obamas simulus package has failed,and no one has the balls to say so...

biggtone

http://money.aol.com/article/jobs/employer...xpected/696068#

Unemployment Rates Hits 9.8 Percent

By CHRISTOPHER S. RUGABER , AP

posted: ONE MINUTE AGOfiled under: Financial CrisisPrintShareText SizeAAAWASHINGTON (Oct. 2) - The U.S. unemployment rate rose to 9.8 percent in September as employers cut far more jobs than expected, evidence that the longest recession since the 1930s is still inflicting widespread pain.

The Labor Department said Friday that the economy lost a net total of 263,000 jobs last month, up from a downwardly revised 201,000 in August. That's above Wall Street economists' expectations of 180,000 job losses, according to a survey by Thomson Reuters.

The unemployment rate rose from 9.7 percent in August, matching expectations.

If laid-off workers who have settled for part-time work or have given up looking for new jobs are included, the unemployment rate rose to 17 percent, the highest on records dating from 1994.

More than a half-million unemployed Americans gave up looking for work last month. Had they continued searching, the official jobless rate would have been higher.

All told, 15.1 million Americans are now out of work, the department said. And more than 7.1 million jobs have been eliminated since the recession began in December 2007.

Many analysts expect the economy grew at a healthy clip in the July-September quarter, technically ending the recession, but few think the recovery will be strong enough to lower the jobless rate. Most economists expect the rate to top 10 percent and keep climbing.

The economy has received a boost from the Cash for Clunkers auto rebate program and other government stimulus efforts, but many economists believe that growth will slow in the current quarter and early next year as the impact of those programs fade.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Thursday that even if the economy were to grow at a 3 percent pace in the coming quarters, it would not be enough to quickly drive down the unemployment rate. Bernanke said the rate is likely to remain above 9 percent through the end of 2010.

Persistently high unemployment could weaken the recovery as consumers, concerned about their jobs and incomes, restrain spending. Consumer spending accounts for about 70 percent of the U.S. economy.

Hourly earnings rose by a penny last month, while weekly wages fell $1.54 to $616.11.

The average hourly work week fell back to a record low of 33 in September, the department said. That figure is important because economists are looking for companies to add more hours for current workers before they hire new ones.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

2009-10-02 06:14:51

http://money.aol.com/article/jobs/employer...xpected/696068#

Unemployment Rates Hits 9.8 Percent

By CHRISTOPHER S. RUGABER , AP

posted: ONE MINUTE AGOfiled under: Financial CrisisPrintShareText SizeAAAWASHINGTON (Oct. 2) - The U.S. unemployment rate rose to 9.8 percent in September as employers cut far more jobs than expected, evidence that the longest recession since the 1930s is still inflicting widespread pain.

The Labor Department said Friday that the economy lost a net total of 263,000 jobs last month, up from a downwardly revised 201,000 in August. That's above Wall Street economists' expectations of 180,000 job losses, according to a survey by Thomson Reuters.

The unemployment rate rose from 9.7 percent in August, matching expectations.

If laid-off workers who have settled for part-time work or have given up looking for new jobs are included, the unemployment rate rose to 17 percent, the highest on records dating from 1994.

More than a half-million unemployed Americans gave up looking for work last month. Had they continued searching, the official jobless rate would have been higher.

All told, 15.1 million Americans are now out of work, the department said. And more than 7.1 million jobs have been eliminated since the recession began in December 2007.

Many analysts expect the economy grew at a healthy clip in the July-September quarter, technically ending the recession, but few think the recovery will be strong enough to lower the jobless rate. Most economists expect the rate to top 10 percent and keep climbing.

The economy has received a boost from the Cash for Clunkers auto rebate program and other government stimulus efforts, but many economists believe that growth will slow in the current quarter and early next year as the impact of those programs fade.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Thursday that even if the economy were to grow at a 3 percent pace in the coming quarters, it would not be enough to quickly drive down the unemployment rate. Bernanke said the rate is likely to remain above 9 percent through the end of 2010.

Persistently high unemployment could weaken the recovery as consumers, concerned about their jobs and incomes, restrain spending. Consumer spending accounts for about 70 percent of the U.S. economy.

Hourly earnings rose by a penny last month, while weekly wages fell $1.54 to $616.11.

The average hourly work week fell back to a record low of 33 in September, the department said. That figure is important because economists are looking for companies to add more hours for current workers before they hire new ones.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

2009-10-02 06:14:51

I'll say it....it has failed....he is a total failure....

I'll say it....it has failed....he is a total failure....

Cnn just announced Chicago has been dropped in the 2016 Olympic bidding. Obama failed again, Chicago and U.S.A. losses millions of tourist money.

