2010/2011 Ford Focus

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The assumption inherent in this is that Ford should have globally designed vehicles.

No other car manufacturer does that with any success in the mainstream US market.

Please allow me to repeat myself for emphasis

No other car manufacturer does that with any success in the mainstream US market.

The NA market is large enough to profitably cover the costs of significant differences in sheetmetal--not different headlight clusters and grille inserts, and therefore should GET different sheetmetal.

Yes, the Focus & Fiesta should be dang near identical in Europe and the US; however as the price moves up from there, the differences should be justifiably more pronounced.

Companies that succeed DO differentiate their products between the US & ROW (Honda, Toyota). Companies that FAIL do not (VW: which has, if my memory and math are correct, has lost more money per car in the US than Ford, over the last five or six years.)

So Horbury would be caught up in the fights between Mark Fields and J. May over international vs. American styling.

Yes the Taurus and the F-150 must appeal to the US market first. They also have to appeal for posible exports to the Middle-East and anywhere else that they may be exported to around the world. I sounds like a hard job for anyone heading the North American design job.

I can already imagine the exchange:

RJ: "Sir, there's this guy that's really annoying to "all of us". We need to get rid of him, RIGHT NICK?"

Nick: "(awkward moment) Do I really need to have an stance on this?"

RJ: "Yes, you DO support me, right?"

Nick: "It's really not about that...."

RJ: "Nick, if you're not with me, then you're against me."

Nick: "(WTF?) Uh yeah, whatever dude."

RJ: "Sir, see, the concensus is there! Just give me your blessing to go ahead, you gotta TRUST ME on this! He's bad for BON! *Insert heavily one sided story here*"

Robert or someone else: "Ok, do what you feel is right and stop bugging me. If he has commited these grave, unique sins that none of your friends do, then go ahead and cast the stone. Please give me his username..."

RJ to board: "The mods were all in agreement folks! Told you so! Huzzah!" </thread> :rolleyes:

Trust me, life goes on and I really don't care.

If this thing was really about winning or losing, then I've already won no matter what he does.

He'll be reminded of that over and over again until the "One Ford" lifecycle is complete, so yeah, some "victory" he'll be having.

This was your opportunity to keep your mouth shut and let someone else take the blame. You failed to take it.

RJ does not want to kick you out because he has too much fun insulting you.

If you want nick to support you, the last thing you should do is put words in his mouth.

This was your opportunity to keep your mouth shut and let someone else take the blame. You failed to take it.

If you want nick to support you, the last thing you should do is put words in his mouth.

I remember Pscario as a GM fan boy, and I understand that he has been too depressed to post on here much anymore. GM is not much of a competitior anymore and will have hard time funding future vehicle development and paying back Washigton $30 billion or so even when the ecomomy becomes fairly normal again if it ever does become normal. Not sure why he is back and is starting up again. GM will be lucky to avoid bankruptcy in June and more and more prospective customers are not even looking at GM products as that word is always present. I sure hope GM makes it and it will be very depressing if it doesn't, but GM fanboys coming on here and starting up again with their BS is utterly ridiculous in the extreme. I pray for all those who work directly and indirectly for GM and their loyal customers and sure as hell hope they survive and prosper.

:idea: I wonder if Ford was finally grab life by the balls and release a true rallysport Focus with AWD :shift:

I wouldn't hold your breath for it here. Would it be nice? Definitely. Is it really necessary and would it help Ford's bottom line a whole lot? Unlikely. Never know though. Ford has been full of performance surprises lately. SHO and Raptor anyone?

I wouldn't hold your breath for it here. Would it be nice? Definitely. Is it really necessary and would it help Ford's bottom line a whole lot? Unlikely. Never know though. Ford has been full of performance surprises lately. SHO and Raptor anyone?
Speaking of which, the Focus is due for an SVT makeover :yup:

A good Halo car could due wonders for the Focus' image...

Speaking of which, the Focus is due for an SVT makeover :yup:

A good Halo car could due wonders for the Focus' image...

I'm not really sure what good a performance version of the Focus would do for image though. Do you really think the average person looking for a first car for their kid or an efficient runabout is going to care if there is a 250+ HP version?

A little slow are we? I couldn't care less about being banned, I'm even dissapointed about the lack of veredict right now.

Nick is free to answer whatever he wants to the higher ups. Let me be perfectly clear about this: I don't feel scared or threatened at all, I've been LAUGHING at RJ ever since he lost it over this, it's always the same thing and shows how just fragile his little word is. The perfect example of someone who likes to dish it out (mhlm, diesels, Lutz, etc.), but can't take anything himself.

HE does want to kick me out, and has for a while, because he realizes that's the only recourse he has to somehow "get back at me" and feel better about his miserable life. Can't do shit about "One Ford", can't also do shit to fix his life. All he has is his this place. His self-steem is based around this place, around being a mod in a little internet forum, which he uses like a child as his personal sandbox and buddy-buddy chatroom. He's a 30+ year old balding virgin who gets zero action outside, as explained by his daily 24/7 presence, who got owned by those he hates most, by life, and by the own company he claims to love, but hasn't supported in over 10 years.

