2000 3.8 mustang

mbabbitt

:happy feet: i will be hitting five hundred thousand miles on this car in about to weeks .i will post the cluster here then. this car still has not had a wrench on it under the hood. all original water pump, alternator ,BELT , ldler pulley ,all still original . i know some of you will not believe me . it is even hard for me to believe but it is true .i put in a clutch , heater core , 2 sets of wheel bearings, front and back, not sure how many set's of brakes at least 4 this car only burns 1 quart of oil in 4000 miles i change the oil every 7000 .p.s. i have put in 4 sets of plugs i am do for another set soon love this car

Edited by mbabbitt

:happy feet: i will be hitting five hundred thousand miles on this car in about to weeks .i will post the cluster here then. this car still has not had a wrench on it under the hood. all original water pump, alternator ,BELT , ldler pulley ,all still original . i know some of you will not believe me . it is even hard for me to believe but it is true .i put in a clutch , heater core , 2 sets of wheel bearings, front and back, not sure how many set's of brakes at least 4 this car only burns 1 quart of oil in 4000 miles i change the oil every 7000 .p.s. i have put in 4 sets of plugs i am do for another set soon love this car

That really is incredible! Do you plan on keeping it until 1 million miles? What kind of commute do you have that put all this mileage on?

That really is incredible! Do you plan on keeping it until 1 million miles? What kind of commute do you have that put all this mileage on?

lansing to the vandyke plant 206 miles a day 1 million is a good goal drive it tell it is totally unrepaireable :happy feet:

How in the heck does a serpentine belt last for 500,000 miles in MICHIGAN? The first one in my Mustang started to crack at around 60,000.

i sure do not know how it has gone this long. i carry a new one with me, but i do not see a need to change it out for it has not cracked yet

Edited by mbabbitt

more picpost-38339-1259722239_thumb.jpg click on pic to inlarge

Impressive. My older, less advanced version of the 3.8L V6 has close to 160,000 miles on it and still runs well. I've replaced the drive belt, tensioner and idler pulleys, spark plugs, and my alternator, but mostly out of preventative maintenance (never been stranded, in other words).