Wixom to stay

wixom22

news flash, Ford has been grooming "Republicans" for years through internal mind bending propaganda. on the other hand the union has been grooming "Democrats" for years using our dues money. It's a safe assumption that the republican leaning leadership at Ford would like nothing less than to help the Michigan GOP "raming this down her throat". A new interchange would benifit Wixom with or without a factory. new housing developements and shoping meca's need these road improvements as well. can you say "BECK ROAD"

don't get your hopes up for Wixom Assy. or Atlanta. there are under utilized Flex plants waiting for a new set of "rubics cubes" to build the next generation of products. the writings on the wall, why can't people read it?

I agree with you about the Ford (and GM for that matter) leadership living in the Republican's pants, but the commerical real estate market in Detroit area is flat as well as the housing market. It probably would take Ford at least five years to redevelop that site anyway with all of the contamination.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

news flash, Ford has been grooming "Republicans" for years through internal mind bending propaganda. on the other hand the union has been grooming "Democrats" for years using our dues money. It's a safe assumption that the republican leaning leadership at Ford would like nothing less than to help the Michigan GOP "raming this down her throat". A new interchange would benifit Wixom with or without a factory. new housing developements and shoping meca's need these road improvements as well. can you say "BECK ROAD"

don't get your hopes up for Wixom Assy. or Atlanta. there are under utilized Flex plants waiting for a new set of "rubics cubes" to build the next generation of products. the writings on the wall, why can't people read it?

You don't really think that they will build houses or offices on that site do you? Do you even begin to understand how long let along how much it will take to clean that area up. I am not talking about the plant itself but the ground it sits on. The plant is another problem in itself. And just to clarify something so you understand me correctly.

Beck Road was a needed change for access to both Wixom and Novi because of the way that bridge was constructed. That was always a traffic bottleneck because of the traffic coming off of Grand River. To my understanding still there is really nothing in Wixom that calles for a new bridge, no major anything except that plant that has access problems.

Here is a question: Did they ever finish the upper levels of the office buildings at Wixom Assembly. For years they were not used and I understand a few years ago they started work on them.

First, The delveloper of a brown site works a deal with the state who then puts the finger on the EPA and the site gets developed with min. rework. No residential, no schools or any of that. Just commericial and or light industrial.

Second, The next high denisity residential building area is west and south of the Wixom interchange, Salem twp. South Lyon ect. also there is a lot of comm. and lite industrial along with vacant land N. of I-96 in Wixom.

Third, NO new offices in that space. Its basically gutted with some old office furniture stored there.

As far as Atlanta.I was in a meeting today with our Body Shop Area Manager.He was up in Michigan a couple days ago,with the Atlanta Plant/Area Manager.I cant remember which one (long meeting).Anyhow,the boss from Atlanta was in shock about them being on the axe list.So thats a real deal.They are slowly bringing things closer north it seems like.

csmauto and the WSJ must have hit a nerve and exposed to Bill Ford the they have leaks. If not the Detroit News new artical on plant closings will be denied by Mark Fields, we'll see.

Now that VC is back in the Ford group are the going to be counted in any of the new plant closing numbers.

Not all closings will be announced in Jan. This is so they can stick a knife in Atlanta Ga. and Wixom MI. to suck the most blood out of each other. Datts ok cuz its jus guud biz.

Will Mr. Gettlefinger even entertain the thought of health care concessions with all this B$^* S*^#! going on. I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Bill Ford is the Chairman of the Detroit Economic Club. He is suppose to promote the economic delvelopment of the Detroit metro area. QUESTION, If he closes Wixom is he a HYPROCRITE. and no if he has Mark Fields do it you still will be the hyprocrite, Your the Chairman of the Board!

Bill, HYPROPCRITE OR NOT , its you decision.

csmauto and the WSJ must have hit a nerve and exposed to Bill Ford the they have leaks. If not the Detroit News new artical on plant closings will be denied by Mark Fields, we'll see.

Now that VC is back in the Ford group are the going to be counted in any of the new plant closing numbers.

Not all closings will be announced in Jan. This is so they can stick a knife in Atlanta Ga. and Wixom MI. to suck the most blood out of each other. Datts ok cuz its jus guud biz.