- He was owned by Mulally.

- He was owned by Fields.

- He was owned by Kuzak.

- He was owned by Mays.

No one in FNA is siding with his vision of what Ford should be. The future is kinetic, the future will be based on FOE-inspired looks for the next 10 years. He was wrong about everything he minimized others for. There's no 11.5k Fiesta coming, nor was Horbury replaced with another Horbury... duh. So yeah, can see where his rage is coming from. I guess I would also attempt to cover the sun with a finger.

From now on, no matter what he attempts to do, if he succeeds or not against me, I already won. I'm not P71. I don't own a Panther. The Mondeo will live. CD3 will die. Red white and bold is dead. Next? Maybe I will buy the FOE-inspired kinetic Taurus, or the FOE-inspired kinetic Fusion, maybe the FOE-inspired kinetic Kuga or Fiesta. Haven't made up my mind. We're easily talking about a 10 year lifecycle for "One Ford" when everything is said and done, which I'll enjoy --tremendously-- outside, as a the true Ford fan that I am.

Long after I'm gone, voluntarily "or not", I'll finally be enjoying the Ford I enviosioned long ago. Others? Well... they'll continue to lie to themselves about having "fixed" reality with my departure, just like they're doing with P71's, while elsewhere --and almost daily now-- someone is continuing his usual meltdowns every time something related to One Ford is discussed.

So, everyone who doesn't like it, talk or do whatever you want, I'm already putting this as my sig. Just be fully aware I'll enjoy the ride, and it will last far more than the time it takes to write a post, or pushing a red button. :)

BTW, FordBuyer, no. I'm not a GM fanboy. I registered ~7 years ago because I'm a Ford fan, stockholder, and proud owner of 2 Fords (04, 06 MY). Due to my direct input, Ford has sold over 20 vehicles over the last 5 years among my family. Ford has seen more money out of me than they've got from RJ in over a decade (but he likes to think of himself as Ford's biggest supporter here... LMAO). I've a vested interest in Ford which explains my constant frustration, pre-Mulally's and Fields Ford, about implementing the necessary actions that several people --obviously including myself-- demanded for years, and finally got, and will be getting, in a big way. I'm just not a fanboy who bashes everything not done by "my team", and yes no matter how many times you guys want to ignore it, I've praised the F150, Mustang and even the interior of the Flex several times. Now I do praise the kinetic Taurus. Notice how you don't have to "convince" anyone to like something that shows a lot of effort was put behind it, and notice how the difference is usually night and day... a little strange when someone kept insisting things "were good enough" before the official BON grouches took over.

- He was owned by Mulally.

- He was owned by Fields.

- He was owned by Kuzak.

- He was owned by Mays.

FWIW, folks, read http://www.blueovalblogs.com/blogs to see how I really feel about these people and what they've done for Ford. You'll notice that, over the past three years, my opinions haven't changed much at all. You'll find optimism regarding the process of continual improvement that actually predates the hire of Mulally and the reassignment of Fields to the Americas and Kuzak to global PD.

And, of course, my apologies, Nick, for the OT post. For those keeping track of goings on, we're just waiting to hear back from the third moderator. The vote will either be 2-1 against pcsario or 3-0. And, in case there was any doubt, the conversation was not even remotely close to what pcsario predicted.

Edited by RichardJensen

FWIW, folks, read http://www.blueovalblogs.com/blogs to see how I really feel about these people and what they've done for Ford. You'll notice that, over the past three years, my opinions haven't changed much at all. You'll find optimism regarding the process of continual improvement that actually predates the hire of Mulally and the reassignment of Fields to the Americas and Kuzak to global PD.

And, of course, my apologies, Nick, for the OT post. For those keeping track of goings on, we're just waiting to hear back from the third moderator. The vote will either be 2-1 against pcsario or 3-0. And, in case there was any doubt, the conversation was not even remotely close to what pcsario predicted.

If I was a mod it would be 4-0. But then again, if I was a mod this site would probably get subpoena'd :lol:

This board is almost unreadable at this point, anyway. You may lose on every substantive automotive industry opinion, from the possibility of bringing the Transit Connect, Fiesta, common sheet metal on two continents (E&A), the GM bankruptcy (STILL inevitable), but yes, you do hold sway with the other two board moderators, and run your own little "Dense thoughts with Dick" monologues.

Have a blast.

This board is almost unreadable at this point, anyway. You may lose on every substantive automotive industry opinion, from the possibility of bringing the Transit Connect, Fiesta, common sheet metal on two continents (E&A), the GM bankruptcy (STILL inevitable), but yes, you do hold sway with the other two board moderators, and run your own little "Dense thoughts with Dick" monologues.

Have a blast.

Coming from a guy like you,, that has to be a compliment.