Atlanta Assembly

ooo14

I hate to look at these pics. They remind me of now gone great times that I've had with my former coworkers and friends. There was no reason that we could not have been retooled for the fusion triplets instead of mexico. But life goes on, and unfortunately Atlanta Assembly is gone now. Just a pile of twisted steel that is soon to be recycled. I have not been keeping up with what is going on with the company now, but I hope that no one else has to go through this.

taurus_assembly.jpg

2703535840099980555S600x600Q85.jpg

2201678980099980555S600x600Q85.jpg

ford_atl6.jpg

ford-plant.jpg

I saw a production chart with details for all of Ford's plants once. It started with the year 2003, and continued on until 2015. Atlanta was never slated to get the Milan/Fusion. Ford actually thought, at the time, that the 500 was going to be so popular, that Chicago was going to be the plant that built the 500, and Atlanta would be used to build the Montego and Freestyle.

Guess we all know the plans never worked out. It's a shame too. Quality and productivity should be rewarded.

234,000 miles on my 2000 Taurus 24V from Atlanta; the best Taurus of many I've owned! My 2003 24V (110,00 miles) from Chicago sucks in comparison; it's actually rusting on the panel under the driver's door. Hardly any paint under the trunk deck, power steering pump shot. Learned my lesson and got my F-150 from Norfolk before it closed!

They should have every member of the IUAW standing in front of those pics posing for photo ops. (something to be proud of) - not...

Those pics are amazing. Alan doesn't care tho and Mr. Fields screwed up this company with "way backward".

Shame on those that can't keep the company profitable...

I know a kid next door to me, he's 18 years old, he draws pictures of cars in his spare time. You should see the cars this kid draws on paper. These cars look nicer then whats out on the market. Maybe Ford should hire this guy.. What a shame.

I saw a production chart with details for all of Ford's plants once. It started with the year 2003, and continued on until 2015. Atlanta was never slated to get the Milan/Fusion. Ford actually thought, at the time, that the 500 was going to be so popular, that Chicago was going to be the plant that built the 500, and Atlanta would be used to build the Montego and Freestyle.

Guess we all know the plans never worked out. It's a shame too. Quality and productivity should be rewarded.

I have to disagree with you on ''Ford thought the 500 would be popular".I think Ford purposely set out for the 500 to fail.Why would you take one of the best selling cars of all time and make it look so bland,change the name and make it unaffordable?The Fusion could have gone to Atlanta but it did not,why is that?Isn't free trade and and competition great?.Workers are all against each other in a race to the bottom oh I am sorry I meant "competition".I wonder who is going to win the race?

Any former workers at AAP message me.I have a reunion BBQ trying to be set up and we would like your input.

Thanks for the link that you sent. I knew about that site, but never had the chance to visit.

As far as the FiveHundred goes, Ford said at the time of its release that it was not going to sale as many units as the Taurus. At that time they were minimizing fleet sales, and felt that the Taurus was a damaged name. Atlanta would have been perfect for the fusion triplets. I wonder how people like Mark Fields sleep at night (or keep their job) after they realize how they screwed up. Recall how the redesigned Fivehunderd was introduced at the 07 Detroit show, and then quickly renamed Taurus at the Chicago show. Even when viewed purely from a analytical point of view, their incompetence was amazing. In some ways the way forward worked, but in many ways it failed horribly. Fields cut too much muscle, and not enough fat. I just wish my former Bros and Sis well. Life moves on, and Ford unjustly closed one hell of a plant and lost a great workforce.

Thanks for the link that you sent. I knew about that site, but never had the chance to visit.

As far as the FiveHundred goes, Ford said at the time of its release that it was not going to sale as many units as the Taurus. At that time they were minimizing fleet sales, and felt that the Taurus was a damaged name. Atlanta would have been perfect for the fusion triplets. I wonder how people like Mark Fields sleep at night (or keep their job) after they realize how they screwed up. Recall how the redesigned Fivehunderd was introduced at the 07 Detroit show, and then quickly renamed Taurus at the Chicago show. Even when viewed purely from a analytical point of view, their incompetence was amazing. In some ways the way forward worked, but in many ways it failed horribly. Fields cut too much muscle, and not enough fat. I just wish my former Bros and Sis well. Life moves on, and Ford unjustly closed one hell of a plant and lost a great workforce.

