2007 Vehicle Order Tracking

Had a few spare minutes so I figured I would see if VOPC had anything new. They did.......

"As of June 16th your vehicle is locked in for production week of June 12, 2006. ETA at dealer is week of June 25, 2006."

The June 16 thing threw me off so I had to make the ERL repeat it several times just to make sure I heard right.

Chip in SC

It's correct, mine keeps saying as of "June 14th". I called today and spoke to someone who verified that I'm being build next week with an ETA of June 28th. I'm hoping that it comes in early, of course!

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's correct, mine keeps saying as of "June 14th". I called today and spoke to someone who verified that I'm being build next week with an ETA of June 28th. I'm hoping that it comes in early, of course!

Mine still says "as of June 8th..." Still says scheduled for this week. We'll see if the message changes tomorrow. Hopefully it'll say it's built.

FYI all, once you are serialized, your status can change daily, no need to wait until Thursday to call the ERL.

Using the Vin almost never works, always use the order number, the ERL has the most trouble understanding the T88, you want to say it slow and clear. TEE eight eight.

Kzinti sure helped me, hope he can come back.

Rats!!!! My ETA according to the ERL is now moved to week of July 4th!

The ERL changed sometime late afternoon for me (I called 3 times earlier today). It says that my car was produced (I assume today) and still says "With an expected arrival at the dealer the week of June 18". June 18th is a Sunday (father's day) so I'm hoping that's the latest it can come in. I can't imagine it taking 10 + days to get from Flat Rock to Chicago, unless they are holding the first week production for QC checks.

The ERL changed sometime late afternoon for me (I called 3 times earlier today). It says that my car was produced (I assume today) and still says "With an expected arrival at the dealer the week of June 18". June 18th is a Sunday (father's day) so I'm hoping that's the latest it can come in. I can't imagine it taking 10 + days to get from Flat Rock to Chicago, unless they are holding the first week production for QC checks.

Wellll, we witnessed it taking 11 days to go to NY for Black GT...Also keep in mind that Ford does not own the shipping company, so the trucks may not necessarily be exclusively loaded with Fords...Who knows how they construct their routes!...

Congratulations! You have a brand new pony. :baby:

Please keep checking back in on the forum and post some pictures!

Hello,

Is there any chance you may be able to get any information about my 2007 GT500 order? I have called the line, but I don't know if my accent is a barrier or what, ERL cannot seem to understand me, in particular the Body Code (T88)

Here is the info

Dealer 47106

Body T88 Shelby Coupe

Order# 7001

Thanks for any help,

Marc

Hello,

Is there any chance you may be able to get any information about my 2007 GT500 order? I have called the line, but I don't know if my accent is a barrier or what, ERL cannot seem to understand me, in particular the Body Code (T88)

Here is the info

Dealer 47106

Body T88 Shelby Coupe

Order# 7001

Thanks for any help,

Marc

The ERL cannot understand the T88 body type. Others have reported the same issue. You might have better luck looking it up with the VIN.

Thanks for the reply. I unfortunately don't have a VIN number yet. Is this something I will have to keep harassing the dealer for?

Unfortunately, since Ford put the kibosh on plant employees tracking that down for us, you'll have to bug your dealer for it. It should have been generated shortly after the plant acknowlediged your order..

:pig:

Depends on the Dealer's allocation. could take a week, could take months.

Ordered my 2007 GT Vert Prem RedFire 5 speed manual "T85"

04/18/2006 Placed with ford.

05/18/2006 Serialized 205605

06/12/2006 Tenative Build Date

06/01/2006 Made an option change to include 3.55 Axle

07/17/2006 New Build Date Issued.

T85 – 2007 - GT Convertible Premium,

G2 – Redfire

K – Leather Trim Buckets

R – Crimson Red

180A – Anti-Lock, Traction Control, Manual Air Cond.

99H – 4.6 L 3v OHC V8

44K – 5 Speed Manual Tranny

T8G – 235/50/ZR18

64W – 18†Bullit Polished alum Wheels

86A – Vinyl Black Convertible Roof

18G – Interior Upgrade Package

68B – Premium Trim Package (Black Floor mats, Pony Center Cap)

67L – Satin Panel

14A – Active Anti Theft

17L – Wheel Locking Kit

43A – Front Seat Air Bags.

54G – GT Appearance Package (Hood Scope, GT Eng Cover, Chrome Rolled Exhaust Tips)

59B – Convertible Boot.

455 - 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio – Limited Slip on GT Man Tranny only. (ordered on 6/1/2006)

Edited by makemystang

05/18/2006 Serialized 205605

Interesting how our serial numbers are close and the build week are the same...Maybe the numbers are less random than I thought...

64W – 18†Bullit Polished alum Wheels

Don't be shocked if you get the fan blades instead. At least one person in these forums ordered the polished aluminums and got delivered the fan blades...

Interesting how our serial numbers are close and the build week are the same...Maybe the numbers are less random than I thought...

Don't be shocked if you get the fan blades instead. At least one person in these forums ordered the polished aluminums and got delivered the fan blades...

Yes, serial numbers as extremely close.

Both wheels are nice, but I hope the do give me the right ones. (64W) sounds like some one was reading the the 64W sideways and took it for an "E". I wonder what the Dealer Invoice showed!

Actually though I was bumped on the date to 7/17, it really does not bother me. I usually do not like being the first because the usual is that the manufacturers use up prior models stock parts before new parts are used and I like the crew to get use to building the new models. I once had a 89 Chrysler and when I needed parts, I had to be careful because some of the car parts were 88 and others were 89's.

But.........I am contemplating on changing the order again to include the cloth top, but afraid I will be pushed back another few weeks. I might just think this one out I guess.

Edited by makemystang

Yes, serial numbers as extremely close.

I was planning on doing some math related to SN's later, and I have a question to ask everyone out there. Does anyone know if a SN is reused across body types? For example, could I find a T82 200001 and T85 200001? Even though it would be conceivable to do this, from a manufacturing perspective, I'm thinking that the answer to this question is no.

But.........I am contemplating on changing the order again to include the cloth top, but afraid I will be pushed back another few weeks. I might just think this one out I guess.

Well, I would not want to be the person to cause you another delay, but I saw a cloth type on a recent model Cobra this weekend, and it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet...So glad that I ordered it...But in the end, it might have cost me 3-4 weeks in delay..

I was planning on doing some math related to SN's later, and I have a question to ask everyone out there. Does anyone know if a SN is reused across body types? For example, could I find a T82 200001 and T85 200001? Even though it would be conceivable to do this, from a manufacturing perspective, I'm thinking that the answer to this question is no.

Well, I would not want to be the person to cause you another delay, but I saw a cloth type on a recent model Cobra this weekend, and it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet...So glad that I ordered it...But in the end, it might have cost me 3-4 weeks in delay..

Well, I was concerned about the maintenance on the cloth top. I called my Bro-in-law who pushes a 2000 Benz and he said his still is in like new condition and washes well. (5 yo and no visable wear on it.) Sooooooo guys and gals......... called my dealer and ORDERED it. Hopefully I do not get pushed out another week or two. I was pushed on a prior order change from 6/12 to 7/17 and hope it does not happen with this change.

Yes i heard from others that the cloth does look real sweettttttttttttttttttttttt.

Thanks

Edited by makemystang