We need the repubs back in power, so they can finish off whats left of the middle class. Shut down the dinosaur US auto industry, get rid of all unions because workers should have no rights. Just ask Mitt Romney!

And I'll look forward to being in the unemployment line waiting for benefits to run out(13 weeks unempoyed, and can't find a job you must be lazy and don't want one. And if you can't afford to pay for your own healthcare, then don't get sick, if you do, then die quickly!

So... do you mean he has not fixed Bush's recession yet?

Or do you mean that the half measures passed in the name of bi-partisanship have not been enough?

Let me refresh your memory....obama said that the stimulus bill had to be passed right away (just like he tried with healthcare, "fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you") in order to keep unemployment below 8.5%......today it's 9.4%......he does not know what he's doing.....biden was pathetic today as he announced the new levels......yeah, the recession happened while Bush was president but the dems were in control of Congress when it occured......

lol...so it didn't keep unemployment below 8.5 its still far below what Reagan increased the unemployment rate to. And i am suprised you forget that it took four years to get unployment back to the level it was when he entered office. obviously supply side economics works so much faster.....lol

then again there's an interesting fact.

Bush last year inflation increased 2.7 percent to 7.6

Obama's first year it increased 2.2 percent to 9.8

Nice try...none of those guys are now the president....obama is....their records are what they are....but they are excuses for obama's failure.....how far back you want to go.....

To fix the problem you first have to address it. The stimulus was never a fix, it was a temporary bandage to slow the bleeding of jobs. Job loss went from 700k a month during the Bush era, down to 250k monthly, it served it's purpose. It was also the same strategy his predecessor used his entire presidency. Once he gets the d-cks to quit politicizing health care on capital hill, he can then concentrate on trade reform. Trade reform is the only thing that will fix the underlying problem causing our job loss in this country. Are you same people bashing Obama going to also fight trade reform when he concentrates on it? Are you going to let the same media tell you why we should not reform trade, are you also going to let there fear mongering and talk of capitalism guide your opinion then?

Edited by Furious1Auto

To fix the problem you first have to address it. The stimulus was never a fix, it was a temporary bandage to slow the bleeding of jobs. Job loss went from 700k a month during the Bush era, down to 250k monthly, it served it's purpose. It was also the same strategy his predecessor used his entire presidency. Once he gets the d-cks to quit politicizing health care on capital hill, he can then concentrate on trade reform. Trade reform is the only thing that will fix the underlying problem causing our job loss in this country. Are you same people bashing Obama going to also fight trade reform when he concentrates on it? Are you going to let the same media tell you why we should not reform trade, are you also going to let there fear mongering and talk of capitalism guide your opinion then?

It has not fixed the problem.......the stimulus was pushed as a "jobs bill"......and now we are standing at 9.8% and rising...even the WH says it will go to 10%...........

The Loony Right's hero Glen Beck.... shown up as the two bit fraud he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4I2f0ZO6g

He is just yanking your chain, and you are falling for it. He is doing this to prove how gullible the left is. He did the same thing with a frog. He pretended to throw it into boiling water, and you guys went nuts. You are afraid to actually listen to what he is saying, so instead, you look for stupid reasons to attack him personally. He is trying to make that point by setting you up, but you are too stupid to even understand that.

It has not fixed the problem.......the stimulus was pushed as a "jobs bill"......and now we are standing at 9.8% and rising...even the WH says it will go to 10%...........

Listen dick,

The average rate of unemployment stays around 4.5 to 5.7% the difference is 4.3% and the joblessness started after the housing bubble burst in your Bush's term. Yes it is true Obama is president, and yes it is true that the unemployment rate is higher now then it has been since the great depression, but it is the policies of the last a-shole that served this country as commander and chief that have aggravated this problem. This sh-t started with NAFTA back in Herbert Walker's Term. George senior forged NATA, Clinton signed off on it in his first days in office, and Jr. passed several more free trade agreements. People are not working because of trade policy, job outsourcing, and not because of 6 months of a democratic presidency you f-cking idiot! I'll just sit quit and enjoy reading people with common sense tear you apart after you tell me have no idea what I am talking about!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto

The Loony Right's hero Glen Beck.... shown up as the two bit fraud he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4I2f0ZO6g

He is just yanking your chain, and you are falling for it. He is doing this to prove how gullible the left is. He did the same thing with a frog. He pretended to throw it into boiling water, and you guys went nuts. You are afraid to actually listen to what he is saying, so instead, you look for stupid reasons to attack him personally. He is trying to make that point by setting you up, but you are too stupid to even understand that.

Gee.... it does look like someone has been taken in by Glen Beck's lies.