Will Mr. Gettlefinger even entertain the thought of health care concessions with all this B$^* S*^#! going on. I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Bill Ford is the Chairman of the Detroit Economic Club. He is suppose to promote the economic delvelopment of the Detroit metro area. QUESTION, If he closes Wixom is he a HYPROCRITE. and no if he has Mark Fields do it you still will be the hyprocrite, Your the Chairman of the Board!

Well said Butthead!

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

BUTTHEAD, YOU HIT THAT ONE ON THE NAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. NOT JUST ONCE, BUT TWICE.

B) Wixom has a shot, the contractors have definitly stopped in Atlanta, my source says! Top brass are mum about why. Im told it will remain hush about Atlanta until Ford gets health care concessions and gets to close Plants before 07 like GM.Funny timing, we are currently dismantling & taking out the T Bird buck, and other stuff to go into the Ford hand-me-down bucket. Sure frees up space to give tours on how we could use the floor space.Never say never!

And remember , Im always right!

I read this 3 times just to make sure I was reading it correctly.....and without a doubt this is the most bone-headed idea I've ever heard....this just confirms my long held belief that the end of the UAW is just over the horizon....pick up a paper or look on the web and see who is gaining market share (Toyota, Nissan) and who is losing it (Ford GM)...and then ask yourself..what is different...they are not UAW....if I were working for Toyota and the UAW came in to try to organize us...I would see no benefit in it....they are closing plants...it's up near 20 proposed at this time,...the union has made it's bed over the last 20 years, making stupid demands...inflexible work rules....not working with the company...but against everything that they wanted to do to remain competitive..and now they are not...and the UAW is in the panic mode...they always said they were going to protect the future of it's memebers but they haven't...if they would have been more flexible and willing to do some of the things that Toyota and Nissan are doing, they would be competitve now and not losing 50,000 memebers.......as usual they were and still remain short-sighted....

I read this 3 times just to make sure I was reading it correctly.....and without a doubt this is the most bone-headed idea I've ever heard....this just confirms my long held belief that the end of the UAW is just over the horizon....pick up a paper or look on the web and see who is gaining market share (Toyota, Nissan) and who is losing it (Ford GM)...and then ask yourself..what is different...they are not UAW....if I were working for Toyota and the UAW came in to try to organize us...I would see no benefit in it....they are closing plants...it's up near 20 proposed at this time,...the union has made it's bed over the last 20 years, making stupid demands...inflexible work rules....not working with the company...but against everything that they wanted to do to remain competitive..and now they are not...and the UAW is in the panic mode...they always said they were going to protect the future of it's memebers but they haven't...if they would have been more flexible and willing to do some of the things that Toyota and Nissan are doing, they would be competitve now and not losing 50,000 memebers.......as usual they were and still remain short-sighted....

Do you understand why toyota and others of a better shot at a gaining market share outside of the fact of the uaw being involved. The plants they have in the states have good relations with the suppliers they have and most of them have suppliers on site to cut down cost and improve productivity. Think of when saturn started out. They were able to manufacture everything from start to finish kinda like how the rouge was set up many years ago. Only problem was with saturn was they only built select few vehicles that eventually went up against it parent company. Now they are building different vehicles on a multi platform.

Here is something to think about.... If you work in a plant where there is no room for expansion for suppliers you might was to transfer if possible. How many plants that are in fords portfolio have stamping, body, final, paint, etc. Not many right now but I can feel pretty sure in my own study of the locations of each assembly plant and area they sit on, the plants that remain will have it's own stamping along with close proximity of suppliers. These are the cost cutting devices that have to be utilized.

It does appear that the plants that sit out the farthest from headquarters in Dearborn with be affected. Norfolk, St. Paul, Atlanta are my top picks and do remember that it was only a forcast in the paper about only assemby. What happens if parts plants are involved as well?

If you go to the employee network and look at the address of each plant and then run it on a mapping program you will see what I am talking about. Areas where plant sit near water or an airport have minimal expansion.

