saline question

ford5151

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people that have already transfered there what was the first week schedule like? At what point did you hit the floor?

The people that reported on 3/30 had two days of orientation and started training on jobs the 3rd day (Wednesday). Some of the lines are actually working 12 hours. One of the departments (mustang) was scheduled to start an afternoon shift this Monday (4/6/09), but they cancelled it on Friday and told everyone slated for afternoons (in the mustang dept.) to report to days instead, that there will be no afternoon shift. So plan on working Wednesday the week of orientation.

Thanks for the props Pulse I only try to post facts.
Just wondering if you have heard how many people for the week of 4/13,any info would be great.I have May 2000 seniority and I am counting the days until I can finally get back to work.

To all that will be arriving at Saline for orientation it is two days long, I went through it weeks ago, very dry and boaring but being Ford workers you have been through it before. Ask questions of all of the Company and Union Reps. Ask about the job postings in the future and remember the answers and see if it comes true, one question you should ask is for a copy of the ACH agreement Dated February 18, 2009 ask for copies and have the chairman explain it so you fully understand what his inability to represent and negoitate for his membership got us from the International Union. :reading:

Edited by skill1987

The people that reported on 3/30 had two days of orientation and started training on jobs the 3rd day (Wednesday). Some of the lines are actually working 12 hours. One of the departments (mustang) was scheduled to start an afternoon shift this Monday (4/6/09), but they cancelled it on Friday and told everyone slated for afternoons (in the mustang dept.) to report to days instead, that there will be no afternoon shift. So plan on working Wednesday the week of orientation.

My friend transferred up there. He is working on the Escape line, 10 hours a day, 6 days a week.

We had 84 in this weeks group and they said today that they are shooting for another 84 next week. Pete said all Ford people should be in by May 18th depending on how the other plants hold their people back.

They went as deep as 97 for this weeks group and they said 02 was the bottom.

To all that will be arriving at Saline for orientation it is two days long, I went through it weeks ago, very dry and boaring but being Ford workers you have been through it before. Ask questions of all of the Company and Union Reps. Ask about the job postings in the future and remember the answers and see if it comes true, one question you should ask is for a copy of the ACH agreement Dated February 18, 2009 ask for copies and have the chairman explain it so you fully understand what his inability to represent and negoitate for his membership got us from the International Union. :reading:

Skill1987

I see from your postings that you are definitely a Kanitz fan, maybe you should ask him about the c.o.a. agreement he negotiated 6 months prior to the last election and had the company hold off on it untill after the 2006 election then Pete had to implement his agreement. Ask your buddy Tom for a copy of that agreement and see who all signed it and gave up the ship to the company. As for the agreement you are talking about, I called the International Union and asked about it myself when I heard about it. I was told that Pete and his committee did try to negotiate with the company but were not willing to go outside the guidelines of the Local Contract so the International Union took over to help the company through the churning.I asked who actually made this agreement and I was told that it was Frank DiGiorgio and Frank Keatts.

We had 84 in this weeks group and they said today that they are shooting for another 84 next week. Pete said all Ford people should be in by May 18th depending on how the other plants hold their people back.

They went as deep as 97 for this weeks group and they said 02 was the bottom.

Thank you for the info!Hopefully I won't have to use very many more sub weeks before I get there.

Thank you for the info!Hopefully I won't have to use very many more sub weeks before I get there.

My advice to you is to NOT transfer to the Saline plant. You won't like it there. Very few people can adjust to the cleanliness of the place. The work is highly repetitious, using lightweight guns on balancers, with smaller screws and bolts, felt tape and clips. Sometimes you even have to use a little wooden hammer to seat the clips. It's enough to drive you crazy.

The older natives are country folk who live out in the Irish Hills, and they don't take too kindly to strangers. By that I mean that you might not get invited to have a second donut at the monthly union meeting. They're hardcore, man. And the management walks around sometimes and monitors the employees while they work. Sometimes they want to make small talk. Again, if you're not use to this kind of harassment, it can really get to you. Now, the union officers are something else altogether. They show up when called, do their best to represent you, and mainly keep a low profile. Spooky!

