Fiat Said to Study Using GM Opel Designs for Chrysler

68Cougar

same stuff, different day. MAN is this getting old.

Instead of some nut in GM writing this out on a cocktail napkin over lunch:

1) Import Opels

2) Call them Buicks

3) Save the company

We've got some nut in Turin writing this out on a cocktail napkin over lunch:

1) Export Opels

2) Call them Chryslers

3) Laugh about how the German government is buying Opel for us, and the US is buying Chrysler for us.

4) Put off worrying about our own shoddy products and iffy finances.

1) Import Opels

2) Call them Buicks

3) Save the company

1) Export Opels

2) Call them Chryslers

3) Laugh about how the German government is buying Opel for us, and the US is buying Chrysler for us.

So Fiat is sitting in the middle of all this trying to capitalize

and present itself a much larger car maker.

I'm thinking all this wheeling and dealing will end in a huge pile of debt

and the US government should be wary of Fiat, they look like kite flyers to me

especially when they put up no cash and use everyone else for their own ends.

1) Import Opels

2) Call them Buicks

3) Save the company

1) Export Opels

2) Call them Chryslers

RJ, didn't you know?

Opels will save the world!!!!!

So this is what happens when GM pays off Fiat for 2 billion dollars...they lose their European Operations to them...

Boy GM is FUCKED

I think GM should get fucked. They didn't do it right for years. And because they are now dangling by a thread, there are neggy remarks about Fiat. I can't get over how so many posters on the BON jusr automatically go along with what someone else says. Draw your own conclusion. There is no way to measure the impacxt of what Fiat will do to Chrysler until it's done. I am not ponting a finger at you particularly, just making a general statement.

I think GM should get fucked. They didn't do it right for years. And because they are now dangling by a thread, there are neggy remarks about Fiat. I can't get over how so many posters on the BON jusr automatically go along with what someone else says. Draw your own conclusion. There is no way to measure the impacxt of what Fiat will do to Chrysler until it's done. I am not ponting a finger at you particularly, just making a general statement.

My comment stems from GM paying off Fiat a couple years ago to get rid of them, thats when Fiat started to gain traction overseas...

As for Fiats success in the US...I wish them luck since they are going to need it. If they think they can pull what they are doing in Europe in the States, I think they are going to be in for a shock. Plus I don't see how they can pull this off with all the debt and lack of $$$ they have if they did go the Opel route.

Isn't great to have fun at GM's expense and not feel the weight of the press on Ford's neck.

Richard, like you predicted last year:

"Hopefully the Buzzards will find another carcasses ...."

Edited by jpd80

My comment stems from GM paying off Fiat a couple years ago to get rid of them, thats when Fiat started to gain traction overseas...

As for Fiats success in the US...I wish them luck since they are going to need it. If they think they can pull what they are doing in Europe in the States, I think they are going to be in for a shock. Plus I don't see how they can pull this off with all the debt and lack of $$$ they have if they did go the Opel route.

I did not intend to slam you about this and please accept my apology if you did. I just feel that when a company other than Ford is down, they can do no right and Ford can do no wrong. That, of course, has been dis-proven time and time again. If Fiat has no product here for us to try out and judge, and magazines pan them and JD Power says they suck, I'd want to do my own reserach to find out if it's true. I own a Chrysler product, but this particular one has been the best car I've owned since I bought my '87 Taurus when it was a year old. Then I bought a '92 which was also awesome and it was a real family hauler. Besides, I have hardly ever been a fan of modern GM. They still haven't gotten it right yet.

My skepticism regarding Fiat is their absolute lack of US experience. Anyone who thinks of US as a sort of crude and boorish version of Europe (e.g. VW & Mercedes execs) is going to fail and fail spectacularly in the US.

The idea that Fiat can be instantly successful selling expensive goods that were never designed for US customers........ It's laughable.

The idea that the government is buying Chrysler for them is disgusting, and the failure of the undertaking within a few years is al but assured.

My skepticism regarding Fiat is their absolute lack of US experience. Anyone who thinks of US as a sort of crude and boorish version of Europe (e.g. VW & Mercedes execs) is going to fail and fail spectacularly in the US.

The idea that Fiat can be instantly successful selling expensive goods that were never designed for US customers........ It's laughable.

The idea that the government is buying Chrysler for them is disgusting, and the failure of the undertaking within a few years is al but assured.

+1

Chrysler is being served up on a garbage can to Fiat, Chrysler deserved better than that.

Fiat seems to slide in there because Chrysler needed platforms and Alpha brand could help,

any other time an Chrysler would probably run the other way and look to maybe Mitsubishi.

Fiat offers at best $6 billion worth of platform/engineering in return for 35% of Chrysler?

These interlopers are nothing but grubby opportunists, watch them play for Opel too.

So long as all these deals remain non cash Fiat's lack of stability goes unchallenged.

+1

Chrysler is being served up on a garbage can to Fiat, Chrysler deserved better than that.

Fiat seems to slide in there because Chrysler needed platforms and Alpha brand could help,

any other time an Chrysler would probably run the other way and look to maybe Mitsubishi.

Fiat offers at best $6 billion worth of platform/engineering in return for 35% of Chrysler?

These interlopers are nothing but grubby opportunists, watch them play for Opel too.

So long as all these deals remain non cash Fiat's lack of stability goes unchallenged.

Well, if the old drunk, fat, ugly, slut whore yells in the bar, "Who here want to take me to their house and ass fuck me because I have no place to stay?". And the only one that takes her hand is the one legged, one eye leper,... I say " Way to go for taking one for the team!!"

Fiat is the only one that said, " She (Chrysler) can stay with me."

I like to relate everything to sex, age, diseases and liquor.