New Compact Caddy SUV

kach22i

I love the hint of the tailfin in the rear lights. I didn't like the SRX in the GM photos when it was first released (the side swoop and fender vent looked like overkill), but in natural light it looks really good. I'd love to see a Caddy sedan adopt some of these cues. Oh, and it's nice to see the Cadillac script make a return appearance stamped the rear chrome bar.

I really don't find it impressive in any way.

It looks nice, but as you said, not overly impressive in my book.

All it is is "Cadillac" (is it still called 'Art & Science?) design thrown over a CUV canvas.....tall head and taillights, crisp/hard-edged lines, etc. Caddy's new sedans (ATS and XTS) will just be up- and down-sized CTS'.

I don't really like the fins, and the interior is pretty similar to the CTS.

Overall, I'm not a big fan of Caddy's crisp "Art & Science" (or whatever it's called now). It (and really any styling like that) doesn't age well at all, IMO.....just look at the original CTS:

Copy%20of%202002%20Cadillac%20Cts.jpg

and compare it to a similar age vehicle, the LS

00115201990005-480.jpg

And you could use other vehicles for comparison, not just the LS.

Never really was much of a fan of the first gen CTS (I liked the STS a lot more), but I think the second gen looks really good and is one of the best designs Cadillac has done in decades. They nailed that design, IMO.

Cadillac%20CTS%20-%202008.jpg

They should've had the bottom of the upper grille line up with the line that extends from the bottom of the headlight.

I kind of liked the new SRX in pictures - but seeing one on the road today ruined it for me. The proportions are all wrong, especially the front it. At least with the CTS, the proportions dance on the line between "ok" and "cartoony." The SRX ran far past that line. The grille looks absurd in real life. And yes, the interiors are extremely similar. If you look at both back-to-back, you can see that there are slight changes, but it still obviously shares the same hard points and a few bin parts.

Still have to say, as mentioned in another thread, looks like the Equinox. Sure a little touch here, some slight sheetmetal change there, but still a Caddy version of the Equinox. Saw one last week (Thu or Fri) at a traffic light. Other than obvious caddy front clip, tail lamps and slopped roof, it screamed "expensive Equinox". Sorry, but not attractive at all to me.

Edited by V8-X