Watch out Oakville and St. Thomas

bodyman

I know Barney, good guy but come on, he would not have made a difference.

Ya once again Ute you are out of touch.Barney can't even make it to work these days doing plant service...another lazy bastard so I could just imagine how great of job he would have done as chair.

The only thing that could possibly get a yes in St"t is huge severance and even then I'd have a hard time voting for it knowing what a closure does to younger members and my community as a whole.There just doesn't seem to be anything there for any of us in any location.Heck looks like cars that are supposedly going to OAC are not till after 2012 so not sure that promise is worth anything as there'll be another contract.I'm sure most in Oakville realize if this is accepted there will be more concessions in the future or their turn to lose jobs will be coming.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely right, GM and Chrysler have guaranteed the government to those levels.

Who is Ford commiting to? What if they don't? Sorry Ken can't do it, really feel bad, but tough shit.

St.Thomas people if it is all about the "PATTERN" GM Transmission got $125.000, pro-rated pensions and 35000 car vouchers

http://www.caw199.com/pdf/2008-gm-bargaining-report.pdf bottom of page 4 THAT IS THE PATTERN.

The only pattern I see is STAP getting screwed again by the national. But no worries..Whitey said he wouldn't leave till we get product!!

Edited by Stap guy

No matter how the vote go's STAP is done in 2011, Ford is not going to save the plant and there is nothing we or the Union can do about it now.

I will not vote in favour of concessions, I am going to need every penny I can get and use the benefits to the max to take care of myself and my kid's until I walk out the door the last time. And don't preach Solidarity to me for saying I will not accept Concession's it's every plant for them selve's, at STAP we know Oakville will not support us, they did'nt last time and they wont this time.

As for the Union I am going to use my rights under the Labour Law's and redirect my due's to a local charity, yes I have to pay the due's but I do not have to pay them to a Union that can not do anything for me anymore.

I will use the voucher for a free vehicle but it will be the last Ford I ever have.

I bet Lewenza does'nt even have the ball's to show up tomorrow and face the STAP worker's personally.

Edited by stapworker

I like your paper trail of evidence of threats edsel. You should stay out of paint shop, I think you been in the Ecoat booth too long

Can't return your threatening PM for some reason, but do you really need your boys to fight your battles for you?

Ed.

Take a pill, or the 401.

Losing jobs is NOT an easy thing to swallow. Blame that on the assholes who signed NAFTA. We are just trying to survive to shitstorm our passed governments have handed us. Nows not the time to attack each other, I'm truly sorry. I lost it. The enemy is not Ford, or each other. It's our fucking governments that continuously sell out to the global mantra... THE GLOBAL ECONOMY! Fuck the global economy. Let's fix the Canadian economy first!

Ed.

Well Ed, way to man up and apologize for your rage. For that I give you props *EDIT*(this has now been recanted due to the next post)

But my questions now are...

How does losing 1600 more good paying jobs (both for us and the government) help fix our economy?

How does voting yes fix the economy any more than voting no?

How does voting yes to losing ones job help them any more than voting no and riding out the current contract??

Can you be 100% certain that by voting yes they will not be back for more when the next crisis hits?

Why must we always have a non informational, information meeting 1 hour before we are asked to vote our livelyhoods away?

How does turning St Thomas into a ghost town and raising Southwold County property taxes by an unimaginable amount benefit anyone?

So when you come on here demanding us to see your point of view, all we ask is see ours too.

I say we ask for more time to make a true informed decision on the actual contract and all its ratifications and concessions, not a slideshow presentation of the candy coated parts. Then once we have had a chance to digest ALL THE FACTS ( not just the ones they will feed us)

we can truly vote as informed individuals and not go off half cocked. No pun intended

Edited by sparky1520

No matter how the vote go's STAP is done in 2011, Ford is not going to save the plant and there is nothing we or the Union can do about it now.

