2007 Vehicle Order Tracking

My car with premier trim arrived today so things are moving. The ERL said the 26th and she was right. Check www.themustangsource.com for pics that my brother shot of the interior - it's just a low res camera phone pic but you can see that the premier trim includes the bright shift trim ring and shift knob. I was stuck in an airport on my way to Germany today otherwise I would have had the car home now. The trip ended up getting cancelled so I'm picking up the car tomorrow at 10am. More pics to follow tomorrow!

Congrats Bob!! Can't wait to see pics. If my date is as accurate as yours, I guess I won't get mine until next Monday. Have fun today......I can feel the excitement.

Chip in SC

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Bob!! Can't wait to see pics. If my date is as accurate as yours, I guess I won't get mine until next Monday. Have fun today......I can feel the excitement.

Chip in SC

I'm thinging you'll get it sooner because I'm sure the truck drivers want to take a long holiday weekend. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

My car with premier trim arrived today so things are moving. The ERL said the 26th and she was right. Check www.themustangsource.com for pics that my brother shot of the interior - it's just a low res camera phone pic but you can see that the premier trim includes the bright shift trim ring and shift knob. I was stuck in an airport on my way to Germany today otherwise I would have had the car home now. The trip ended up getting cancelled so I'm picking up the car tomorrow at 10am. More pics to follow tomorrow!

Got to be a :bandance: in there somewhere! Congrats. Could you say where on TMS you posted the pics?

Oh, forgot to mention that I saw my first GT/CS (white w/o the hood scoop but with the rolled exhaust tips) on a dealer lot yesterday. I thought that it was nice, but I kept thinking about how awesome it would be in orange...

They had a $3K markup labeled 'rare' on it. Geez, these dealers never miss a beat...

News on the flash front as well. I guess my triple whammy wait (GT Manual + 18 polished + GT appearance) is getting closer. ERL says that I am locked in for the week of 7/17 with an ETA to the dealer week of 7/27!

:happy feet:

Finally some new info!! Guess you're gonna be one of the first to be built after the shutdown. Can't wait to see pics.

Chip

Anyone here tried tracking a GT500 yet? The ERL is not recognizing the T88 (coupe) body code. Wondering when they will "turn it on" or fix it, given that the car starts production next week.

Thanks,

Dave

Has this issue been resolved yet? Horse? Marc@Kentucky?

Congrats to Bob...Pics are much appreciated and the premier interior looks great. Have fun with the car!

I talked with VOPC this morning....car still on quality hold, no reason given. I can't figure out why those built June 5th remain on quality hold but their must be a real problem....I'm almost reaching the point that if I don't know why the car is being held I don't want to take delivery!

MTC8966 we are apparently dealing with the same issue....any thoughts??

my guess is that even after all of the inquiries related to the 'T88' body style recognition with the VOPC, that management (who controls the VOPC/computer system/ telecom system etc..), has decided just to give all who seek an automated status regarding the Shelby, the middle finger.

As best I can tell Ford seems to be giving everybody, including their dealers, the middle finger.....hmmm, wonder if that has anything to do with their problems. Here I am trying to support an American Company and I can't seem to get any credible info regarding a cor I ordered over 3 months ago and that was built over 3 weeks ago!!

Finally some new info!! Guess you're gonna be one of the first to be built after the shutdown. Can't wait to see pics.

Chip

Don't ask me why, but my prediction is for 7/18.

As best I can tell Ford seems to be giving everybody, including their dealers, the middle finger.....hmmm, wonder if that has anything to do with their problems. Here I am trying to support an American Company and I can't seem to get any credible info regarding a cor I ordered over 3 months ago and that was built over 3 weeks ago!!

I don't want to make excuses for Ford, but in opinion (since I work in information technology), it seems like it is an "integration" issue between Ford and Mazda. This joint venture between Ford and Mazda is unique and it involves information sharing between the Ford and the AAI and the Mazda domains. Not to mention external interfaces to carriers and carriers giving feedback to Ford/AAI/Mazda. It is kind of like when one cable company buys another one, and because they don't do a good job of transisitioning the computer platforms from one to the other, you get some overlap and you get some downright gaps and you get some silos. I think that when some get the right information, they happened across the right silo.

