Profit Sharing

Stugots

Ford and the UAW have a common goal.

To succeed in this ever challenging industry.

To not only succeed but to be the very best.

OUR debt (I capitalize our because each and every one of us is Ford Motor Company) is a burden.

It affects OUR credit rating and OUR ability to take necessary loans.

On to my question,

How many of you would be willing to forgo your profit sharing checks this year?

Think about it, when a smart individual makes and or saves a large sum of money the first thing to do would be to pay off your debts.

WE have no idea what the actual dollar $ amount of debt WE could pay off with OUR profit sharing.

But I can't think of a better show of good faith to our employer.

Now I hope I don't get too much criticism for this idea, but I for one would gladly give back this upcoming profit sharing.

And WE could do so on OUR own terms.

I will not be replying to this post I don't want to fight with anyone, I only want to put forth this idea.

Thank you.

SOLIDARITY

OUR debt (I capitalize our because each and every one of us is Ford Motor Company) is a burden.

On to my question,

Think about it, when a smart individual makes and or saves a large sum of money the first thing to do would be to pay off your debts.

WE have no idea what the actual dollar $ amount of debt WE could pay off with OUR profit sharing.

Now I hope I don't get too much criticism for this idea, but I for one would gladly give back this upcoming profit sharing.

I will not be replying to this post I don't want to fight with anyone, I only want to put forth this idea.

Thank you.

SOLIDARITY

GOOD IDEA , but I don't see that happening though , many people already FEEL their is no good faith so why should we again show more.. The company wants to LEAK talk of retaliation before the voting was completed. NOT GOOD FAITH WERE I COME FROM

On to my question,

Thank you.

SOLIDARITY

Do you think Mullaly and Fields are going to pass on the bonus they are gonna get off this? I'll take the money just like them.

On to my question,

Thank you.

SOLIDARITY

The modification that failed, would not have saved ford a dime. Until they hired 2nd tier workers. All it did was lock workers in for six years. If you asked for a raise, It would end up in arbitration. We all know how good that would work out. Now if the economy doesn't get any better or worse, no new products anyway. But if things turn around, you are stuck for six years. Maybe new products, maybe not. ( remember no guaranties here) Ask them to open up the contract & see what answer you get. We have a contract now. When it expires, then look at what needs to be done. Why would anyone want to tie down an agreement now? Who knows what the future holds.

I'm Good where I'm at!!!!

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but am curious, Ford borrowed 23.5 billion, Ford has cash reserves of 24 billion, so are they really debt ridden, Look at GM and Chrysler, both got billions and now the talk that it won't be paid back. So basically Fords debt is their cash reserve, things appear to be turning around so soon they just might beable to pay it back, even without anymore help from us.

If you think Ford needs your support and you think you owe it to them, put profit sharing into Ford stock, either directly or in TESPHE. You can get the benefit of share price gains if Ford continues to improve, but you can pull it out and move it to something else if they don't keep making profits. Don't just GIVE it to them, be a shareholder and risk it with them.

If you think Ford needs your support and you think you owe it to them, put profit sharing into Ford stock, either directly or in TESPHE. You can get the benefit of share price gains if Ford continues to improve, but you can pull it out and move it to something else if they don't keep making profits. Don't just GIVE it to them, be a shareholder and risk it with them.

I agree! As long as Mulally is working at Ford, I would never even think of forgoing 1 dime!

The modification that failed, would not have saved ford a dime. Until they hired 2nd tier workers. All it did was lock workers in for six years. If you asked for a raise, It would end up in arbitration. We all know how good that would work out. Now if the economy doesn't get any better or worse, no new products anyway. But if things turn around, you are stuck for six years. Maybe new products, maybe not. ( remember no guaranties here) Ask them to open up the contract & see what answer you get. We have a contract now. When it expires, then look at what needs to be done. Why would anyone want to tie down an agreement now? Who knows what the future holds.

2nd tier pay stinks to begin with and to saddle them with no raise for 5 years is criminal. Like you said if 3 years from now (and the modifications were approved) Ford was making 5-6 billion in profit and the UAW asked them to raise the pay of the 2nd tier workers in good faith they would say we have a contract we need to abide to. Financial institutions and analysts are upgrading Ford like crazy even after the modifications were rejected so they obviously don't see this rejection to be a big deal.