Wow, your logic is quite impressive. So, if we had been more "competitive" and "flexible", folks would be running out and buying all of those fat profit suv's that have been sitting on dealer lots and we'd all be happy campers?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The real problem we have, too many fucking retards in management, something you should be able to relate to, intimately

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, your logic is quite impressive. So, if we had been more "competitive" and "flexible", folks would be running out and buying all of those fat profit suv's that have been sitting on dealer lots and we'd all be happy campers?

The real problem we have, too many fucking retards in management, something you should be able to relate to, intimately

Ford and GM products, while still not as good on quaility as Toyota and Honda, are much better after 25 years of butt kicking

Go ahead, say its due to the worker and in spite of management

Now in the same 25 years, has the UAW improved ?

Ford and GM products, while still not as good on quaility as Toyota and Honda, are much better after 25 years of butt kicking

AH but remember that a recent article suggests that is changing. Now that Toyota is producing more the quality is decreasing.

It is easy to taunt quality in someones face when you are only building a fraction of the others but what happens when you try to out do the other. Mistakes.....

AH but remember that a recent article suggests that is changing. Now that Toyota is producing more the quality is decreasing.

It is easy to taunt quality in someones face when you are only building a fraction of the others but what happens when you try to out do the other. Mistakes.....

Well I posted something smilar to this before everything crashed. I guess you could say I saw it coming. Well anyway, what I posted before was that process of building cars and trucks is a numbers game. No matter who is building it, you are going to have 2-5% of all production that has problems. So therfor the more you make the higher number of problems. You are seeing this with toyota because they have been pushing so hard to become number one. I say let them become number one. They can have everything that goes with it, especially the recalls. Look at the numbers, Dodge is number four now and have had only 750,000 recalls this year.

Well I posted something smilar to this before everything crashed. I guess you could say I saw it coming. Well anyway, what I posted before was that process of building cars and trucks is a numbers game. No matter who is building it, you are going to have 2-5% of all production that has problems. So therfor the more you make the higher number of problems. You are seeing this with toyota because they have been pushing so hard to become number one. I say let them become number one. They can have everything that goes with it, especially the recalls. Look at the numbers, Dodge is number four now and have had only 750,000 recalls this year.

Hey did you have fun getting out early tonight? Stupid snow.....

Harry, I have a question for you , and please be honest, are you a mechanic, are you state certified to work on cars?

I am, and I have worked on evrything you can think of, from a Yugo to a Rolls Royce, Vw's Hondas, Toyodas, Ford, Gm, Chysler, Porche, and a Ferrari.

I have honestly without any bias seen more domestics hit 200-300-400k on original motors and transmissions.

I have personaly owned 4 vehicles that I drove until 200k

1985 Cherolet Z-24, bought with 225k, spun a rod at 287k, my fault, drunk and stuck. Did rebuild the motor, car had 312k when I sold it for $2300

1979 Ford F150, 302 motor, original c-6 trans, I put a timing chain, waterpump, valve cover gskts. sold for $2500

1978 Buick LaSabre, 301 2bbl, original turbo 350 trans, did a timing chain and valve cover gaskets, gave to my brother, he blew it up.

1989 Buick Park Avenue, 3800 v-6 I bought the car used for $1200, put $500 into it, drove it for 4.5 yrs, it had 125k when I bought it, I gave it to my brother, when the car hit 200k, he is still driving it, 250k now, motor is still strong trans is so-so.

My father has had 4 cars go over 400k on ORIGINAL MOTORS AND TRANMISSIONS, these cars were all bought used.

1976 Oldsmobile 88 350 4bbl, turbo 375 trans, Had a timing chain at 100k, went thru 2 boys too, the rear end went out so we pulled the engine and trans, and scrapped the car, but the motor went into 2 more cars after that, it is now sitting in my garage, worn out, but none of these cars burned oil.

