Havent heard anything about trades lately

stuckindtp

Hey guys havent seen any new topics about trades rumors and such so i thought id start a thread to get some info. Im a millwright currently waiting for new postings to come out. Anyone heard anything about the MAP retooling? Ive been in there not long ago and alot of work is needed to get that plant up and running the way Ford is rumored to want ie moving floor(like DTP)etc etc. Hoping alot of us tradesmen get to go back to work to get it up and running(I realize alot of work will be contracted out too)

Hey guys havent seen any new topics about trades rumors and such so i thought id start a thread to get some info. Im a millwright currently waiting for new postings to come out. Anyone heard anything about the MAP retooling? Ive been in there not long ago and alot of work is needed to get that plant up and running the way Ford is rumored to want ie moving floor(like DTP)etc etc. Hoping alot of us tradesmen get to go back to work to get it up and running(I realize alot of work will be contracted out too)

Im a tool and die maker from monroe waiting too, any info would be great. - what about cross training, or being placed as production

I'm currently working with a small crew of tradesmen (about 30-40 in final bldg, 30-40 in paint bldg) We are tearing out (and saving alot of equipment for parts) trim lines 4-7. This area will have the skillet setup that

Dearborn has. We currently have the 2 strand skid conveyor system. We may be staying for a while, depends on how much work is given to contractors. Some of us are original MTP'ers, some from wayne assembly.

Anybody got numbers on electricians at thier plants? There is a rumor that they want to reduce trades at our building in half, including electricians (Pilot Plant, NMPDC) Pretty sure the guys that will get an ILO will be picked up, just wondering if it is going to be in thier zone, which is 1. Any info would be helpful.

Anybody got numbers on electricians at thier plants? There is a rumor that they want to reduce trades at our building in half, including electricians (Pilot Plant, NMPDC) Pretty sure the guys that will get an ILO will be picked up, just wondering if it is going to be in thier zone, which is 1. Any info would be helpful.

Around 360-370 at the Rouge site.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the rumor was true, out of 8 electricians they are turning 4 of us loose. They didn't turn us loose with the rest of trades and production, which was the 12th, they are going to wait until the middle of July, after they use our services to get some sub station PM's done over shutdown. We are all at the pilot plant. Just wondering if any plants in our zone are short electricians. I would like to think that we would have some options, seeing how we were not offered a buyout, but that may just be wishful thinking. Any info would help.

Whats up with the temp postings at romeo? They just took a couple of m/w last month now they need temps. I think it was a good idea for the company to use the temp thing so guys could go to work for a while but now all your going to see is temp positions. Or maybe they do need help but the m/w's there dont want any seniority people to transfer there.

Whats up with the temp postings at romeo? They just took a couple of m/w last month now they need temps. I think it was a good idea for the company to use the temp thing so guys could go to work for a while but now all your going to see is temp positions. Or maybe they do need help but the m/w's there dont want any seniority people to transfer there.

Well my friend just got the call to report monday and I should be getting a call also. Any work is good. Especially if you hired in as skilled. I was under the impression that at least if the company could not place you after they exhausted the hiarchy that you could go to production. I found out today that you will NOT be able to sighn up for any TEMP production jobs. Only if it is for a permanent production position.