Ford can't build more Escapes

It was that or a Minivan (which Ford doesn't make) and my sister wouldn't be found dead in! LOL

Did they consider the Edge or was it still not big enough?

I thought the Edge was designed as a replacement for the older and slightly smaller Explorer

Edited by jpd80

Sorry people, no offence intended to UAW people, I wasn't aware I said anything out of line

I merely suggested that there was an amicable solution to the problem

that didn't disadvantage anyone concerned....:shrug:.

Edited by jpd80

I am curious as to why my posts were edited/deleted.

Because I've had my fill of the following things:

1) UAW members treating the UAW like a sacred and holy institution, to be defended with all violence and fury whenever it is questioned.

2) UAW haters who treat the UAW like a monstrous parasite, evil and destructive.

Both of you act exactly the same. You're both unreasonable, unpersuadable, and vicious when the subject comes up, and I've put up with it long enough. It's over.

The whole plant was surveyed to work, they almost had enough, but not enough to ensure a quality unit would be produced. It just happened to be 'bad-timing' in the middle of everything going on; C4C, planned vacation shutdown, Ford Escape sales kicking butt, job-rebalancing, New Model Year, etc., etc. Many people wanted to work, but couldn't. Many people did work to try to get as many jobs repaired and completed so as many customers could get their unit as quickly as possible. It had NOTHING to do with Labor entirely or with Management entirely. It is what it is, because of the luck of the draw. No one could have predicted what C4C was going to do.

Did they consider the Edge or was it still not big enough?

I thought the Edge was designed as a replacement for the older and slightly smaller Explorer

I dunno, I talked to my sister about it and my brother in law is a bit dilutional when it comes to cars...he wanted to get a Minivan, which my sister doesn't want to be caught dead in, since they get good MPG, supposedly. So I said to my sister...well the Flex gets the same MPG as a minivan, but he didn't like the styling on it but she did. They winded up getting a V6 Escape, which surprised me, since I'd thought they go the I4 route if they where worried about MPGs :confused: But yet he has a new 2010 Fusion Hybrid...

The whole plant was surveyed to work, they almost had enough, but not enough to ensure a quality unit would be produced. It just happened to be 'bad-timing' in the middle of everything going on; C4C, planned vacation shutdown, Ford Escape sales kicking butt, job-rebalancing, New Model Year, etc., etc. Many people wanted to work, but couldn't. Many people did work to try to get as many jobs repaired and completed so as many customers could get their unit as quickly as possible. It had NOTHING to do with Labor entirely or with Management entirely. It is what it is, because of the luck of the draw. No one could have predicted what C4C was going to do.

Thanks for the heads up. It's good to see that it just couldn't happen, and not ignorance or stupidity on anybody's fault.

I imagine it would not only be a "Ford" issue but a supplier issue as well. You can only build as many vehicles as the suppliers can provide.

It is a shame. Ford lost sales here in south Florida because there were too few Fusions, Focuses, and Escapes.

Maybe I am wrong, but it think it is much better to have more demand than product. Sure it is frustrating especially for the sales consultants and customer, but that demand should carry over to future months, and hopefully Ford can match the demand, but not be pressured into over producing which messes up for solid MSRP sales.

Edited by MKII

Maybe I am worng, but it think it is much better to have more demand than product. Sure it is frustrating especially for the sales consultants and customer, but that demand should carry over to future months, and hopefully Ford can match the demand, but not be pressured into over producing which messes up for solid MSRP sales.

C4C last minute mad rush is over now.