WAP

thezip

Wow so much for solidarity...... Was it not Bill Johnson who said, no more MTP, ISA & WAP people. We're all in this together & just like you all, the MTP folks are just trying to support their families. The 6-10-15 was agreed upon by the whole local & I do believe that back in the day it would have possibly been of benefit to those at WAP & ISA when MTP was "the hot shot", well now it's turned around the other way & instead of remembering the past, this devisive shit starts up. This us against them shit really needs to stop, because guess what, November 2010 you're all gonna be MAP not WAP not ISA nor MTP. My old man has got just under 15 years & when the shift cut comes to ISA, we'll probably be screwed for the time being. It sucks but those are the breaks.

I may just be a wife but when I was born my Daddy brought me into the UAW family @ local 900. I love this local & as far as I'm concerned you're all my family. I'll back you all I can because that's what solidarity is about. Now stop the infighting & start acting like union bothers & sisters. You're stronger together than apart.

Edited by MTPwife

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 6-10-15 was agreed upon by the whole local & I do believe that back in the day it would have possibly been of benefit to those at WAP & ISA when MTP was "the hot shot", well now it's turned around the other way & instead of remembering the past

that rule has been around along time before isa, and yes you are right about it being good for all but wap never needed it. the union is here to support and save as many jobs as possible, i dont agree with alot of there tactics but holding off on anymore layoffs is good for everybody.

Didnt know there was something wrong with trying to keep as many working as possible, you MTP'ers should be lucky they even have the bullshit 6,10,15 rule. your asses would of been in the street, wayne has sucked up your people forever!!! i hope that rule goes out with the rest of truck plant crap.....

Get a grip man!!

Go back and read my post again and tell me where I said there was something wrong.

I only explained why in my opinion they are holding on to people longer than the rumor said they would.

I have no problem with 6-10-15 or not which ever way it goes... fine with me.

Why would MTP people be lucky that they have the 6-10-15 rule?

It hasn't been used..

Oh, by the way I'm ISA...........

SOLIDARITY BROTHER

Waynegirl the worst case scenario would be for people like you useing up all your SUB and then all your TAP, after that you would be able to excercise your Zone 1 bump rights.

All is not lost just hang in there and hopefully you and many like you, with lower seniority people working while you all are out will come back before you have to exercise that option..... but it is there if needed.

Hang in there, things will get better, and hopefully sooner than later.

Didnt know there was something wrong with trying to keep as many working as possible, you MTP'ers should be lucky they even have the bullshit 6,10,15 rule. your asses would of been in the street, wayne has sucked up your people forever!!! i hope that rule goes out with the rest of truck plant crap.....

Fact, not one person from MTP came over using the 6-10-15, not one. It was Bill Johnson that did not want to use it because it would have displaced many of the WAP people from the start. Greg Poet told MTP people that we would use the 6-10-15 but later said he and Bill Johnson made an agreement and it was never used. MTP people would have never of been on the streets because you had many temps and were adding a 3rd shift in ISA, so you were getting MTP people or GEN bank people anyways.

Wow so much for solidarity...... Was it not Bill Johnson who said, no more MTP, ISA & WAP people. We're all in this together & just like you all, the MTP folks are just trying to support their families. The 6-10-15 was agreed upon by the whole local & I do believe that back in the day it would have possibly been of benefit to those at WAP & ISA when MTP was "the hot shot", well now it's turned around the other way & instead of remembering the past, this devisive shit starts up. This us against them shit really needs to stop, because guess what, November 2010 you're all gonna be MAP not WAP not ISA nor MTP. My old man has got just under 15 years & when the shift cut comes to ISA, we'll probably be screwed for the time being. It sucks but those are the breaks.

I may just be a wife but when I was born my Daddy brought me into the UAW family @ local 900. I love this local & as far as I'm concerned you're all my family. I'll back you all I can because that's what solidarity is about. Now stop the infighting & start acting like union bothers & sisters. You're stronger together than apart.

