GM stock closes at $0.75

TomServo92

Two years ago, I don't think Ford was worrying about where GM was going. They were too busy getting their own house in order.

Sorry, I didn't make my answer clear.

I meant, three years ago Ford thought it could happen to them

they built junk for 20 years..ripped me off once..i will never go back to any GM product..i could really care less what happens to them...they simply forgot about building good quality and just let yoda have it all...everybody who works for GM is to blame..everyone of those idiots

It's hard to believe how far GM has fallen when I think back to some of the great cars they were building back in the 60's. Back when each division had it's own engine and unique style. For me, I remember Olds diesel as the beginning of the end for GM.

How Much lending will GM require:

1) Before bankruptcy: $23.4 billion ($19.4 B + $4 B )

2) DIP Finance: $14 billion

3) New GM Cash Float: $26 billion

4) DOE Loan: $9.8 billion

5) Line of Credit: $10 billion

What's that add up to?

$80.2 billion.

interest-bank.jpg

Edited by jpd80

Man... Look at Ford http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:F

They are in WAY better shape!

Easy when the market is compares Ford with bucket of shit GM.

I wonder what the new GM will be trading at with all the old debts swept away,

and GM's followers returning in droves because their beloved Bowtie GMC and Caddy are saved.....

Remember Ford will still have significant debt where GM rinsed clean of debt is their competitor.

Edited by jpd80

I wonder what the new GM will be trading at with all the old debts swept away,

and GM's followers returning in droves because their beloved Bowtie GMC and Caddy are saved.....

Remember Ford will still have significant debt where GM rinsed clean of debt is their competitor.

And that, my friend, is the big question. At this point, we can only speculate as to what GM is going to look like a year from now.

How Much lending will GM require:

1) Before bankruptcy: $23.4 billion ($19.4 B + $4 B )

2) DIP Finance: $14 billion

3) New GM Cash Float: $26 billion

4) DOE Loan: $9.8 billion

5) Line of Credit: $10 billion

What's that add up to?

$80.2 billion.

interest-bank.jpg

Liquidation was clearly the way it should have gone...

How many companies in this country are even valued @ or above $80B?

Liquidation was clearly the way it should have gone...

How many companies in this country are even valued @ or above $80B?

The government's purpose for rescuing GM was for the good of the wider community.

If rescuing GM is going to cost $80 billion, they obviously think that an uncontrolled collapse of GM

and ensuing liquidation would have cost everyone else far more and shattered whole communities.

With all the other large banks wanting to return TARP funds, why are none of them stepping forward?

Why does the government still have to act as GM's Debtor In Possession financing?

This would be the opportune time to grab the banks and remind them of their civic duty

because they were front and center on what caused all of this......

The government's purpose for rescuing GM was for the good of the wider community.

If rescuing GM is going to cost $80 billion, they obviously think that an uncontrolled collapse of GM

and ensuing liquidation would have cost everyone else far more and shattered whole communities.

With all the other large banks wanting to return TARP funds, why are none of them stepping forward?

Why does the government still have to act as GM's Debtor In Possession financing?

This would be the opportune time to grab the banks and remind them of their civic duty

because they were front and center on what caused all of this......

GM is not "rescued," it is just (about to be) federalized. For the umpteenth time, if you took a whole-picture view and hypothesized that you wanted to spend upwards of $100B to "save" the domestic auto industry, the route chosen has to be about the least effective way to do it.

Banks don't make unsecured loans of billions of dollars to a company the President of the United States is taking over as they go through bankruptcy next week. The bank's desperate desire to escape the purview of added gov't oversight/control of such things as compensation etc.

...banks flush with cash due to the surge in deposits are parking the money at the Fed instead of making loans. Got it, that explains the government's frustration with banks for not lending. Wait a second, reading further into the QBP shows that most institutions actually increased their loans:

Three large banks accounted for all of the decline in the industry’s loans during the fourth quarter; most institutions grew their loan balances in the quarter. Almost two-thirds of all institutions (64.7 percent) reported increases in their loans and leases, while only about half as many institutions (2,865 institutions, or 34.5 percent of all reporters) had declines in their loan portfolios.

Most banks increased their loan portfolios? Three large, over-leveraged banks restructured their loan portfolios while 64.7% of banks increased lending. Banks simply do not need additional capital to meet demand for loans to qualified borrowers. Furthermore, TARP capital costs banks 5% annually and comes with incredible intrusion into their business decisions. With strong deposit growth most institutions have sufficient cash to meet their funding needs and it should come as no surprise that many want to return the TARP funds promptly. Perhaps the Fed and Treasury, in the face of declining credit growth, have lost sight on the real reason for the lack of bank lending: a lack of demand by businesses and consumers. No bailout or new Fed lending acronym will spur demand, only time will heal these wounds.

GM will again be free to unleash unload swamp more buckets of boring dull bland dull shit bucket cars on the market on mass with $3,700 loss making bribe given free on every car it sells to distort overload supply and flood out the market at everybody elses expence, better get Bob Lutz who jumped ship with the rats to make sure he kept his pension pot in tact out of retirement to make sure the buckets of shit stay that way.