1984 Pontiac Pheonix, 2.8 v-6, did put a trans in at 400k, due to a broken trans cooler line. Sold for $500

1984 Olds Delta 88 307 4bbl, dad sold it to my brother at 350 k, my brother sold it a 400k for $800.

1992 Buick Regal 3.1 v-6 bought with 64k, this car was sold with 487k for $1200, only thing ever done to the MOTOR was valve cover gaskets and a distributor plug o-ring, and a water pump. original TRANS,

My point is these cars, are just my family, were maintained well, my dads cars were alot of highway miles, he put 120 miles a day just for work, 6 days a week, then their is other driving too, my mom worked and my younger brothers drove them too, that doesnt include all the ones that I have worked on. And dont tell me the miles arent true because they are, I am not including maint items, all cars need maint items. tires, brakes, belts, hoses, tuneups.

So when people like you say unreliable, no quality, no resale, I have to fall off my chair laughing.

I have worked on cars for a while, the build quality of any car in the mid 70's and 80's was laughable, I am talking about the vinyls, plastics, cardbord door panel, they all had it.

Cars now are all built well, now the supplier life cycles and quality is questionable on ALL cars.

Another thing is import owners take better care of there cars because they are afraid of the repair bill, bringing them in for all types of PREventative repairs, and ALOT of people do this, get in the car and drive it, when it stops moving, or running, because all they ever do is put gas in it and never check anything else, then guess who's fault it is, NOT THERES.

Tell you what next time your out driving, look and listen to cars, sqealing brakes, low tires, check engine lights on, parts hanging off, cars/ trucks wheels bouncing up off the road due to worn out shocks/struts.

Whos fault is that the domestics, NO, the owners.

I have worked on to many imports, I dont anymore, they give me a rash, I will always or at least untill ther is no other choice, choose domestics, and I dont want to here Honda/Toyodas are domestic, Gm's world headquarters are in Detroit, Fords are in Dearborn.

All my friends drive either Fords/Gm and a few older Chryslers, before the take over, none complain like you and the import crowd.

Edited by 05StangAwsomecar

People can point fingers at the UAW all day long.But many of you forget why the UAW HAD to be formed in the first place.Brush up on your history.Bottom line is this...

Americans are self-centered and self-absorbed.We ONLY care about whats good for "me"."Its a free country,I can drive what I want!"Thats part of our attitude problem.We make up 5% of the worlds population,and consume over 25% of its oil.Maybe more.Why?Self-centered and self-absorbed.If Americans had enough sense to support their own,we wouldnt be in this preventable situation.Asians immigrate to this country every day.Guess what they are driving ?Toyotas,Honda,Lexus and so on.Why?Because they are smarter than we are.They understand the concept of supporting their own. Its ok though.While everyone is driving around in their imports complainig about not being able to find a good paying American job.Ill just be in the unemployment with the rest of you laughing.

p.s.-Im not making this a race issue,so you dont either. B)

The quality of vehicles now are so close its not even worth mentioning. Car mags just are trying to justify their existance.

"Fit and finish" is so blown out of proportion its re-dick-ulous.

Squeek'n'rattles are not because of fit and finish in most cases. Its just shabby engineering.

calm down there buddy.....I'm a dues paying memeber of the same union as you...have been for many years...however I don't drink their kool-aid B.S. like you apparently do....you are like so many others with your head in the sand thinking it's never me...it's always the management's fault....well go right on and think that all the way to the unemployment line...your kind always thinks someone owes them something...and by the way we get your low quality parts into our plant....

This is for anyone at Wixom.... Specifically in Body or Paint......

I heard from a little bird that they ran a mustang skid down the line not too long ago. Someone that works in body would notice that if they happend to see it.

Anyone.....

Harry, I have a question for you , and please be honest, are you a mechanic, are you state certified to work on cars?

I am, and I have worked on evrything you can think of, from a Yugo to a Rolls Royce, Vw's Hondas, Toyodas, Ford, Gm, Chysler, Porche, and a Ferrari.

I have honestly without any bias seen more domestics hit 200-300-400k on original motors and transmissions.

I have personaly owned 4 vehicles that I drove until 200k

1985 Cherolet Z-24, bought with 225k, spun a rod at 287k, my fault, drunk and stuck. Did rebuild the motor, car had 312k when I sold it for $2300

1979 Ford F150, 302 motor, original c-6 trans, I put a timing chain, waterpump, valve cover gskts. sold for $2500

1978 Buick LaSabre, 301 2bbl, original turbo 350 trans, did a timing chain and valve cover gaskets, gave to my brother, he blew it up.