And then there's all the new work and machinery coming into the plant, at a seemingly never-ending pace. If you're not careful, you will get run over by an outside contractor hooking things up. Keep your eyes open. I won't even bring up the overtime that you'll be asked to work, or the fact that the plant is up for sale.... Shhh.... they're gonna put the Ford sign back on the front lawn, but don't tell anyone.

And to put a cap on it: Don't even think about buying a house in Saline, because the home values have held their own due to all of the white-collar people working in Ann Arbor and living in Saline. You're going to have to drive more than 10 minutes to work. So, as you can see, you better think twice before you transfer to Saline. I'm just saying.

My advice to you is to NOT transfer to the Saline plant. You won't like it there. Very few people can adjust to the cleanliness of the place. The work is highly repetitious, using lightweight guns on balancers, with smaller screws and bolts, felt tape and clips. Sometimes you even have to use a little wooden hammer to seat the clips. It's enough to drive you crazy.

The older natives are country folk who live out in the Irish Hills, and they don't take too kindly to strangers. By that I mean that you might not get invited to have a second donut at the monthly union meeting. They're hardcore, man. And the management walks around sometimes and monitors the employees while they work. Sometimes they want to make small talk. Again, if you're not use to this kind of harassment, it can really get to you. Now, the union officers are something else altogether. They show up when called, do their best to represent you, and mainly keep a low profile. Spooky!

And then there's all the new work and machinery coming into the plant, at a seemingly never-ending pace. If you're not careful, you will get run over by an outside contractor hooking things up. Keep your eyes open. I won't even bring up the overtime that you'll be asked to work, or the fact that the plant is up for sale.... Shhh.... they're gonna put the Ford sign back on the front lawn, but don't tell anyone.

And to put a cap on it: Don't even think about buying a house in Saline, because the home values have held their own due to all of the white-collar people working in Ann Arbor and living in Saline. You're going to have to drive more than 10 minutes to work. So, as you can see, you better think twice before you transfer to Saline. I'm just saying.

HEY...............

PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN......SLOWLY......

:finger: :finger: :finger:

There is a guy who stated that he has never worked so hard in his 20 year career at Ford since he came to Saline!!!

There is a guy who stated that he has never worked so hard in his 20 year career at Ford since he came to Saline!!!

He must be doing something wrong, because all of the U.S. autoworkers that I know, just sit around and play cards all day with the TV on in the backround. What do you expect for $75.00 an hour all in?

you forgot LMAO I am!!!!!!!!! I'll see you guys soon. Hopefully in two to three weeks. I have 11-29-99. We'll see what happens with all the small screws felt wooden hammers and OT I'm an ot whore

SOUNDS HORRIBLE!!! But beggers can't be choosers,so I guess I'm screwed.LOL

Saline is nice.. no going home hurt, no going home tired, no going home at 3:30am, Overtime available, parking is nice, supervision don't bother you, wow what a difference compared to Dearborn.. I love it.

Good...don't ccome back, and if you are who I think you are, if drilling a overshadowed hole is too hard for you, you need to stay at Saline.

As far as any plant you go to people don't care for people coming in from the outside. If you are a good worker most of the time they will warm up to you. Its not the Saline Plant. Its any you would work at. Sounds like your a little bitter you left Saline?

As far as any plant you go to people don't care for people coming in from the outside. If you are a good worker most of the time they will warm up to you. Its not the Saline Plant. Its any you would work at. Sounds like your a little bitter you left Saline?

That was sarcasm, my good man. I can't imagine a better landing spot than the

Saline Ford / Visteon / ACH / Valeo / ACH / Visteon / Ford Plant.

I'm serious. Maybe the Pilot Plant or Brownstown Parts.

But bitter? No. Thirty years on the chain gang was enough for me.

On my last day, the Grand Maharishi revealed to me this bit of wisdom:

"Oh no, there will be no more money - but on your deathbed, you will have total consciousness."

So, I've got that going for me - which is nice.

Good Luck with that wooden hammer, Jerky.

Just kiddin'. Ha-Ha! :shades:

Peace.