Hello Executives

I understand why Stugots and others on this site feel the way they do, they see, hear, read and sense at a personal level as to what may well be affecting them. I take it you have a problem with that and want those of us who express ourselves like we do now and then, kicked off and banned from here, right? If someone was threatened outright, etc, I could understand that, but because someone thinks that some in this world may be doing things that are NOT in the best interests of all? I don't think so! Careful what YOU wish for is all I'm going to say............ :stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

I have no problem with you guys voicing your opinions, it's the tone in which it's done.

Lighten up for Christ's sake or go back to the employees section where nobody cares what you say.

dilbert.jpeg

Edited by jpd80

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax guys, I think he is just extremely frustrated with what's been happening especially if it comes to ones lively hood. The whole point is survival, one is personal and one is business and it comes downs to the happy medium. I know I am barely surviving if not on the brink of losing all if things don't get better. Remember, a lot of people had bought houses at the highest level compared to what they are worth today as one example. Ford is surviving at this point with all the modifications that have been made and the smarter business decisions that have been made as well. Hopefully this is the happy medium that we can live with at this point but if more is asked is where it will start becoming difficult on a personal level of survival.

Bottom line is if sales aren't there, then it doesn't matter what is given up by anybody. GM and Chrysler are 2 different entity's that in my personal view will not survive at all given by the horrible decisions that have been made at those companies for a very long time as well as Ford.

All we can do is wait and see what happens in the next 6 months with Ford and remember, Mullally had already said that Ford is inline with the competitors now. Let's see what happens.

Not in this thread. :hysterical:

Thanks Nick.

I have no problem with people expressing anger and frustration over management decisions

but when it gets personal and abusive I want no part of it and it has no place on this site.

Edited by jpd80

Not in this thread. :hysterical:

Gotta say l thought Nicks a bit grumpy maybe had brought some GM shares or something like that in the last couple of weeks.

Its a shame to see such a great name like GM on the ropes at the moment still l don't expect that will bother your Dad to much Nick they stopped selling spares for his awesome Stingray decades ago, what doe he think of GM hitting the rocks today just interested?

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

what doe he think of GM hitting the rocks today just interested?

Doubt he cares much at all. Their problems allowed him to pick up a Trailblazer a few months back for a good $10K off MSRP, so he's happy for now. He was never really a specific brand kinda guy. He's always purchased American cars though -- well, ever since the junky Triumph he traded in for the Corvette. :lol:

Thanks Nick.

I have no problem with people expressing anger and frustration over management decisions

but when it gets personal and abusive I want no part of it and it has no place on this site.

well maybe this site isn't the place because it has no ramafactions, but it should be at the office at work , or in the board room, because if we all keep it from being personal, why bother holding anybody responsible for anything?

Doubt he cares much at all. Their problems allowed him to pick up a Trailblazer a few months back for a good $10K off MSRP, so he's happy for now. He was never really a specific brand kinda guy. He's always purchased American cars though -- well, ever since the junky Triumph he traded in for the Corvette. :lol:

sSSSSSH about the Triumph Nick don't wanna hurt poor ole T-Stangs feelings even though l agree with you, it must of put your Dad off of British cars for life :hysterical:

Had to look up what a Trailblazer is Nick, it looks a pretty kool SUV to me with $10K off a well, all we get from Chevy is their Korean Daewoo junk in Europe like the Matiz.

What will become of Chevy Korean Daewoo junk in the GM shake-up Nick? Why don't we get anything decent from Chevy like the Trailblazer in the UK rather than ex Daewoo Korean junk from Chevy UK.

What will become of Chevy Korean Daewoo junk in the GM shake-up Nick? Why don't we get anything decent from Chevy like the Trailblazer in the UK rather than ex Daewoo Korean junk from Chevy UK.

The Trailblazer is anything but decent. My dad bought it because it was cheap. That's the only reason. It definitely had nothing to do with the quality of the interior or the smoothness of the powertrain! Be thankful they never showed up on your shores. Besides, a vehicle that size probably wouldn't sell worth a damn in the UK anyway, even if it had build quality that was up to snuff. I know the Explorer sure doesn't/didn't sell well in most of Europe and it's about the same size.

