How stupid is the UAW going to look

condor

The UAW didn't have to back anyone. They threw everything behind this fool and now they are about to get fucked by the guy. The biggest losers in this will be the rank and file, the people he said he was for. Don't give me this throwing money away. Compared to the banks the auto companies have gotten a pittance. When a judge is involved and guys are making 5 dollars less an hour see what kind of a housing crisis we have, all on the back of the "annointed" one. Don't you remember him saying GM "was too big to fail?" Well I guess its not and he's about to throw a shitload of people under the bus. Fucking piece of shit took our money and support and now he's shoving it up our ass.

Absolutely, the UAW just made the biggest mistake in it's history by backing the "annointed" one, I agree with that one, make no mistake. So have a lot of other labor unions and organizations as well. The UAW would have been in a far better position than they are now if they did not endorse ANY of the candidates in my opinion. It just won't be a big shitload of us that are going to get thrown under the bus and then crushed under the roller either. There will be millions of our fellow citizens that will be as well. Civil unrest and such is just around the corner, ready to spring like a hungry tiger on the prowl. The 'annointed' one will get tested then, make no mistake. Not by Al Qaeda or any other terrorists on the other side of the world, he'll get tested right here. Right in the good ole USA.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is iron in the words I speak. Im giving a scenerio here. If your that scared than you need to be in church. Its all reality from this point on. There is no fear mongering going on here. Get your house in order because if its not by now than you probably have a reason to be scared.
Thanks for the concern, but I'm not scared, and my house is in order. GM and Chrysler are facing bk at this point, not Ford. A judge can throw out their contracts--but not ours. And Ford could (and probably would) ask for the same, but we would get to vote on that. All you are doing is speculating on how things will be--- just like everyone else.

Absolutely, the UAW just made the biggest mistake in it's history by backing the "annointed" one, I agree with that one, make no mistake. So have a lot of other labor unions and organizations as well. The UAW would have been in a far better position than they are now if they did not endorse ANY of the candidates in my opinion. It just won't be a big shitload of us that are going to get thrown under the bus and then crushed under the roller either. There will be millions of our fellow citizens that will be as well. Civil unrest and such is just around the corner, ready to spring like a hungry tiger on the prowl. The 'annointed' one will get tested then, make no mistake. Not by Al Qaeda or any other terrorists on the other side of the world, he'll get tested right here. Right in the good ole USA.

Too bad you feel that way. It doesn't matter who you voted for. You act like one man is going to save these companies from going under after they made years of bad decision making. This isn't any one fault but these companies. You can endorse and vote for who you want it doesn't matter these companies will still be in the same shape regardless of who won. I guess you would like your President to keep throwing money at these failing companies, yes you would just love that. Time to realize that times have changed and the union or the BIG THREE doesn't carry the same clot as it onced did. So don't depend on no one to save your BUTT, my suggestion to you is save your own. Start a business or go to school or something. And If you have to blame someone start with the heads of these companies for years of bad investing and decision that just happened to catch up with them.

P.S. You got one thing right we don't have to worry about the terrorist overseas because we have a lot of those cowards already over here. Any one who wants to creat havoc on their own for whatever reason is just that, A COWARD. And I also considered myself annointed so when these so called Hungry Tigers decide to pounce I will be gladly waiting for them.

Thanks for the concern, but I'm not scared, and my house is in order. GM and Chrysler are facing bk at this point, not Ford. A judge can throw out their contracts--but not ours. And Ford could (and probably would) ask for the same, but we would get to vote on that. All you are doing is speculating on how things will be--- just like everyone else.

should i start now ? VOTE YES !!!!!

lol

(sarcastic)

They will emerge from bankruptcy and become profitable again. Although they will now be the same company. Much smaller and leaner. And yes Ford will gain market share and will become very profitable while paying its employees less. So make no mistake Ford want and will get the same concessions. This writing has been on the wall for a long time. And now they have the perfect opportunity to go for the UAW throats and the union doesn't have a leg to stand on. Because you cannot call a strike in a time like this.

Not necessarily true. Chrysler's concessions during the 80's were much worse and lasted longer than GM and Ford and they didn't run away with sales because their labor costs were less. There are other ways to offset labor differences.

The UAW didn't have to back anyone. They threw everything behind this fool and now they are about to get fucked by the guy. The biggest losers in this will be the rank and file, the people he said he was for. Don't give me this throwing money away. Compared to the banks the auto companies have gotten a pittance. When a judge is involved and guys are making 5 dollars less an hour see what kind of a housing crisis we have, all on the back of the "annointed" one. Don't you remember him saying GM "was too big to fail?" Well I guess its not and he's about to throw a shitload of people under the bus. Fucking piece of shit took our money and support and now he's shoving it up our ass.