Listen dick,

The average rate of unemployment stays around 4.5 to 5.7% the difference is 4.3% and the joblessness started after the housing bubble burst in your Bush's term. Yes it is true Obama is president, and yes it is true that the unemployment rate is higher now then it has been since the great depression, but it is the policies of the last a-shole that served this country as commander and chief that have aggravated this problem. This sh-t started with NAFTA back in Herbert Walker's Term. George senior forged NATA, Clinton signed off on it in his first days in office, and Jr. passed several more free trade agreements. People are not working because of trade policy, job outsourcing, and not because of 6 months of a democratic presidency you f-cking idiot! I'll just sit quit and enjoy reading people with common sense tear you apart after you tell me have no idea what I am talking about!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Wow, I thought it would take more than that to shut you up......but I understand..you are unable to expalin this failure...other than to try to blame someone else...well I'm here to tell you, the American people have had enough...that's why you see all these tea parties and demonstrations.....and now all of a sudden the public option is being dropped......they're starting to listen...to us!

If it wasn't for President Obama and the Dems, GM and Chrysler would be out of business and Ford would be filing for bankrupcy because of no parts. You would be part of the unemployed with no subpay. I don't know of any auto worker who can survive on $1600 per month. The repubs don't care about you unless you make big dollars and donate to them. If this healthcare with the public option does not pass you will see your healthcare greatly reduced and your co-pays increase.

lol...so it didn't keep unemployment below 8.5 its still far below what Reagan increased the unemployment rate to. And i am suprised you forget that it took four years to get unployment back to the level it was when he entered office. obviously supply side economics works so much faster.....lol

then again there's an interesting fact.

Bush last year inflation increased 2.7 percent to 7.6

Obama's first year it increased 2.2 percent to 9.8

The only problem I have with this is that you are comparing apples to oranges because they have changed the way they calculate unemployment. Calculate it the same way and see where we stand.

If it wasn't for President Obama and the Dems, GM and Chrysler would be out of business and Ford would be filing for bankrupcy because of no parts. You would be part of the unemployed with no subpay. I don't know of any auto worker who can survive on $1600 per month. The repubs don't care about you unless you make big dollars and donate to them. If this healthcare with the public option does not pass you will see your healthcare greatly reduced and your co-pays increase.
The repubs don't care about you unless you make big dollars and donate to them.

Go to the federal election commission's web site and see who donates to the dems and then come back and talk about it.......ask your brothers and sisters at Saturn how they liked the GM bailout....

in fact let me help you; the top 2 recipients of campaign funds from Counrtywide, were obama and h. clinton.....

Edited by napfirst

Go to the federal election commission's web site and see who donates to the dems and then come back and talk about it.......ask your brothers and sisters at Saturn how they liked the GM bailout....

in fact let me help you; the top 2 recipients of campaign funds from Counrtywide, were obama and h. clinton.....

:beatdeadhorse: man you hunt everywhere for ANYONE to listen to the bleating...amazing! WE GET IT NAP, YOU HATE ANY FORM OF GOVERNMENT AND YOU ARE NOT HAPPY UNLESS YOU ARE COMPLAINING!! ( PS, everyone, i doubt he will respond, i think I'm on his permanent ignore list along with everyone else that questions his veiws in the slightest ) Edited by Deanh

:beatdeadhorse: man you hunt everywhere for ANYONE to listen to the bleating...amazing! WE GET IT NAP, YOU HATE ANY FORM OF GOVERNMENT AND YOU ARE NOT HAPPY UNLESS YOU ARE COMPLAINING!! ( PS, everyone, i doubt he will respond, i think I'm on his permanent ignore list along with everyone else that questions his veiws in the slightest )

+100

maybe he/she will ignore everyone at bof

You're wasting your time on here napfirst. Judging from most of the posts on this site they need the government to hold their hand. For everybody else, Go Obama He's going to take care of your healthcare,keep you in your homes even if you don't pay for them,extend your unemployment forever,put a foodbank on every corner,raise your kids for you and teach them songs of his praise,and bring the special olympics to chitown. He's soooo wonderful

You're wasting your time on here napfirst. Judging from most of the posts on this site they need the government to hold their hand. For everybody else, Go Obama He's going to take care of your healthcare,keep you in your homes even if you don't pay for them,extend your unemployment forever,put a foodbank on every corner,raise your kids for you and teach them songs of his praise,and bring the special olympics to chitown. He's soooo wonderful

what an absolute crock...continue living in fear and embracing sensationalized gossip...YES its bad, but its no-where else as bad as elsewhere....warts amd all, IRRESPECTIVE of whom is running the country you have ZERO idea how good you have it, Govt control here is half assed compared to 99% of other countries....but go ahead, spin away