1989 Buick Park Avenue, 3800 v-6 I bought the car used for $1200, put $500 into it, drove it for 4.5 yrs, it had 125k when I bought it, I gave it to my brother, when the car hit 200k, he is still driving it, 250k now, motor is still strong trans is so-so.

My father has had 4 cars go over 400k on ORIGINAL MOTORS AND TRANMISSIONS, these cars were all bought used.

1976 Oldsmobile 88 350 4bbl, turbo 375 trans, Had a timing chain at 100k, went thru 2 boys too, the rear end went out so we pulled the engine and trans, and scrapped the car, but the motor went into 2 more cars after that, it is now sitting in my garage, worn out, but none of these cars burned oil.

1984 Pontiac Pheonix, 2.8 v-6, did put a trans in at 400k, due to a broken trans cooler line. Sold for $500

1984 Olds Delta 88 307 4bbl, dad sold it to my brother at 350 k, my brother sold it a 400k for $800.

1992 Buick Regal 3.1 v-6 bought with 64k, this car was sold with 487k for $1200, only thing ever done to the MOTOR was valve cover gaskets and a distributor plug o-ring, and a water pump. original TRANS,

My point is these cars, are just my family, were maintained well, my dads cars were alot of highway miles, he put 120 miles a day just for work, 6 days a week, then their is other driving too, my mom worked and my younger brothers drove them too, that doesnt include all the ones that I have worked on. And dont tell me the miles arent true because they are, I am not including maint items, all cars need maint items. tires, brakes, belts, hoses, tuneups.

So when people like you say unreliable, no quality, no resale, I have to fall off my chair laughing.

I have worked on cars for a while, the build quality of any car in the mid 70's and 80's was laughable, I am talking about the vinyls, plastics, cardbord door panel, they all had it.

Cars now are all built well, now the supplier life cycles and quality is questionable on ALL cars.

Another thing is import owners take better care of there cars because they are afraid of the repair bill, bringing them in for all types of PREventative repairs, and ALOT of people do this, get in the car and drive it, when it stops moving, or running, because all they ever do is put gas in it and never check anything else, then guess who's fault it is, NOT THERES.

Tell you what next time your out driving, look and listen to cars, sqealing brakes, low tires, check engine lights on, parts hanging off, cars/ trucks wheels bouncing up off the road due to worn out shocks/struts.

Whos fault is that the domestics, NO, the owners.

I have worked on to many imports, I dont anymore, they give me a rash, I will always or at least untill ther is no other choice, choose domestics, and I dont want to here Honda/Toyodas are domestic, Gm's world headquarters are in Detroit, Fords are in Dearborn.

All my friends drive either Fords/Gm and a few older Chryslers, before the take over, none complain like you and the import crowd.

If I were you. I'd take whatever you just said and reprint it mostly in it's entirety to the Detroit News Auto Forum. Those cocksuckers who love to bash the Big 3 need a rude awakening real fast! ;)

People can point fingers at the UAW all day long.But many of you forget why the UAW HAD to be formed in the first place.Brush up on your history.Bottom line is this...

Americans are self-centered and self-absorbed.We ONLY care about whats good for "me"."Its a free country,I can drive what I want!"Thats part of our attitude problem.We make up 5% of the worlds population,and consume over 25% of its oil.Maybe more.Why?Self-centered and self-absorbed.If Americans had enough sense to support their own,we wouldnt be in this preventable situation.Asians immigrate to this country every day.Guess what they are driving ?Toyotas,Honda,Lexus and so on.Why?Because they are smarter than we are.They understand the concept of supporting their own. Its ok though.While everyone is driving around in their imports complainig about not being able to find a good paying American job.Ill just be in the unemployment with the rest of you laughing.

p.s.-Im not making this a race issue,so you dont either. B)

By the way. The assholes driving their imports are always the first ones who get in the fast lane and drive 20-30 miles over the speed limit because they are in a hurry to get to Starbucks or Costco. That's wasting more gas anyway in their "fuel-efficient" cars. STUPID BASTARDS!