WOW! Such anger and rage. I wonder where was all this anger and rage a few short years ago when then President G.W. flatout lied and said to each and every American, "IRAQ HAS WMD's. Or when your boy (the war hero) Johhn Mac said, "It will be very short, we will be in an out." And as you can see were still over there. Countless of American lives have been lost. And not to mention the $10BILLION a month we are spending in Iraq, which assisted in putting our economy in a recession or depression which ever title you want to use. WHERE WERE ALL THE TEABAGGER PARTIES? AND THE OUTRAGE OVER SPENDING AND THE CONCERN THAT OUR CHILDREN AND GRAND CHILDREN WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS DEBT? WHERE WAS THE IMPEACHMENT PARTY AT? WHERE WAS ALL THE PERSONAL NAME CALLING AT THEN? NOW YOU HAVE A PRESIDENT WHO HAVEN'T BEEN IN OFFICE THREE MONTHS AND HE DESERVES ALL THIS. IM NOT EVEN SURE I WANT TO HEAR THE ANSWER TO THESE QUESTIONS.

Hey assclown....no he is not...just wait and see. If it does go to bankruptcy it will be a structured bankruptcy and those that didn't come to the table will be fked.....cough.....cough.....bondholders....cough.....cough!! :shades: less than $.30 on the dollar!! How does that grab them!! Wait and see.....but you won't!! It will be settled as soon as these fks come to the table!!

Hey assclown....no he is not...just wait and see. If it does go to bankruptcy it will be a structured bankruptcy and those that didn't come to the table will be fked.....cough.....cough.....bondholders....cough.....cough!! :shades: less than $.30 on the dollar!! How does that grab them!! Wait and see.....but you won't!! It will be settled as soon as these fks come to the table!!
I have some news for you - a structured bankruptcy only works when those bondholders agree, ahead of the bankruptcy filing, to the terms of a structured Chapter 11 filing. Some of the bondholders have already grouped together, retained legal council, and are planing to file suit challenging he terms of any structured bankruptcy agreement, especially the "Good GM"/"Bad GM" split scenario that's been proposed by the administration. Right there, a "structured" or "prepaid" bankruptcy fails, and becomes a regular Chapter 11 bankruptcy, with all the usual bullshit arguments, legal maneuvers, and countless bankruptcy hearings. All of it taking a lot longer than a few weeks to a few months. More like a few years, and GM tanking completely long before then.

Wait a minute, didn't the government make a BIG deal out of us not being on par with the foreign companies wages and benefits? That's why we had to take concessions in the modification of the contract, right? Well that should work both ways, shouldn't it? If GM gets major wage concessions from the UAW in a bankruptcy, then the transplants will have to lower their wages and benefits so we're all competitive like they wanted us to do, right? WRONG. It's only when WE'RE ahead that they pull that shit. The transplants wages won't be touched if we're all making $14 an hour, you can bet on that.

I have to beg to differ here. If and its a big if, we take more consessions below what the transplants make, they will follow suit very quickly. Their workers have absolutley no protection from a Union. Read up on it, they have started to screw over their own people back in Japan. You really think they would hesitate to do the same to the workers over here?

They will emerge from bankruptcy and become profitable again. Although they will now be the same company. Much smaller and leaner. And yes Ford will gain market share and will become very profitable while paying its employees less. So make no mistake Ford want and will get the same concessions. This writing has been on the wall for a long time. And now they have the perfect opportunity to go for the UAW throats and the union doesn't have a leg to stand on. Because you cannot call a strike in a time like this.

Theres no guarantee GM comes out of bankruptcy.. The public will frown on them and buy Fords.

The public will see all of the GM mess they the tax payers will have to cover. GM will be about the size of Chrysler when they come out of bankruptcy and Ford will be the size of wjat GM was 3 years ago.

I have some news for you - a structured bankruptcy only works when those bondholders agree, ahead of the bankruptcy filing, to the terms of a structured Chapter 11 filing. Some of the bondholders have already grouped together, retained legal council, and are planing to file suit challenging he terms of any structured bankruptcy agreement, especially the "Good GM"/"Bad GM" split scenario that's been proposed by the administration. Right there, a "structured" or "prepaid" bankruptcy fails, and becomes a regular Chapter 11 bankruptcy, with all the usual bullshit arguments, legal maneuvers, and countless bankruptcy hearings. All of it taking a lot longer than a few weeks to a few months. More like a few years, and GM tanking completely long before then.

agreed bond holders are not going to get walked all over on.. u can bet on that..GM might not make it out... noone can guarantee they will come out. NO ONE

I have to beg to differ here. If and its a big if, we take more consessions below what the transplants make, they will follow suit very quickly. Their workers have absolutley no protection from a Union. Read up on it, they have started to screw over their own people back in Japan. You really think they would hesitate to do the same to the workers over here?

I guess the transplants don't really have anyone to ask if it's okay to lower wages. You might be right.

If at any time we are making less than what the transplants make, what is the point of having a union. Paying dues for nothing.

Obama is doing the best he can. GM has cost that are unsustainable. Sorry its the truth.

If McCain had won GM would be out of business by summer as McCain would not have given GM any $$ to come out of bankruptcy and Obama will. Theres a big difference there. And Obama wants to save the retiree insurance plan and McCain does not.

