How Long Does It Take Ford Credit to Repo?

How about an Advantage Plan for those of us that boughtfinanced before this economy tanked and are in now in the hole? :banghead:

Just curious to know how long will it take for Ford Credit to repossess the car since I can't pay it this month? Anyone ever have luck with getting FMCC to defer payments?

How about an Advantage Plan for those of us that boughtfinanced before this economy tanked and are in now in the hole? :banghead:

Just curious to know how long will it take for Ford Credit to repossess the car since I can't pay it this month? Anyone ever have luck with getting FMCC to defer payments?

If your only going to be a month late they are not going to repo, in the past I have deffered payments and they have been helpful.

After 1 year of payments, they will usually defer a payment. (It may be 6 months, I'm not sure)

In a 60 month term, I believe you can defer up to 8 payments.

In the past, we have had to do this. They have deferred up to 2 payments in a row for us. Call them before the payment is late, and you should be able to do this. This would give you almost 3 months, before you would have to make a payment.

Also, FMC does not report a late to the credit bureaus until the payment is actually 30 days past the due date. The deferred payment is not reported as a late payment, as it is deferred.

Of course, I haven't had to do this for a few years, but I don't imagine that they have changed their policy much. They don't want your car back.

So, just call and ask. They are very nice about it, and only want to know why. In this economic environment, they will really appreciate someone being proactive.

Edited by Extreme4x4

Call them before the payment is late, and you should be able to do this.

So, just call and ask. They are very nice about it, and only want to know why. In this economic environment, they will really appreciate someone being proactive.

Exactly! The important thing is to call them...I'm sure they will be very understanding and will work with you. This is definitely a time to ask for permission first and not have to beg for forgiveness later!

Just hope you get someone from THIS country.

I have talked to service reps that had NO idea what I was trying to explain to them.

the secret is to ask for someone that can speak spanish. Chances are they are in the US and can speak english too. Not many Indian guys named Bob can speak spanish after all.

Edited by Sixt9coug

How Long Does It Take Ford Credit to Repo?

When you find out let us know.

Hey, look out the window...is it still there? :o

Just kidding, but seriously I can't believe you asked that question here. As others have said call Ford.