Cola already taken away

theycandothat

How can cola be gone already when the consessions were not even ratified until tuesday. What would of happened if it did not pass.
Posted at our plant that the formula made it take away $1.03 so we lost 99cents the first of March. So they say.

How can cola be gone already when the consessions were not even ratified until tuesday. What would of happened if it did not pass.

COLA goes by inflation and with the economy in the shitter the prices of things are actually going down so the cost of living is getting cheaper therefore you were going to lose it anyway.

Wow....guess you didn't pay much attention in the meeting......all but $.05 of the cost of living was folded into your base wage after the 2007 agreement...because of gas prices COLA (cost of living adjustment) jumped to $.99 (with $.02 going toward 2005 VEBA)......the 3 month average for COLA has decreased by $-1.03 therefore the float has went to $-.04, but they can not take more than the float....therefore the float is $.00 and because of the modifications this has been frozen till 2011 (company will still make up the $.02 for the 2005 VEBA). So regardless of the modification you would not have had COLA for the next 3 months for sure....who knows what it would have been after that!! All 3 auto makers lost COLA in March...nothing to do with modification!!

Wow....guess you didn't pay much attention in the meeting......all but $.05 of the cost of living was folded into your base wage after the 2007 agreement...because of gas prices COLA (cost of living adjustment) jumped to $.99 (with $.02 going toward 2005 VEBA)......the 3 month average for COLA has decreased by $-1.03 therefore the float has went to $-.04, but they can not take more than the float....therefore the float is $.00 and because of the modifications this has been frozen till 2011 (company will still make up the $.02 for the 2005 VEBA). So regardless of the modification you would not have had COLA for the next 3 months for sure....who knows what it would have been after that!! All 3 auto makers lost COLA in March...nothing to do with modification!!

I believe the cola was based on the cpi or consumer price index. And what a joke it is. As for example on the government's website looking at their table the compound annual rate (over the last 3 months) is -8.4%. But if you take the actual rate over the entire past year it is zero.

So which lie do you want? The new data is coming out on the 18th.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.nr0.htm

WOW, can you say that backwards standing on one foot?

Isn't the quarter ending march 30th? We a should have not lost already?

Started the First day of December 2008, ended the last day of February 2009 - This is known as the Fiscal Year!

We lost COLA the first week of March anyway.

We were lucky in the 2007 agreement to have $2.05 rolled over into our base wage or we would have lost a total of $3.08 with this new agreement!

Your lucky they dont retroactively make you re-pay COLA for the first week of March that was paid.

Edited by BTV to SHV Transferee

It's all BS if you ask me. All this is BS... The UAW the companies, people on capitol hill, the stock market.. everything..

This is just another example of the middle class getting suckered again!. Well at least April 1st anyone making under 250k per year will see a 12-14 increase in their take home pay due to the tax roll out of the new administration. I bet the UAW and company would want part of that also.

Problem is, all you idiots that caved in and voted yes on this agreement now opens a can of worms (once again) geezze you people must really want your short work week money taken also!.. Well it's coming soon you wait. Not to mention your father or grandfather's pension going bye bye..

Keep voting yes for the UAW, it's like shooting fish in a barrel (you can't miss), the UAW can't lose only the middle class will. Keep giving good ole' Ford what they want. You all soon will be living in 2 bedroom apartments eating spaghetti but now only your wife and kids will be with you. Or better yet you might be eating RAMON noodles for dinner.

have a nice day.. (remember keep voting yes).. As MTV said in the 80's "ROCK THE VOTE".. you sure as hell rocked it alright..

Have a nice day..

Edited by chuckie

It's all BS if you ask me. All this is BS... The UAW the companies, people on capitol hill, the stock market.. everything..

This is just another example of the middle class getting suckered again!. Well at least April 1st anyone making under 250k per year will see a 12-14 increase in their take home pay due to the tax roll out of the new administration. I bet the UAW and company would want part of that also.

Problem is, all you idiots that caved in and voted yes on this agreement now opens a can of worms (once again) geezze you people must really want your short work week money taken also!.. Well it's coming soon you wait. Not to mention your father or grandfather's pension going bye bye..

Keep voting yes for the UAW, it's like shooting fish in a barrel (you can't miss), the UAW can't lose only the middle class will. Keep giving good ole' Ford what they want. You all soon will be living in 2 bedroom apartments eating spaghetti but now only your wife and kids will be with you. Or better yet you might be eating RAMON noodles for dinner.

have a nice day.. (remember keep voting yes).. As MTV said in the 80's "ROCK THE VOTE".. you sure as hell rocked it alright..

Have a nice day..

Man, I've been singin' this same tune. These kool aid drinkin', ass kissin' SHEEP talk like we're anti union if we knock the UAW leadership. I guess they believe it's better to just smile and dive head first into the bullshit than it is to walk through it under protest. I wish we had the right to organize our own union. :beatdeadhorse:

Have a nice day..

Have a nice day..

You are so right those who voted yes will regret it.

I was told energy costs-gas ect are not part of the formula.

Does anyone actually HAVE the formula?

You can get the CPI from the bureau of Labor Statistics websight.

NOV -1.7

DEC -0.8

JAN 0.3

Have a nice day..

Gosh I wish I had the insight you do. You must have great connections. Get real bro!!

IT HAS JUST BEGUN........ANYTHING GOES!!!!!! :banghead: BY THE WAY, THANKS FOR THE YES VOTES!

As you know we are in a recession and what always follows a recession is inflation which always raises the COLA we gave up. We loose company wins again. Think back COLA has been our only raise for years. Now we voted yes to give it up. Years of contract negotiation down the drain. Lets see how long it takes to get it back.

As you know we are in a recession and what always follows a recession is inflation which always raises the COLA we gave up. We loose company wins again. Think back COLA has been our only raise for years. Now we voted yes to give it up. Years of contract negotiation down the drain. Lets see how long it takes to get it back.

Not entirely true. Our Fall perf. bonuses were a lump sum payment in lieu of % raises to our base rates. This way Ford saved from not tacking a raise onto our hrly pay and carrying it forward indefinitely.(eliminating compounding pay rates)..plus the OT premium, vac/personal pay,higher SUB pay,GEN pay,JSP pay,shift premium on the raise,etc,etc. Feeling better now??? LOL........

Not entirely true. Our Fall perf. bonuses were a lump sum payment in lieu of % raises to our base rates. This way Ford saved from not tacking a raise onto our hrly pay and carrying it forward indefinitely.(eliminating compounding pay rates)..plus the OT premium, vac/personal pay,higher SUB pay,GEN pay,JSP pay,shift premium on the raise,etc,etc. Feeling better now??? LOL........

So therefore it was not a raise just a bonus. Not something to be built upon.

So therefore it was not a raise just a bonus. Not something to be built upon.

Just word play my friend. It was intended to replace an hrly raise just because hrly raises compound into the future. It was a lump sum raise but by doing so Ford saved a nice sum cuz it couldnt be built upon. It was still a raise in my mind. And if you're old enough to remember , it replaced the trad. hrly raise. COLA and raises are not the same. COLA is intended to help keep you even with inflation, raises...are for good times or for a good job. I dont mind losing the bonuses, I am some what pissed about the COLA. But I'm not dwelling on it any longer, the vote is over, nothing to do about it now.