Cheap Chinese parts is now the norm...

twintornados

Went shopping for some new front rotors and pads for my beloved Fusion... 78.5K and now is time for new brakes (not breaks...LOL) had the rears done by the dealership while it was in for an accident repair back in Feb. but the fronts were still ok...getting there...but OK at that time. Pads were down to under approx. 2/32's of material, overall..I am pleased with the way they held up. So, off the the auto parts stores I go......

Every last place only had Chinese made rotors from all the usual brands...you name it...Chinese...Raybestos, Wagner, Bendix, NAPA, even Motorcraft rotors were made in China...DAMN :censored: ...the dealer did however have a set of Ford O.E. rotors in stock but they were pricey....9E5Z-1125-A rotor assembly was about 30 dollars more per unit than anyone else (made in Mexico by Ford).....I bought them and put them on the car with a good set of Motorcraft (made in the USA) pads. I would have preferred USA made rotors too (or even Canadian made) but could not find anything at all. So...Mexican it is...ah well, my car is made there too so....

Very frustrating day, but the repair was easy as heck and car stops like it should...no shudders, no shakes, no drama.....

Demand better people.....there are thousands of Americans losing their jobs since everyone wants to chintz on parts....I had Chinese rotors once before on an older used car of mine...pure crap! Nothing but problems! Never again! I took them off and found a set of Canadian made rotors...but alas, it would seem that even those options are dwindling.

Edited by twintornados

Went shopping for some new front rotors and pads for my beloved Fusion... 78.5K and now is time for new brakes (not breaks...LOL) had the rears done by the dealership while it was in for an accident repair back in Feb. but the fronts were still ok...getting there...but OK at that time. Pads were down to under approx. 2/32's of material, overall..I am pleased with the way they held up. So, off the the auto parts stores I go......

Every last place only had Chinese made rotors from all the usual brands...you name it...Chinese...Raybestos, Wagner, Bendix, NAPA, even Motorcraft rotors were made in China...DAMN :censored: ...the dealer did however have a set of Ford O.E. rotors in stock but they were pricey....9E5Z-1125-A rotor assembly was about 30 dollars more per unit than anyone else (made in Mexico by Ford).....I bought them and put them on the car with a good set of Motorcraft (made in the USA) pads. I would have preferred USA made rotors too (or even Canadian made) but could not find anything at all. So...Mexican it is...ah well, my car is made there too so....

Very frustrating day, but the repair was easy as heck and car stops like it should...no shudders, no shakes, no drama.....

Demand better people.....there are thousands of Americans losing their jobs since everyone wants to chintz on parts....I had Chinese rotors once before on an older used car of mine...pure crap! Nothing but problems! Never again! I took them off and found a set of Canadian made rotors...but alas, it would seem that even those options are dwindling.

I think i would have a tough time buying ANYTHING chinese lately, pet foods, lead toys, now this...........James and Maria Ivory's dreams of a relaxing retirement on Florida's Gulf Coast were put on hold when they discovered their new home had been built with Chinese drywall that emits sulfuric fumes and corrodes pipes. It got worse when they asked their insurer for help. Not only was their claim denied, but they've been told their entire policy won't be renewed.

Thousands of homeowners nationwide who have bought new houses made with defective building materials are finding their hopes dashed and their lives in limbo. Experts warn that cases like the Ivorys', in which insurers drop policies or send notices of nonrenewal because of tainted Chinese drywall, will become rampant as insurance companies work their way through the hundreds of claims currently in the pipeline. Do they get a hall pass on everything?

Edited by Deanh

... It got worse when they asked their insurer for help. Not only was their claim denied, but they've been told their entire policy won't be renewed.

Thousands of homeowners nationwide who have bought new houses made with defective building materials are finding their hopes dashed and their lives in limbo. Experts warn that cases like the Ivorys', in which insurers drop policies or send notices of nonrenewal because of tainted Chinese drywall, will become rampant as insurance companies work their way through the hundreds of claims currently in the pipeline. Do they get a hall pass on everything?

I saw that article as well...I wondered why they didn't sue the company that built the house? They (the contractors) were the ones that chintz'ed on the drywall...I have said it over and over and over.....you get what you pay for. Anyway....my Fusion stops as new and I am extremely pleased. I didn't have time tonight but my next job is to change the front wheel bearings as one is starting to growl a little....I am changing both at the same time since I believe that a properly maintained car will give you years of trouble free service....Timkin bearings right from Ford...priced reasonably well...but they are the press in type so I have to pull apart the spindles to get at them.....I have learned that the lesser expensive the bearing is, the more labor intensive it is to install it... :shades:

• 2 weeks later...
First of 11 Chinese made A320 Airboooooooooooses delivered in 2009, this is gonna be another nail in the coffin for the west.

first-chinese-assembled-airbus-a320.jpg

Based on their previous track record, I'd say that the first nails will be in the

coffins of the passengers of these things.

Who would want to ride on one of these, if they knew it

was Chinese made??!?!

<shudder>

Thanks for the post JM.

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

They are going to the moon too.

Bet they use lead paint, asbestos, and mercury on the spacecraft they send to the moon.

Our EPA will have to condemn the moon. :reading:

but its an unmanned flight, they are sending monkeys....of course the pet food is imported....