We are the best auto company in the world why wouldn't we be compensated as such. The times of pattern bargaining are over. Ford did not take government money. We are different.

sorry, havent read all the pages in this thread, but this one kinda gets me...Ford is struggling and burning cash by the ton...the reason they aint taking handouts(yet) is Mullaly hocked everything including the kitchen sink for lines of credit that SAVED YOUR COMPANY at a HUGE cost...sorry stugot but, look around...If I read correctly, ford could just walk away from north america and be profitable...right now theres LITERALLY MILLIONS of folks that could probably be quickly trained to do a good job at half the cost and do everything in their power to help the company survive...

Ive been at the same company for all my adult life, and hope I never forget how fortunate Ive been to have not had to go job hunting...learned on my own time Autocad, ladder, Karel, G-code, Basic, CNC setup, spend most of my time drawing up schematics and that kind of thing, but if something needs done and I can help I will try...wether its come in at 3am to fix a crashed robot(no OT-salaried), or help maintenance refit a set of slides on a holiday weekend, or help clean up before visitors come by pushing a broom or take out the trash, whatever. Last week took a whole two minutes to fix the flush valve on a urinal- it needed fixed and were shorthaned in building maintenance. Most of the guys I work with are the same way, everyone pitches in anyway they can...If I can help a new maintenance guy fix something it makes my job easier eventually, and helps him and the company... everyone works towards one goal- we all know if the shop makes money, we'll have jobs.

If I called the boss names, threatened to retaliate by hurting the company in any way possible, I would hope they would get rid of me- its their company, not mine, they dont 'OWE ME A JOB'...if I had to take a pay cut I would rather that than to walk away from a lot of stuff I'm proud to have been a part of...and Ive done all I can to make sure if worse came to worse I could pick up some part time work to fill in...when my son had heart surgery I took a part time job doing a couple CNC retrofits solo to help pay the bill$...you do what you need to. Right now Ford NEEDS their workforce to pull together- IMO if theres a 'best way' to implement necessary cuts to survive, I just do hope they either do some profitsharing thing to return the favor if things go well in the future...but bottom line is, there aint a lot of jobs out there right now, even in skilled trades...so many families are struggling right now, labor is definitely available, but 'supply and demand' has lowered the prices, like it or not...I'd rather work harder than not at all is all I can say.

The Trailblazer is anything but decent. My dad bought it because it was cheap. That's the only reason. It definitely had nothing to do with the quality of the interior or the smoothness of the powertrain! Be thankful they never showed up on your shores. Besides, a vehicle that size probably wouldn't sell worth a damn in the UK anyway, even if it had build quality that was up to snuff. I know the Explorer sure doesn't/didn't sell well in most of Europe and it's about the same size.

Gotta say your Dad would not like the Chevy Matiz (Korean Daewoo Matiz cheap & nasty junk) mini MPV we have here Nick.

Gotta say l love the GM badge on the front of Matiz, its a shame that everything else attached to the badge is $h?t.

chevy_matiz.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

The easier it is to build a car, the easier the quality comes.

I'm sure the engineers could find lots more ways to make painful line jobs easier and quicker to accomplish,

it starts with having design and production workers getting together on the job, not section heads at meetings.

Your implication is that engineers do not try to make production jobs easier. I disagree.

In a high volume, mass produced item (like a car or light truck) the fewer the man-hours it takes to assemble the final product, the higher the profit (or lower the price) of the final product.

Making assembly easier is a win-win.

Now I am NOT saying the engineers know and see everything and I DO agree that if people working on the line have a suggestion on how to do it better that they follow the recommended procedure to pass that suggestion on.

Your implication is that engineers do not try to make production jobs easier. I disagree.

I said:

I'm sure the engineers could find lots more ways

to make painful line jobs easier and quicker to accomplish

Meaning they are already involved.

In a high volume, mass produced item (like a car or light truck) the fewer the man-hours it takes to assemble the final product, the higher the profit (or lower the price) of the final product.

Agree 100%

Edited by jpd80

Now I am NOT saying the engineers know and see everything and I DO agree that if people working on the line have a suggestion on how to do it better that they follow the recommended procedure to pass that suggestion on.

The production workers job rarely gets easier, if better engineering takes the worker less time to complete his task then another job is eliminated somewhere else and the work reallocated to bring his job time back up to were it was or more. So in this the workers job doesn't get easier it might just get harder.