I agree with you 100% on Mark Fields. I just hope NickF1011 reads your post.

I hate to look at these pics. They remind me of now gone great times that I've had with my former coworkers and friends. There was no reason that we could not have been retooled for the fusion triplets instead of mexico. But life goes on, and unfortunately Atlanta Assembly is gone now. Just a pile of twisted steel that is soon to be recycled. I have not been keeping up with what is going on with the company now, but I hope that no one else has to go through this.

maybe allen jackson will write a song about this, his daddy retired from atlanta assembly plt.

They should have every member of the IUAW standing in front of those pics posing for photo ops. (something to be proud of) - not...

Those pics are amazing. Alan doesn't care tho and Mr. Fields screwed up this company with "way backward".

I know a kid next door to me, he's 18 years old, he draws pictures of cars in his spare time. You should see the cars this kid draws on paper. These cars look nicer then whats out on the market. Maybe Ford should hire this guy.. What a shame.

That is one of the things I have been bitching about Ford for the longest time. They seem beholden to these dinosaurs in the enginering and design department. These old bastards haven't left there office in 30 years and have no idea what people desire nor do they have a clue what is stylish. No wonder the ricers are outselling us. I hate to say this. But, there cars look way better than ours. The first thing a person conciders when they go to buy a car are the looks. I'm sure they have dozens of young kids working for them and won't give them a chance.

why do you say this. i have heard him say that his daddy work for ford at aap. maybe it was before your time there, i don't know.

He did retire from there,I just called my buddy down in Franklin right outside newnan who knows Alan real well.

Well before my time.

My bad I am Jackass.

foot-in-mouth-1199.jpeg

Edited by hendew_15

He did retire from there,I just called my buddy down in Franklin right outside newnan who knows Alan real well.

Well before my time.

My bad I am Jackass.

foot-in-mouth-1199.jpeg

no problem brother,but it would make a good country song. pictures say it all. shouldn't ended that way.god bless all our uaw brothers and sisters in atlanta.

What a waste..... and to think that Ford doubled their capacity in Mexico while this was happening, and the UAW let it without a fight.....

I remember seeing that big Ford logo on the plant on my way to FLA along I-75.

Kind of reminds me of what is happening at Wixom. The plant is still intact, but the idiot city fathers are pushing for $100 million from Washington so the plant can be ripped down to make room for get this- soccer fields, wind turbines, a farmers market, and a shopping center :doh: What a bunch of loosers. Going from thousands of good paying jobs to dozens of minimum wage ones. It is a sad commentary yet indicative of what America has become- going backwards on the ideas of a bunch of idiots.

BTW, you do not hear about Markie Boy too much any more. What's going on- is he spending his winter and doing his job from his yacht in the Caribean?

taurus_assembly.jpg

2703535840099980555S600x600Q85.jpg

2201678980099980555S600x600Q85.jpg

ford_atl6.jpg

ford-plant.jpg

What Happen to local union and iuaw officers did they stay on why we were all layoff,i bet they are all working somewere doing nothing and get paid over 100000 just because ford bought them out for this new agreement that passed ,recently.How come Our iuaw president is not saying anything about those aig bonus that they will receive sunday 03152009 ,when the goverment bail them out .When they bail out big 3 we had give all these concession that we fought for years ,just to get a little money ,not as much as aig got they r getting 450 millions bonus and their company lost tons of money.We need to to fight and get our cola back .We when on strick for that years ago and gone just like that.

Just in case those pics weren't enough to bring you down, here's the video and Richard Breedens song dedicated to everyone at AAP. :( :rip:

great video,we supplied the glass for aap.they didn't tare down our plant but they sold it. i don't even look that way when i drive by the old ngp