Given that Ford and Mazda has not hired me to integrate their systems so that they can communicate with one consistent voice, my guess is that the whole thing is outsourced to India someplace, and you know what you're going to get there....

My $0.02

Given that Ford and Mazda has not hired me to integrate their systems so that they can communicate with one consistent voice, my guess is that the whole thing is outsourced to India someplace, and you know what you're going to get there....

My $0.02

Probably about the average wage there too ($0.02/hr)

I don't want to make excuses for Ford, but in opinion (since I work in information technology), it seems like it is an "integration" issue between Ford and Mazda. This joint venture between Ford and Mazda is unique and it involves information sharing between the Ford and the AAI and the Mazda domains. Not to mention external interfaces to carriers and carriers giving feedback to Ford/AAI/Mazda. It is kind of like when one cable company buys another one, and because they don't do a good job of transisitioning the computer platforms from one to the other, you get some overlap and you get some downright gaps and you get some silos. I think that when some get the right information, they happened across the right silo.

My $0.02

I have to agree with you. Being in IT myself, it take months for acquistions, Due Diligence, Intergations are extremely lengthy. Try fitting another system into another requires many changes. In todays IT world, I know we have enough work for the next 10 years, while many holdups occur due to compliance changes, SOX requirements, and business related changes, Disaster Recovery Testing, software / hardware upgrades, interfaces with 3rd parties, on and on and on. Conversions are long and it is impossible to keep up with the users requirements and business changes. Though real time processes are mandatory and require most of the days hours to keep the regions up to surface the different time zones, (east / west coast / GDC off shore groups) nightly batch windows become to dwindle.

Ford faces challanges just like any other company in IT.

And in a struggling company such as Ford, the quality of IT is not a priority because it is an expense and thus directly affects the bottom line.

Yes it is, and has no value customer value.

In my IT of course it is an expense, but each project is conducted based on ROI and customer product focus. We deal strickly with financing, from small office products, autos, fleets, med equipment, Rail Roads, private and commercial planes / jets. So all our changes are directly related to finance, reduce credit approval times, and various financial structures. So ours are directly related to increase customer base and keep that footprint in the sand (returning customer), and of course being competative, while providing customer service systems.

This was all great for companies several years ago going off shore to reduce cost, but I have always said, it will diminish one day because every company is doing it, and there only so much you can cut.

I heard a speach from one of my past company's CIO state, we like to cut head staff 10% a year, well if you calculate that, in a few years, you would only have 1 person working.

Interesting thing is, GDC's costs are going up, "cuts into profits" where do we go from here.

The challange is, cut head staff, and customer focus application and demands suffers. Increase head saff, of course profits also take a hit. R&D is mandatory to produce the best, reliable product, but quality must be present to keep that footprint.

It reminds me of yester-year, when you always purchased your gasoline at the same station, who also fixed your flats, changed your oil, etc. Today, no such thing as customer loyality, it is all competative.

Just like buying a car and you finance it, the finance guy tells you yes you got the loan, but you have no idea who picked you up. What happened to when you went to your local bank. When I bought my 05 stang, I went to my local bank and asked for a loan (remind you I have cash there in CD's). They told me you are better off getting it from your dealer because we charge too much. The and wanted 9.75% and the dealer got it for me for 5.75% a finance Credit Union that I never even knew exsisted.

FORD, GM, Chrylser, etc depend on customer loyality, but do they really care? They might. Ford, GM Chrysler really want the financing piece, though they are under a different profit center. But they are also are not willing to go the distance.

In 1992 I bought a GMC truck but GMAC would not finance it. Chrysler financed it. In 1994 I purchased a Chevy Blazer, again GMAC would not take the paper, Ford (FMC) did. In 2005 I bought a 2005 Mustang, FMC would not take the paper so a credit Union did. You figure, what the hell they are all doing.