I will not vote in favour of concessions, I am going to need every penny I can get and use the benefits to the max to take care of myself and my kid's until I walk out the door the last time. And don't preach Solidarity to me for saying I will not accept Concession's it's every plant for them selve's, at STAP we know Oakville will not support us, they did'nt last time and they wont this time.

As for the Union I am going to use my rights under the Labour Law's and redirect my due's to a local charity, yes I have to pay the due's but I do not have to pay them to a Union that can not do anything for me anymore.

I will use the voucher for a free vehicle but it will be the last Ford I ever have.

FUCK YOU and the earth you walk on! "As for the Union I am going to use my rights under the Labour Law's and redirect my due's to a local charity, yes I have to pay the due's but I do not have to pay them to a Union that can not do anything for me anymore. "

Your what's wrong with our Union.....fuck'in traitor!

Ed.

The only pattern I see is STAP getting screwed again by the national. But no worries..Whitey said he wouldn't leave till we get product!!

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO VOTE NO SEND A CLEAR MESSAGE THAT THERE HAS TO BE BETTER JOB SECURITY FOR EVERYBODY AS A UNION NO MORE FUCKING BUYING OUT THE FUCKING UNION GET YOUR FUCKING BALLS OUT AND TEA BAG LEWENZA , HE'S DOING A HALF ASS JOB, THIS HURTS EVERYBODY AS A UNION THERES NOT MANY LEFT, COUNT THEM EVERY JOB LOST IS ANOTHER ONE GOES TO CHINA , INDIA, MEXICO OR WHERE EVER SLAVE LABOUR CAN BE FOUND . SOME DAY IT WILL BE RIGHT BACK WHERE SLAVERY STARTED AFRICA . CORPORATE GREED MY BOTHERS AND SISTERS GREED !

Well Ed, way to man up and apologize for your rage. For that I give you props

How does losing 1600 more good paying jobs (both for us and the government) help fix our economy?

How does voting yes to losing ones job help them any more than voting no and riding out the current contract??

Can you be 100% certain that by voting yes they will not be back for more when the next crisis hits?

Why must we always have a non informational, information meeting 1 hour before we are asked to vote our livelyhoods away?

How does turning St Thomas into a ghost town and raising Southwold County property taxes by an unimaginable amount benefit anyone?

So when you come on here demanding us to see your point of view, all we ask is see ours too.

I say we ask for more time to make a true informed decision on the actual contract and all its ratifications and concessions, not a slideshow presentation of the candy coated parts. Then once we have had a chance to digest ALL THE FACTS ( not just the ones they will feed us)

we can truly vote as informed individuals and not go off half cocked. No pun intended

Go for it. I'm done. If you don't have faith in the recommendations of your bargaining committee, then you and your local is in deep shit.

Ed.

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO VOTE NO SEND A CLEAR MESSAGE THAT THERE HAS TO BE BETTER JOB SECURITY FOR EVERYBODY AS A UNION NO MORE FUCKING BUYING OUT THE FUCKING UNION GET YOUR FUCKING BALLS OUT AND TEA BAG LEWENZA , HE'S DOING A HALF ASS JOB, THIS HURTS EVERYBODY AS A UNION THERES NOT MANY LEFT, COUNT THEM EVERY JOB LOST IS ANOTHER ONE GOES TO CHINA , INDIA, MEXICO OR WHERE EVER SLAVE LABOUR CAN BE FOUND . SOME DAY IT WILL BE RIGHT BACK WHERE SLAVERY STARTED AFRICA . CORPORATE GREED MY BOTHERS AND SISTERS GREED !

Do CAPITALS help? :reading:

Ed.

FUCK YOU and the earth you walk on! "As for the Union I am going to use my rights under the Labour Law's and redirect my due's to a local charity, yes I have to pay the due's but I do not have to pay them to a Union that can not do anything for me anymore. "

Your what's wrong with our Union.....fuck'in traitor!