Whatever happens happens we cant control it now its out of our hands.

I love the obama cool aid :hysterical: You herd followers kill me! If this was a repub. you would be screaming like a kid at the dentist! They ALL screw you worker you just cant admit it. your obama panties are showing :hysterical:

I love the obama cool aid :hysterical: You herd followers kill me! If this was a repub. you would be screaming like a kid at the dentist! They ALL screw you worker you just cant admit it. your obama panties are showing :hysterical:

I voted for Bush and Obama. U need to get your facs together before u post your BS.

GM and Chrysler are in financial disaster. It was Bush and his policies the last 8 years.Obama has nothing to do with there demise. Bush's oil friends helped bankrupt them by raising gas prices to $4.29 a gallon, thats when the sales fell off and that lead to our BUSH depression also.

:hysterical:

I voted for Bush and Obama. U need to get your facs together before u post your BS.

GM and Chrysler are in financial disaster. It was Bush and his policies the last 8 years.Obama has nothing to do with there demise. Bush's oil friends helped bankrupt them by raising gas prices to $4.29 a gallon, thats when the sales fell off and that lead to our BUSH depression also.

:hysterical: after your other post on here i think we know that your problems with bush go deeper than his policies? :shades: discussion is useful and this is the place for ALL opinions. bush made HUGE mistakes and we who lean , yes lean , right were fed up with him and his spending. Hence Pres. Obama will get the same cry from us, or at least me, . check my posts ford, i just gave the Pres. credit for the banks starting to loosen up. I HOPE this dude succeeds but not this way. spending is not the answer. But hey , im just one of those WHITE boys you spoke of on another post. Your better than that man , come on get over it! By the way , i will post whatever BS i like , whenever i like dude. Settle down :reading:

Captain you're a fucking idiot. Do you really think a stuctured bankruptsy will maintain the current pay and benefit levels for the rank and file? Do you think the gov't is going to bone the bond holders and leave the UAW alone? I may be an assclown but you are a fucking idiot. I hope you are right and this is settled before Chap 11 but if it goes into bankruptsy the Messiah wll have majorly fucked over the people that have helped him get in there.

At the end of the day..everyone loses. Current employee's have to give something up to support the retiree's..and vice versa. Bondholders will lose something etc. etc.

But it's like poker..you only show your cards at the last hand. There is 0 incentive for this to be done outside of bankruptcy. Just the opposite in fact, we have CH11 for this exact situation

If Obama lets GM and Chrysler go into bankruptsy after the UAW backed the shit out of him in the election? I'm hoping the 06/01 deadline is a scare tactic. All those people that supported him are going to look like idiots if he throws them under the bus.

The UAW is already looking stupid. Wait and see when the card check doesnt pass.

The UAW is already looking stupid. Wait and see when the card check doesnt pass.

Honestly what would you want the Pres. to do? Could you answer that. What do you mean if Obama let them go into bankruptcy. Would you suggest he keep pumping money into these companies even though they are not making any turn around progress? You guys really have no idea how a business work. GM need to get their mess together thats the only way they are going to stay out of bankruptcy. What is a shame is that they have to be forced to get their business straight. As far as card check if it doesn't pass you can thank your right wing (lower tax for the rich raise them for the middle class) hate for the working class for that.

Seriously, could you enlighten us on how you would have dealt with the situation? All things considered-trade laws ,the economy and Bush admin. What would you have done Waldo that would have made you look like a brain surgeon?(Jeffro Bodine) :shades:

Honestly what would you want the Pres. to do? Could you answer that. What do you mean if Obama let them go into bankruptcy. Would you suggest he keep pumping money into these companies even though they are not making any turn around progress? You guys really have no idea how a business work. GM need to get their mess together thats the only way they are going to stay out of bankruptcy. What is a shame is that they have to be forced to get their business straight. As far as card check if it doesn't pass you can thank your right wing (lower tax for the rich raise them for the middle class) hate for the working class for that.

I agree that GM needs to get their cards in order, no doubt about it. Heard that the possibility of around 1500 dealers needing to be closed along with Pontiac and Saturn, etc, etc, to be gone as well as a part of their downsizing. Whether they will be be able to escape the 'B' hatchet is still unclear. The card check thing has some good points, but again, we'll see how that's going to turn out as well. One thing that can't be denied is the the fact that the greater majority of the public absolutely hates those us that work for the D3 or for those us who once did. I can understand their anger over the loans that were handed out, but their despising us for whatever misperceptions they have goes back a number of years, long before we hit the crisis we are now in. However this all turns out, it is going to be nasty to a lot of people, including those NOT connected directly to the auto industry. If they think they are going to escape, they are wrong.

Hmmm....reading btw the lines of a one line statement...Look who's trying to be a brain surgeon. Nowhere did I say anything about Obama's handling of this. If you want to ASS..ume anything, assume that Ford will get everything that Chrys/Gm get. We'll revisit this when that time comes.