Ford wants more concessions

statts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will be going after the sub pay for one plus some of the retiree benefits as well. International better step up or their will be alot pissed off people

Wow I think Hinrichs is making a huge mistake! The workers at Ford accepted concessions in mid contract, not because Ford was asking for govt. money and that was the condition placed on the workers to get the money. No because the UAW asked for us to accept the cuts to

1. Strengthen its position in negotiating with Chrysler and GM.

2. To help prevent Ford from going to the govt. and asking for money.

After the UAW workers accepted cuts in good faith, now Hinrichs wants to spit in our face and say its not good enough, we want more. I voted for the concessions, the first time I have ever voted for a concession but I will not vote for another one. Now if Ford wants to go into Bankruptcy ask for govt. money and the Ford family loses control of the company, I may revist my decision.

But for now, I am good!

Wow I think Hinrichs is making a huge mistake! The workers at Ford accepted concessions in mid contract, not because Ford was asking for govt. money and that was the condition placed on the workers to get the money. No because the UAW asked for us to accept the cuts to

1. Strengthen its position in negotiating with Chrysler and GM.

2. To help prevent Ford from going to the govt. and asking for money.

After the UAW workers accepted cuts in good faith, now Hinrichs wants to spit in our face and say its not good enough, we want more. I voted for the concessions, the first time I have ever voted for a concession but I will not vote for another one. Now if Ford wants to go into Bankruptcy ask for govt. money and the Ford family loses control of the company, I may revist my decision.

But for now, I am good!

I second that!

I second that!

They want what Chrysler got, then we should give it to them.....The UAW saves Chrysler

2 billion in contract concessions.........UAW saves Ford 6 billion in concessions.......Give them what Chrysler got.....send them into bankruptcy and take back 4 billion Ron/Bob!!! We are behind you!

They want what Chrysler got, then we should give it to them.....The UAW saves Chrysler

2 billion in contract concessions.........UAW saves Ford 6 billion in concessions.......Give them what Chrysler got.....send them into bankruptcy and take back 4 billion Ron/Bob!!! We are behind you!

To all my fellow Ford workers, enough is enough. We were recently told that any extension here at CCP was not going to happen. The blocks will be made in Mexico. The company has to realize that they cannot squeeze blood from a turnip. NO MORE CONCESSIONS.

Edited by liquid remedy

Edited by liquid remedy

No, Im good where im at! Thanx!!! I will not vote yes again! I dont see the uppers making any concessions, company or international!!! They continue to outsource work while laying us off, dangle potential new work over our head with zero real commitment and continually blame us for safety, engineering problems , and will not maintain anything outside of normal production operating hours! For this they blame us for losing parts when they willingly leave a machines broken while production is not waiting for them to get up and running!! So again I will say No, Im good where im at! Thanx

:ohsnap:

I have to wonder.........when times were good and plentiful, did the UAW ever consider revising the contract 3 or 4 times during the Bargained Agreement. No. The company would have told us to go piss up a rope.

Come on now...........really..........enough is enough. How many more years do we have in this agreement?

:shades:

You guys really do not get it! You really do not see whats happening here!

CONTRACT 1) n. an agreement with specific terms between two or more persons or entities in which there is a promise to do something in return for a valuable benefit known as consideration. Since the law of contracts is at the heart of most business dealings, it is one of the three or four most significant areas of legal concern and can involve variations on circumstances and complexities. The existence of a contract requires finding the following factual elements: a) an offer, B) an acceptance of that offer which results in a meeting of the minds; c) a promise to perform; d) a valuable consideration (which can be a promise or payment in some form); e) a time or event when performance must be made (meet commitments); f) terms and conditions for performance, including fulfilling promises; g) performance. A unilateral contract is one in which there is a promise to pay or give other consideration in return for actual performance.

For the UAW, the idea of a binding contract was lost years ago. As the membership dwindled, so did our power. Without any power, the contracts we ratified were worth less than the toilet paper we use on a daily basis.

In the last 5 years, how many times have our contracts been broken?

If we worked on Wall Street, Lawyers would currently be billing $150 an hour in our successful defense. But even with our rock solid judicial case, we would still lose in the court of public opinion. Why? Because we are, what we are.

Everyone knows that UAW workers are just a bunch of undereducated, overpaid, lazy, laborers. Our knuckles drag when we walk, we can't communicate coherently with our fellow citizens, and we've never contributed anything to society.

We're all parasites. We suck all the life out of our employers until their dead, and then we move on to our next host. In our case, the only host left for a purported parasite of society, is Wal-Mart. I pray to god, that this is the case and that we suck the China Loving life out of this abomination of a Company. Unfortunately, I know this won't happen.

If you relocate a lone Parasite, and put it to work for a global conglomerate parasite, the lone parasite will simply get absorbed. Workers are not the problem. They are the solution. The U.S. needs to produce something, (other than debt) to remain a superpower. The trickle down economic theory doesn't work, especially when the Trickle goes to China and India.

As worker ants, there are very few things that we can do to stem the tide of our ill fortune. We can vote, we can organize, and we can protest. Thankfully, every time another U.S citizens become affected by globalization, we gain another ally. Eventually the masses will organize and finally regain power over corporate greed.