Ed.

Why am I a traitor ? A traitor turn's on there comrades and stab's them in the back. I said out loud that the Union can't do anything for me anymore so why should I pay them for a service I will not recieve. I will send the money to a Charity that I may need help from in a couple years. If I don't need there help then at least the money went to a good cause.

" Oakville is yet again being taken care of until they fuck it up again and have it taken away when its all said and done"

Real nice. To think I was coming on board with you cry babies. Real nice.

Ed.

Crash and burn, all of you young low seniority babies.

Dude, quit acting all Brody and take a long hard look at yourself. You are the perfect example of whats wrong with the union, a high seniority fuck who has abused his seniority in order to fuck everyone else over. You need to realize that no matter what the seniority, we are all going to lose here and just because you've put a bit more time than others does not make you the high and mighty that you try to act like you are here on these forums. Do everyone a favor and shut the fuck up. With that being said, does 20 years of service qualify as low seniority fuck face? Think about what you have to say before you say it and instead of bashing the people you have the balls to call brothers and sisters, you need to think about who's side you are actually on. Keep to yourself and let the people who actually believe in solidarity have their say on these forums!!!

The bargaining commitee voted unanimously to accept this deal.

Where were dennis and scotts BIG BALLS.

You know the ones they had when they were campaigning.

Contract extension until Sept. 2012

No cuts to base wages, no cuts to pensions, product commitments and a 10% manufacturing footprint, closure agreement for STAP.

Oakville: major refresheing of Edge and MKX.

allocation of new-generation products based on a new global vehicle platform

install capacity for a third shift when market conditions permit.

Windsor:significant additional volume for essex for the Coyote engine

Continuing 5.4 litre production through life of the program

sole source of the coyote engine, 5.4 litre and 6.8 litre

STAP:retirement incentives of $75,000 for production and $90,000 for S/T., for retirement eligible CAW members.

Retirement eligible retirements will also receive a $35,000 vehicle voucher or a lump sum payment of $25,000 in lieu of the voucher.

STEP program reinstated:lump sum payments for non-eligibleretirements of $75,000 with at least 5 but less than 8 years of service, and $100,000 for those with eight or more years of seniority.

STEP eligible employees will also be offered a $30,000 vehicle voucher or a lump sum payment of $25,000

health care coverage(excluding dental) for 6 months

NEW HIRE PROGRAM: start rate:70% of rate and increased by 5% for 6 years to full rate.

new hires will contribute $1 per hour toward the existing defined benefit pension plan.

pension credits will be capped at 30 yrs.

modified SUB and SSW will be introduced to new hires.

TIME OFF THE JOB:40 hours of SPA will be converted to paid vacation hours. the remaining SPA will be eliminated.

10 minute break in a.m., 20 minute paid lunch, 10 minute break in p.m.

I am told that STAP break times remain unchanged since we are closing.

Dude, quit acting all Brody and take a long hard look at yourself. You are the perfect example of whats wrong with the union, a high seniority fuck who has abused his seniority in order to fuck everyone else over. You need to realize that no matter what the seniority, we are all going to lose here and just because you've put a bit more time than others does not make you the high and mighty that you try to act like you are here on these forums. Do everyone a favor and shut the fuck up. With that being said, does 20 years of service qualify as low seniority fuck face? Think about what you have to say before you say it and instead of bashing the people you have the balls to call brothers and sisters, you need to think about who's side you are actually on. Keep to yourself and let the people who actually believe in solidarity have their say on these forums!!!

As easy as saying no..............FUCK YOU!

Ed.

Well Ed, way to man up and apologize for your rage. For that I give you props *EDIT*(this has now been recanted due to the next post)

*Edit* FUCK YOU!

Ed.

Why am I a traitor ? A traitor turn's on there comrades and stab's them in the back. I said out loud that the Union can't do anything for me anymore so why should I pay them for a service I will not recieve. I will send the money to a Charity that I may need help from in a couple years. If I don't need there help then at least the money went to a good cause.