I am with ya all the way girl...Seems like when times are tough it is all for the themselves and not all for one...Kinda sad...But I'll stick with ya...Union all the way..

I am with ya all the way girl...Seems like when times are tough it is all for the themselves and not all for one...Kinda sad...But I'll stick with ya...Union all the way..

What about all the talk about "We are going to take over Wayne Assy". and "We are going to make Wayne Assy just like Michigan Truck". While "brothers and sisters are losing there jobs and MTP people are picking their bones. Give everyone respect and MTP people don't gloat over WAP people losing their jobs and don't stand around and talkg and brag about how you are going to take their jobs as it stands now dayshift is MTP and nights are Wayne Assy.Soon Wayne Assy will be all Michigan Truck.

What about all the talk about "We are going to take over Wayne Assy". and "We are going to make Wayne Assy just like Michigan Truck". While "brothers and sisters are losing there jobs and MTP people are picking their bones. Give everyone respect and MTP people don't gloat over WAP people losing their jobs and don't stand around and talkg and brag about how you are going to take their jobs as it stands now dayshift is MTP and nights are Wayne Assy.Soon Wayne Assy will be all Michigan Truck.

Emigh, I'm sure there have been assholes talking a whole lot of smack from all of local 900. Not one side is innocent of that, I can only speak for those I know & none I know are bragging or talking shit like that. I'd smack them upside their head if they did but my hubby is no longer MTP he's ISA now. This stuff should have been let go once folks became a part of ISA or WAP but obviously there are still people on both sides who want to drag all of the local down because they have an ax to grind. What's going on at local 900 is some nerve wracking games & with all that's going on with the rest of the company do we really need the devisive shit at the local as well? Seniority will rule in the end , I"m not sure my hubby will make the cut. I'm scared witless to be honest.

Please don't lump all MTP folks with a few bad apples & we'll do the same with the few bad apples at WAP. MAP is going to be a blissful place for all of you if you guys don't come together. lol

Breaking out the short skirt & the pom poms so I can be the local 900 cheerleader if that don't work, I'm gonna start smacking the lot of ya. :hysterical::hysterical:

Please guys, rise above the petty shit. You're all in this together.

Edited by MTPwife

Emigh, I'm sure there have been assholes talking a whole lot of smack from all of local 900. Not one side is innocent of that, I can only speak for those I know & none I know are bragging or talking shit like that. I'd smack them upside their head if they did but my hubby is no longer MTP he's ISA now. This stuff should have been let go once folks became a part of ISA or WAP but obviously there are still people on both sides who want to drag all of the local down because they have an ax to grind. What's going on at local 900 is some nerve wracking games & with all that's going on with the rest of the company do we really need the devisive shit at the local as well? Seniority will rule in the end , I"m not sure my hubby will make the cut. I'm scared witless to be honest.

Please don't lump all MTP folks with a few bad apples & we'll do the same with the few bad apples at WAP. MAP is going to be a blissful place for all of you if you guys don't come together. lol

Breaking out the short skirt & the pom poms so I can be the local 900 cheerleader if that don't work, I'm gonna start smacking the lot of ya. :hysterical::hysterical:

Please guys, rise above the petty shit. You're all in this together.

Poet and Johnson could help end alot of BS if they choose too...Instead they help it along

:woot: solidarity forever

You better hope they dont get rid of it big dummy if they do they will just eliminate from the bottom and get rid of more wap employees the 99 sen at wap wont have a chance . Thats the way it should be anyways .Thats how the national contract is now 6.10.15 rule is the only thing thats going to give the low sen a chance.

I have to say myself quit with all the WAP vs MTP crap!!!!!!. The last time I checked we all have to pay bills, eat and basically be able to survive!!!

Quote from the Great Rodney King (although he drove a Hynudai) " Can't we all just get along" :hyper: DAMN!!!!

