Michelle Obama hugs the queen

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is with you people? The Queen was happy, the British people were happy. Apparently, Liz was quite taken by Mrs. O., as were the rest of the people she was meeting.

Too bad you guys didn't get to watch the Queen contend with Sarah Palin. :hysterical:

I can't find the actual footage of who touched first. All I hear is "The queen was not offended." What did you expect the queen to do, complain? I saw her stiffly put her arm down in a rear shot, but Obama's arm remained. The queen's body language, even from behind, spoke volumes.

I found the video on the internet, but it ends before actual contact is made. I think they are trying to sweep this under the rug. I will check Youtube.

Pathetic. The Queen is happy, the British people are happy, but you just gotta keep looking for poison. What a sad state of mind. :hysterical:

The Obamas need some training in protocol. They are the representatives of the country. How they act reflects on every American. They are fortifying the stereotype that "colonials" are backwards. The Queen takes her responsibilities seriously. She knows that what she does in her official capacity reflects on the whole Commonwealth.

Ah yes. I'm sure this is being discussed around the dinner table all throughout Europe, Asia, and South America.

I would imagine they might be talking about the White House Press Briefing that turned out to be phone sex.

That's worth a new thread......

Edited by RangerM

Who the hell cares about the queen of England? She's nothing but a figurehead. The whole so called "royal family" are basically the largest welfare recipients on the entire planet.

LOL!!

Why would anybody be offended by a hug? I'm not an Obama fan, but seriously, it's not like she humped her leg.

That would be funny, though!

Edited by chiefstang

You didn't seem to mind for the last 8 years.

Yeah, the last 8 years made it embarrassing enough for me to admit that my beliefs lean to right of center. Now these attempts by the far right to "even the playing field" by making the Obama administration look inept make my position as a right-leaner even more difficult to defend.