I hope they blackball your ass....don't be late, bring a note.........or your toast.

Ed.

?????

What was Oakville building in '94, and what are they building now? What was STAP building in '94, and what are they building now?

We were working up to 300,000 units a year we are probably at 50% of that now........with a 1000 less people, unless you count the (CAW) Automodular plants. All fine CAW dues paying members.

This deal was done weeks ago, we were waiting for the UAW to vote and then we were allowed to speak.

Nice.

You are a fucking asshole. Plain and simple.....did I just say simple....... you have seen your beloved truck plant go down and now you are hammering a nail in OAC? Simple Simon? Pound your chest you fuck wad. PM me so we can get together so I can slap the fuck out of you head. Simple Simon!!

Ed.

I will not fail to do so. You simpletons are starting to piss me off!

and you are not pissing people off...look in the mirror once in awhile dummy.

Contract extension until Sept. 2012

No cuts to base wages, no cuts to pensions, product commitments and a 10% manufacturing footprint, closure agreement for STAP.

Oakville: major refresheing of Edge and MKX.

allocation of new-generation products based on a new global vehicle platform

install capacity for a third shift when market conditions permit.

Windsor:significant additional volume for essex for the Coyote engine

Continuing 5.4 litre production through life of the program

sole source of the coyote engine, 5.4 litre and 6.8 litre

STAP:retirement incentives of $75,000 for production and $90,000 for S/T., for retirement eligible CAW members.

Retirement eligible retirements will also receive a $35,000 vehicle voucher or a lump sum payment of $25,000 in lieu of the voucher.

STEP program reinstated:lump sum payments for non-eligibleretirements of $75,000 with at least 5 but less than 8 years of service, and $100,000 for those with eight or more years of seniority.

STEP eligible employees will also be offered a $30,000 vehicle voucher or a lump sum payment of $25,000

health care coverage(excluding dental) for 6 months

NEW HIRE PROGRAM: start rate:70% of rate and increased by 5% for 6 years to full rate.

new hires will contribute $1 per hour toward the existing defined benefit pension plan.

pension credits will be capped at 30 yrs.

modified SUB and SSW will be introduced to new hires.

TIME OFF THE JOB:40 hours of SPA will be converted to paid vacation hours. the remaining SPA will be eliminated.

10 minute break in a.m., 20 minute paid lunch, 10 minute break in p.m.

I am told that STAP break times remain unchanged since we are closing.

You forgot this part.....

Ford has also committed to providing funds to set up an action

centre to assist workers who are unemployed as a result of the closure.

The commitment for the new global platform is huge for OAP, meaning they will become one of 7 assembly plants in NA. Also means that they will be going on 3 shifts when the platforms in place and the economy turns around. STAPers need to find out if they'll have preferential hiring at OAP, or even Windsor. OAP will need approx 1000 people for a 3rd shift. The 10% commitment is actually better then the projected 8% when Stap closes.

STAP was/is closing regardless of these negotiations. All you could hope for was a good severance, preferential hiring etc. Oh and you can hide that big payout. You need to get in touch with the right financial adviser.

Anyway, I'll be at the meeting to hear the details before I start screaming good/bad indifferent. From what I see so far, I'm voting yes.

I also look at it this way. We elected our representatives, and they in turn negotiate the best contract they feel they can get. For any of you to suggest that these guys are doing something to screw us is kind of lame. I don't buy it. All the reps from all the plants agree with this contract.

One last thing...I saw someone refer to the UAW having balls, and us being the pansies....I say to you, that our proposed contracts are different.

Good luck to all over the weekend, and remember if you're unsure about anything ask questions, and listen to what is said before making your final decision.

Oh and Ed...take a downer dude. I know it's frustrating but name calling and such gets all of US nowhere.

Edited by guilt trip