Edited by WayneGirl1970

I thought you came from MTP. No one wants people to lose their jobs, but seniority has to rule.

One other question to you, what are you doing to eliminate the 6,10,15 rule if you don't like it?

Have you talked to your reps, started informing others how terrible it is, went to complain at the union meeting or ??????

This rule was put in place to protect seniority people in the local and if you think that is wrong then you ain't much of a UNION person..

Quit bitchin and learn what unionism really is..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_union

A trade union or labor union is an organization of workers who have banded together to achieve common goals in key areas and working conditions.

(emphasis added by me)

Quit driving wedges and start working with others!!

SOLIDARITY BROTHER..

I thought you came from MTP. No one wants people to lose their jobs, but seniority has to rule.

Yes, I did come from MTP. But the last couple of groups that came over had an attitude that was not cohesive to solidarity.Some were just happy to have jobs, but many fought over the open jobs and gloated about putting the lower seniority out. With things the way they are right now at WAP, it was not kind. I agree seniority should rule. But just show a little compassion. Personally, I did end up on nights, but then I knew that was coming and I accepted it. Enough said.

Yes, I did come from MTP. But the last couple of groups that came over had an attitude that was not cohesive to solidarity.Some were just happy to have jobs, but many fought over the open jobs and gloated about putting the lower seniority out. With things the way they are right now at WAP, it was not kind. I agree seniority should rule. But just show a little compassion. Personally, I did end up on nights, but then I knew that was coming and I accepted it. Enough said.

You have to understand that rumors were that MTP people were not welcome at WAP and they were fighting to keep the last few groups out. I know a lot of the people that came over in the last few groups and they did have a chip thinking they were not wanted. Now most are happy to be here and get along fine with everybody. Also, WAP people weren't exactly friendly to the last few groups of people. The second to last group said they heard f you truckers a few times during their tour and many were mad that they were getting bumped. It's never easy going to a new plant or getting bumped to another shift.

dont know..

will we have to wait till we use up all our Sub/tap before that opportunity opens up?

I dont know.Now that we are on ilo i think they can offer it to us at any point.I will tell you the truth though,I will be happy to have the summer off! LOL!I heard that up to 50 may get called back to WAP and that there will not be a line speed reduction.

I also received my ILO notice todaay which I was expecting since the buyout window closed today... But while on Freep.com they have a article that states "Ford Extends Buyout Window until June 26". When I was first laid off in March it was coded ILO then later that afternoon they called and changed to TLO. Jose (committee person) informed me "due to the fact there is a buyout package open the company cannot place you on ILO until they know the exact amount of folks that will be signing up for it. All that being said can anybody tell me wouldnt that still be the case since they extended the offer?? Called Jose he is still checking on information. So if you can give me any insight it would be nice.

One more piece of info he told me they worked out a deal that would cease any additional layoffs (which is a good thing for those we are working :happy feet: ) lets pray that blessing comes our way!!

it will be up to aa to decide when and if they need more bodies. how many got cut, and what seniority did it hit?

2000 thru 2002 but not sure if it got all of 2000 at least at wap isa i assume is about the same.I would guess about 125 or so.How many are on ilo from all the other surrounding plants.Arent there people on ilo in ohio area?If so would they be offered the open positions in aai or only those of us in zone?

2000 thru 2002 but not sure if it got all of 2000 at least at wap isa i assume is about the same.I would guess about 125 or so.How many are on ilo from all the other surrounding plants.Arent there people on ilo in ohio area?If so would they be offered the open positions in aai or only those of us in zone?

Im a 99er from ISA almost everyone that was laid off in the last few weeks have been 99's..

we lost 18 a month + ago and then the last number of weeks totaled 56 as far as I know.

Edited by oogravyoo

Im a 99er from ISA almost everyone that was laid off in the last few weeks have been 99's..

we lost 18 a month + ago and then the last number of weeks totaled 56 as far as I know.

So that is 56 just from ISA? Because,i think there were about 100 laid off from WAP.