Hopefully the Unfettered, short sited, outsourcing greed of corporations for the last eight years, won't culminate in a complete meltdown of the middle class economy here in the U.S.

Cross your fingers.

Edited by mrballsonya

:ohsnap:

I have to wonder.........when times were good and plentiful, did the UAW ever consider revising the contract 3 or 4 times during the Bargained Agreement. No. The company would have told us to go piss up a rope.

Come on now...........really..........enough is enough. How many more years do we have in this agreement?

:shades:

We got profit sharing.

I'M VOTING NO ON THESE CONSESSIONS I did not vote on the last ones. They got there one shot to screw us and now the want to go balls deep. NO

I would just like to extend a big Fuck You!! To the above who admitted they voted yes on the previous concessions bullshit we were asked to swallow, and now your crying about giving any more ......give me a break .

Im not crying dick face, im just saying it wont happen again from me! These are tough times and I was willing to live and fight another day! Well that day is already upon us! Seems like the uppers didnt vote yes on any concessions why should we! Why dont you take some of your negative energy and rebut all the rest of the people in and around this country that think you should take whats coming to ya! And thats alot less! Start with detnews.com autos talk! See how highly the people of this state think of us and our union!

I would just like to extend a big Fuck You!! To the above who admitted they voted yes on the previous concessions bullshit we were asked to swallow, and now your crying about giving any more ......give me a break .

LOL, I AGREE WITH YOU 100%! I TOLD THESE SPINELESS FUCKERS IF YOU VOTE "YES" IT WON'T BE THE END OF IT, IN 6 MONTHS TIME THEY'LL BE BACK FOR MORE..............AND IT AIN'T EVEN BEEN 6 MONTHS!

EXCACTLY, NOW THEY WANNA CRY ABOUT GIVING UP MORE.....FUCKIN' PLEASE! NOW IS THE TIME TO GO GET YER BALLS OUT OF YER WIFES PURSE AND BE A MAN AND VOTE "NO"!!!!!!

LOL, I AGREE WITH YOU 100%! I TOLD THESE SPINELESS FUCKERS IF YOU VOTE "YES" IT WON'T BE THE END OF IT, IN 6 MONTHS TIME THEY'LL BE BACK FOR MORE..............AND IT AIN'T EVEN BEEN 6 MONTHS!

EXCACTLY, NOW THEY WANNA CRY ABOUT GIVING UP MORE.....FUCKIN' PLEASE! NOW IS THE TIME TO GO GET YER BALLS OUT OF YER WIFES PURSE AND BE A MAN AND VOTE "NO"!!!!!!

Already divorced, took my balls with me and have them where they need to be and will vote "No"!

Edited by 0824sgt

CONTRACT 1) n. an agreement with specific terms between two or more persons or entities in which there is a promise to do something in return for a valuable benefit known as consideration. Since the law of contracts is at the heart of most business dealings, it is one of the three or four most significant areas of legal concern and can involve variations on circumstances and complexities. The existence of a contract requires finding the following factual elements: a) an offer, B) an acceptance of that offer which results in a meeting of the minds; c) a promise to perform; d) a valuable consideration (which can be a promise or payment in some form); e) a time or event when performance must be made (meet commitments); f) terms and conditions for performance, including fulfilling promises; g) performance. A unilateral contract is one in which there is a promise to pay or give other consideration in return for actual performance.

For the UAW, the idea of a binding contract was lost years ago. As the membership dwindled, so did our power. Without any power, the contracts we ratified were worth less than the toilet paper we use on a daily basis.

In the last 5 years, how many times have our contracts been broken?

If we worked on Wall Street, Lawyers would currently be billing $150 an hour in our successful defense. But even with our rock solid judicial case, we would still lose in the court of public opinion. Why? Because we are, what we are.

Everyone knows that UAW workers are just a bunch of undereducated, overpaid, lazy, laborers. Our knuckles drag when we walk, we can't communicate coherently with our fellow citizens, and we've never contributed anything to society.

We're all parasites. We suck all the life out of our employers until their dead, and then we move on to our next host. In our case, the only host left for a purported parasite of society, is Wal-Mart. I pray to god, that this is the case and that we suck the China Loving life out of this abomination of a Company. Unfortunately, I know this won't happen.

If you relocate a lone Parasite, and put it to work for a global conglomerate parasite, the lone parasite will simply get absorbed. Workers are not the problem. They are the solution. The U.S. needs to produce something, (other than debt) to remain a superpower. The trickle down economic theory doesn't work, especially when the Trickle goes to China and India.

As worker ants, there are very few things that we can do to stem the tide of our ill fortune. We can vote, we can organize, and we can protest. Thankfully, every time another U.S citizens become affected by globalization, we gain another ally. Eventually the masses will organize and finally regain power over corporate greed.

Hopefully the Unfettered, short sited, outsourcing greed of corporations for the last eight years, won't culminate in a complete meltdown of the middle class economy here in the U.S.

Cross your fingers.

Very, very well said. Enough is enough all fucking ready.

Very, very well said. Enough is enough all fucking ready.

I voted no and got blasted by level and other ass holes on here. You should listen to wisdom and not dickheads. By the way, Where has Level been the last 2 months?