seniority in your trade laid off say 25 yrs. seniority. A opening out of zone comes up say in Chicago, you turn it down thinking you will bump the lowest seniority with say 10 yrs. in Mich. and he would go to Chicago. Now what if Louisville Assy. has someone in the same trade laid off with 20 yrs. and would like to go to Chicago. Would the person from Louisville get the opening in Chicago or would the 10 yr. guy from Mich. have to go?

10 year guy would have to go.

If thats the case, this contract screws everyone outside of a zone because people inside a zone will get first shot, then if they dont want to go they bump low man. All this while a seniority employee outside of a zone will not get a chance for a job. I say lets do away with zones and let seniority be national then we will be one union.

I have not been notified about ILO as far as I'm concerned until I do I'm still in JSP, I'm also from a closed plant

from what i been reading jsp ended friday and monday will be first day on ilo. i'am just trying to keep from getting my checks all screwed up and also unemployment checks.in tennessee once unemployment is screwed up it might take a month to get a check. if you find out any info please post here and i will do the same.

That section you were trying to copy from is restricted from public access, and cannot be copied, or Linked to this or any public board. What is reveled there is for it's members, and any attempt to release it here will have you removed from FF. Please be a good steward of what you learn there, and use it to help you, and those you care about. Just don't try to make it public knowledge bro!

We must remember that all other employment MUST be reported meaning that all of us that landed jobs while in jsp are now screwed for sure. :ohsnap:

You can collect sub pay if you have another job. They will reduce the sub by the amount of unemployment you would have collected. This is new from the amended contract.

from what i been reading jsp ended friday and monday will be first day on ilo. i'am just trying to keep from getting my checks all screwed up and also unemployment checks.in tennessee once unemployment is screwed up it might take a month to get a check. if you find out any info please post here and i will do the same.

just called my plant in reply to auto. message from friday about ilo and filing for unenjoyment,was told to disregard that call i will be getting a new one and that ford will be filing for me and that i would not have to do anything.a little bit of good news for monday.now lets just hope everbody can get back to work somewhere,hell if there moving temps out of saline they should to the same at sheldon,milan and so on so senority employees are working,remember the game just changed with regard to job security

just called my plant in reply to auto. message from friday about ilo and filing for unenjoyment,was told to disregard that call i will be getting a new one and that ford will be filing for me and that i would not have to do anything.a little bit of good news for monday.now lets just hope everbody can get back to work somewhere,hell if there moving temps out of saline they should to the same at sheldon,milan and so on so senority employees are working,remember the game just changed with regard to job security

Be careful, in Michigan I think you still need to register for Michigan Works when you are on ILO.

That is not true.......in order for anyone in ILO status to be given an out of zone opportunity which would require him/her to make a decision, that opportunity would have been already offered to the guy in Louisville and he would have been able to go before anyone is forced to make a decision, provided there was not more than one opening!!