Alan Mulally's Crusade to save Ford

You underrate yourself, I was speaking a Lawyer friend of mine who worked for Vonage at one point in his Career...he was telling me that another lawyer from a firm that was working for Vonage was doing something and worked a weekend to get it done...and charged Vonage something like $79K for the work!

Then I have another friend who has a friend who makes 600K a year...I was bored and punched the numbers into a payroll calender....that works out to 12K every two weeks! Thats just insane

From what I've seen, it looks like the real money is made once you retire and become a "consultant". :lol:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup,

I agree that the prices of these upper CEO types seems outrageous. I practice law, specifically in the labor field, and have to tell you, even with a law degree, my wages is dwarfed by what these guys make. Then again, I am not sure I could run a multinational corp. I thought I was being frivolous when I hired a professional assistant to write down everything I say. Now I am dyslexic, and it made more sense. Even so, I felt "icky" about it. I felt like I was flashing my coin around.

I have worked with, and against, the CAW in Canada for the past while, by the way love you Canadians. Anyway, both sides have the same issue. They both have reasonable and unreasonable demands. The CAW employees want more than they deserve, but it is no more blatant than the compensation the CEO's and upper level managers get. They think they deserve what they get. Pioneer is a decent guy, we have clashed before on opinion, but he is never without fact or an intimate perspective of the unionized employee. Calling him dumb or stupid just makes your argument look weak. We all view the world through a different look glass. My looking glass said "Get an big education so you can make big money". I will not apologize for my wage, even if I better most of my factory worker friends by 6 - 10 times. The cost of all this was my first marriage. You give something up when you pursue a career like mine. 18 hour day, sometimes months on end. I was away from home 6, sometimes 7, days a week. I have to buy rounds at bars when me and the guys go out, and get badgered about how since I make the big buck I should have too.

I am just as disgusted with CEO compensation as Pioneer, but again I am no less disgusted by say the UAW having a private golf course. You should be proud to know someone like Pioneer. Hard working union employees are becoming an endangered species, and to see someone like Pioneer who has that passion just shows how dedicated he is to the job. And not just his job, but for all people in a similar line of employment.

If anything, people like Pioneer should be congratulated for their stalwart refusal to engage in the underhanded, seedy, world of big business politics. If the world had more people with is conviction, it would be a better place. My hat goes off to him. His family is lucky to have that kind person to look up to, when so many of us cannot say the same. This is just my opinion so take it for what it is, but he is right. He is right on a level a lot of us just can't, or refuse, to understand.

Skape

Skape, law degrees mean diddly squat in my book...one in three Americans seem to have them...the lawyer pool is overflowing...i know way too many Larry H Parkers...and just because they have a law degree in my book gives them ZERO entitlement for ludicrous "expected" pay scales....in EVERY busines there are good and bad...Mulaly and co are most definitely GOOD, are responsible basically for MILLIONS of jobs,,,they deserve to reap the rewards...I cannot say the same of GM and Chrysler heirachy.......