Same sex Marriage

Without getting into the possible legal ramifications, I'd say it distinguishes between opposite-sex couples and same-sex couples.

Sounds about right. Why not give the words married couple and domestic partners the same legal rights and the same penalties, isn't marriage a religious term more so than a legal term?

Sounds about right. Why not give the words married couple and domestic partners the same legal rights and the same penalties, isn't marriage a religious term more so than a legal term?

WOW....there we go! Excellent Ron....but still take away their "rights" too vote.....and as far as I know marriage is the union of two under the premise of the church.....here we go....now religion enters the foray....

Don't they have them now?

297.5. (a) Registered domestic partners shall have the same rights,

protections, and benefits, and shall be subject to the same

responsibilities, obligations, and duties under law, whether they

derive from statutes, administrative regulations, court rules,

government policies, common law, or any other provisions or sources

of law, as are granted to and imposed upon spouses.

California citizens simply decided that "domestic partners" cannot be recognized as "married" by the State of California.

Edited by RangerM

as far as I know marriage is the union of two under the premise of the church.....here we go....now religion enters the foray....

Don't they have them now?

California citizens simply decided that "domestic partners" cannot be recognized as "married" by the State of California.

So let them argue with the church about the terminology, isn't church and state (laws) supposed to be separate? Why was this pushed to be a law and why was time and money wasted on a vote?

So let them argue with the church about the terminology, isn't church and state (laws) supposed to be separate?

To many, the differentiation between "marriage" and "domestic partnership" are the means to keep church and state separate.

Why was this pushed to be a law and why was time and money wasted on a vote?

It was placed on the ballot because enough people (California citizens) signed the petition to put it there, as provided for by the initiative amendment process under the California Constitution, and upheld by the CA Supreme Court. It was pushed into law (as in, the language was added to the CA Constitution) because a greater number of people voted to put it there, than voted against it. The reasons are as diverse as the number of people.

So let them argue with the church about the terminology, isn't church and state (laws) supposed to be separate? Why was this pushed to be a law and why was time and money wasted on a vote?

Because, the gay agenda does not stop. It just keeps going, and going, and going, and going...

As a whole, they will never really be happy. That is the sad part. Self destruction for many of them. This just gives them something to focus on. I would not trade shoes with them for anything.

Peace and Blessings

The purpose of a marriage is to have a family There is no way two guys can have kids so marriage is not a realistic thing . Adoption for Two guys or two wemon should never be considered because a child with out both a father and a mother figure is deprived of a proper up bringing. the reason we have problems with this is because the polititions don't have enough balls to make a mater of fact statment that they are wrong. prove to me that two guys can make kids and I will agree to your marriage.

Edited by 417strokers

The purpose of a marriage is to have a family There is no way two guys can have kids so marriage is not a realistic thing . Adoption for Two guys or two wemon should never be considered because a child with out both a father and a mother figure is deprived of a proper up bringing. the reason we have problems with this is because the polititions don't have enough balls to make a mater of fact statment that they are wrong. prove to me that two guys can make kids and I will agree to your marriage.

after reading your second sentence I guess divorce shouldn't be allowed either!

The purpose of a marriage is to have a family There is no way two guys can have kids so marriage is not a realistic thing.

Marriage is a contract...and where you live, it's a contract between two people...with some exceptions.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Then by your definition of marriage couples who can't have/don't want children should not be able to marry. Divorce should be outlawed for those who have children and widows/widowers with children should have to give them up. I have many clients who have children in one parent households due to divorce, death or who were unmarried at the time a child was born. Like gay couples, they have extended families who fill in the role of the missing parent.

The problems we may have as a society aren't caused by two people making a commitment to each other to be together.

which raises the question, in a gay marriage whom is the Husband and whom is the wife........

What two (consenting) adults do in their private lives is nobody's business but theirs.

However, when the government is specifically petitioned to ratify/sanctify it, it becomes everyone's business.

That's the difference.

That is a good argument for having no government recognition of any marriage. Either the government treats all equally or it doesn't. Since gay relationships are not against the law and do exist, the government should treat them equally with heterosexual relationships. The fact that some people are offended by the use of the word marriage should have no bearing on the matter. The government recognizes marriages between athiests performed without religious sanction. Marriages between mixed religion couples are recognized even when performed by a judge or other secular authority. Why shouldn't Mr. Hyde-Pierce and his partner of 25 years be accorded the same rights?