2010 F150

Blacksheep

If I remember correctly the 6.2L Raptor won't be available until next January.

Thanks. I hope this engine package doesnt fall through. I want one in the worst way.

Will this motor, maybe detuned but I hope not, be available in the rest of the F150 line at some time?

I want a 6.2 equiped Raptor. Any idea when these will be available?

The 2010 F-150 is available for sale at Ford dealer lots in Metro Detroit. There are many of them on dealer lots already. The only difference I noticed is that the 5.4 has flex fuel badges on tailgate and I'm sure there are new colors offered. Bill Brown Ford in Metro Detroit has a new Raptor for sale in Sport Blue. Pretty cool looking truck and looks better in person than in pictures. Very muscular looking, but it doesn't have the 6.2 V8.

I have a question I am hoping one of you can answer about the new F-150's. I am in the process of buying one but the salesmen that I have talked to have not been able to give me a satisfactory answer. Is there a difference in quality between the different types of Leather seats available in the Lariet? The seats in my brothers 03 are starting to crack and I would like to avoid that if it is possible. Thanks,

I have a question I am hoping one of you can answer about the new F-150's. I am in the process of buying one but the salesmen that I have talked to have not been able to give me a satisfactory answer. Is there a difference in quality between the different types of Leather seats available in the Lariet? The seats in my brothers 03 are starting to crack and I would like to avoid that if it is possible. Thanks,

IMO if you're going to lease...get the leather...buy and don't. The only leather worth its weight is in the King Ranch.

Think we spoke about this in another thread, but it's all in how you take care of the leather. If you clean and condition the leather once a month or every other month, it should last quite a while and not crack. This is the biggest problem with people who buy leather and don't take care of it. Had an '02 F150 for 4yrs, cleaned/conditioned the leather at least once every 2 months and at the time of trading it for my '06 F150, there still were no cracks and the dealer was amazed with how well the leather looked. They could tell by the entire truck how well I took care of it.

IMO if you're going to lease...get the leather...buy and don't. The only leather worth its weight is in the King Ranch.

Now I'm not sure about the '09+ F150s, but the cloth seats in the 04-08 F150s stain really easy. We're talking a few drops of plain water will stain them. Now you can clean them and get them out, but is a pain in the rear. Wish I had opted for the leather in my '06. Would much rather clean/condition the seats once in a while, than have to fight to keep stupid stains out of the seats from stuff that shouldn't stain the seats.

Edited by V8-X

Now I'm not sure about the '09+ F150s, but the cloth seats in the 04-08 F150s stain really easy. We're talking a few drops of plain water will stain them. Now you can clean them and get them out, but is a pain in the rear. Wish I had opted for the leather in my '06. Would much rather clean/condition the seats once in a while, than have to fight to keep stupid stains out of the seats from stuff that shouldn't stain the seats.

+1...same goes for my '05.

Think we spoke about this in another thread, but it's all in how you take care of the leather. If you clean and condition the leather once a month or every other month, it should last quite a while and not crack. This is the biggest problem with people who buy leather and don't take care of it. Had an '02 F150 for 4yrs, cleaned/conditioned the leather at least once every 2 months and at the time of trading it for my '06 F150, there still were no cracks and the dealer was amazed with how well the leather looked. They could tell by the entire truck how well I took care of it.

Thanks alot for the info, I always appreciate hearing from someone with practical experience before I make my decision. Just placed the order for my new Ingot Silver 2010 Lariet supercrew 4x4 with the heated and cooled captains chairs and just about every option but navigation this morning. Thanks,

Edited by Blacksheep

Thanks alot for the info, I always appreciate hearing from someone with practical experience before I make my decision. Just placed the order for my new Ingot Silver 2010 Lariet supercrew 4x4 with the heated and cooled captains chairs and just about every option but navigation this morning. Thanks,

Glad to hear you ordered the truck. Sounds like it'll be a beauty and I'm more than sure you'll enjoy it. The leather, just like the paint and motor and everything about any vehicle, needs a little TLC here and there. Make sure to post up some pics for us to drool over when you get her!

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I'm thinking that's a little over-kill on conditioning the leather. I had my '04 Lariat 5 years, and only cleaned and conditioned it twice a year, down here in the hot Texas heat...and heard the same story from my dealer when I traded it for the '09 KR. And, it did still look like new. Ford just recommends cleaning/conditioning KR leather twice a year, so that definitely should be plenty for non-aniline leathers.

Edited by KRMick