The only thing I can figure, because I once worked for an auto finance company and lets just say it was ABC Finance, so if you purchased a ABC car at a dealership, the dealer would tell you 10% while the ABC Finance charge 9% and the dealer is getting a 1% kickback from the fiance company each month you make that payment. There are so many kick backs and reserves going on, I think the auo finance people at dealer ships know just where to go for their own interest. "of Course"

SORRY FOR BEING OFF TOPIC.

Edited by makemystang

Well I called the EVOL today and she said "

As of 7/18/06 (i guess she meant 6/18/06) your unit is scheduled to be built the week of July 17th 2006 with an estimated arrival date the week of August 3rd 2006"

Hope they stay on target, I would hate to see any commodity holds or set backs.

FLASHFEARLESS - our cars are on the same week. Have you checked the EROL for an expected deilvery date? Also pay attention to the as of date.

My $0.02

This has NOTHING to do with this problem whatsoever. Ford and AAI have been integrated for a long while now.

Ford has new models nearly every year and they update the VOPC all of the time to accomodate. My guess is that they will also choose to ignore requests for any new mustang models like Boss etc..

Edited by awatters

As of 7/18/06 (i guess she meant 6/18/06) your unit is scheduled to be built the week of July 17th 2006 with an estimated arrival date the week of August 3rd 2006"

FLASHFEARLESS - our cars are on the same week. Have you checked the EROL for an expected deilvery date? Also pay attention to the as of date.

I don't think that 7/18 is an error. Read some of Kzinti's post in the '06 section - I think it means that they're lining up parts for your car and the expected availability date is 7/18/06.

Yes, I did and I got updated on the delivery date (see signature). No, I think that the ERL means 7/18. Which is why I am assuming that this is my targeted build date...

Yes, I did and I got updated on the delivery date (see signature). No, I think that the ERL means 7/18. Which is why I am assuming that this is my targeted build date...

That's how mine worked out. ERL kept saying "as of June 16, you vehicle is scheduled to be built week of June 12, 2006". Mine was built on the 16th.

Chip in SC

VOPC told me that my GT/CS was produced today. It should be here around July 8! :happy feet: I'll get pics out once it arrives.

VOPC had another update last night. The GT/CS is on the railcar headed my way. It says it's due the "week of July 1". I'm hoping it gets here this week, we'll see. I wonder how long it takes to get a car from Flynt to Massachusetts. :bandance:

Hi,

Just checking in should I post info here or call: just in case

Dealer No. F13146

2007 Mustang cov premium (GT/CS) with cloth top

Body: T85

Order No. 0620

THanks for all your help. might be to soon ordered on 6/20

Hi,

Just checking in should I post info here or call: just in case

Dealer No. F13146

2007 Mustang cov premium (GT/CS) with cloth top

Body: T85

Order No. 0620

THanks for all your help. might be to soon ordered on 6/20

Call the Evil Robot Lady. 800.962.3746

hey guys-

I got a reply from Ford friday- asking for a phone number...talked to an associate of Mr Giombetti for 25 minutes- they LIKE to hear from customers, LIKE feedback, and he promised to fwd the info on Kzinti along- the guy I spoke with understood he'd have wanted the same on a car he was waiting for, etc...anyone with a few minutes that might want to send an email to some Vice Presidents at Ford, PM for their addresses... weird thing was, the email was sent 2~2.5 weeks ago- so its apparently been making its rounds.

BTW- while Kzinti's away, if you need some help in tracking your cars, the guy I spoke with said If I ever needed any help following an order, to give him a call/email, he'd be glad to help...I kinda think hes gonna have the dealer/ERL info though, but he seemed to think otherwise. Anyway, nice guy, willing to help out buyers.

Kinda funny how you cant get much contact except thru dealers(if they will take the time) yet if you do get ahold of someone higher up at Ford they truly are as concerned as you'd like to think they should be. Now if just a few more folks would get some notes to these guys, perhaps Kzinti wont just fade away- if they hear from enough BUYERS how much this service helps make the wait more exciting than frustrating, perhaps they'll see the light- at least the topic is still circulating from VP levels downward...Like I told them, Ford already has a kind of 'folk hero' in the anonymous Kzinti charcter, and if they could build on that, theyd be doing the right thing...for buyers and for the originator of the concept.

Edited by ford4v429