Have you seen the Mustang's sequential taillights yet?

I spotted a new Mustang turning right with the blinkers on and I was impressed with the sequential system it has.

Is it taking from the heritage of the Mercury Cougar though? Will we ever see a Cougar anyway?

Just thinking aloud.

IIRC the '65 Thunderbird had them first. '67 Shleby's had them too. :shades:

All I have to say is that its nice to see Ford put this on the car...its a small feature that doesn't cost much but is still cool. Only thing that sucks is for the aftermarket guys

Anyone have a little video of them working? I've heard of them, but haven't seen them yet.

Swizco

IIRC the '65 Thunderbird had them first. '67 Shleby's had them too. :shades:

They were supposed to appear on the '64 T-Birds but were delayed due in part to Pennsylvania's refusal to permit sequential lights under its vehicle code. The '67 Shelby used Cougar units without the chrome grilles. "68-'70 Shelbys used the '65 T-bird units.

I have an aftermarket set of LED sequentials in my '64 1/2 that plug right in to the 1157 sockets. All that was required was to change the flasher to a slower unit. The new Mustang looks great with the signal on. It does get your attention.

All I have to say is that its nice to see Ford put this on the car...its a small feature that doesn't cost much but is still cool. Only thing that sucks is for the aftermarket guys

I love the sequential signals, especially since they're LEDs. I've only seen one '05-'09 Mustang with (aftermarket) sequentials.

I love the sequential signals, especially since they're LEDs. I've only seen one '05-'09 Mustang with (aftermarket) sequentials.

I have the aftermarket seq. from CDC on my GT500, Though I never see them. :hysterical:

Edited by wildosvt

I have the aftermarket seq. from CDC on my GT500, Though I never see them. :hysterical:

Well you're not down here in Fort Lauderdale, are you? How would I've seen you. I'm not saying people don't have them, I'm just saying I haven't seen many.

Speaking of GT500s.....this one arrived at my local dealer today:

10gt5002.jpg

10gt500.jpg

(putting on flame suit) I was stating that I have them, But I don't get to see them (on my car. As in, I drive it). I don't normally see many with them either.

I know, and I meant that in a joking manner if you didn't realize it.

I definitely like the idea of sequential turn signals, although after seeing the LED version, the "regular" incandescent version doesn't look as good, IMO.