Thank you!

CD4EMAN

Not only do we have the highest debt our country has EVER had, but now in his and his democratic cronies infinite wisdom are going to raise taxes on those of us that make less than 250k to pay for the "improved" healthcare program. On top of that those of us that have as they call it "cadillac" insurance, we now will pay a 40% tax on what it costs Ford to provide that to us!! a single person costs Ford about $10,000 a year so your tax will be about 4,000 additional. divided by 52 weeks thats 80 dollars a week more you will not be seeing. Family costs about 24,000 a year that translates to 184 a week additional tax!

To all the Obama voters,Thanks for the change I "cant" live.

Also before it starts I am not a racist just because I dont like Obama, dont even go there. I didnt like Bush either!

Not only do we have the highest debt our country has EVER had, but now in his and his democratic cronies infinite wisdom are going to raise taxes on those of us that make less than 250k to pay for the "improved" healthcare program. On top of that those of us that have as they call it "cadillac" insurance, we now will pay a 40% tax on what it costs Ford to provide that to us!! a single person costs Ford about $10,000 a year so your tax will be about 4,000 additional. divided by 52 weeks thats 80 dollars a week more you will not be seeing. Family costs about 24,000 a year that translates to 184 a week additional tax!

Also before it starts I am not a racist just because I dont like Obama, dont even go there. I didnt like Bush either!

Thats not in the house bill, why don't you wait till there is a final bill before you start gripping about things that might not be.

Hey dumbass, the shit in your post is incorrect.

Debt, Bush oked the largest bailout of corporate America. Obama came in at the end of it, so get your info correct.

Hey dumbass, the shit in your post is incorrect.

Debt, Bush oked the largest bailout of corporate America. Obama came in at the end of it, so get your info correct.

Sticks and stones brother, Bush did do that and then the Obama admin. added triple the debt or as they put it "raised the ceiling on debt". get your facts straight.

I still can't believe that auto industry people can be Republicans. It just boggles my mind. Until I got on this forum I had no idea they were out there. Crazy.q

I agree with you, it boggles my mind also. When I first hired in, I had to hear the union propaganda and the "big brother" has to take care of us mentality.

But, I was making $12 an hour so I figured whatever.

Then I started talking to people who believed in personal responsibility, that we are not owed things just because, and if you want to go somewhere in life, you have to work for it.

It was a relief to know that there was some folks that wern't hired in when they were living with momma and went from one tit to the other.

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but NOT your own facts. Read the bill, understand the bill, then open your mouth when you can make a educated reply.

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but NOT your own facts. Read the bill, understand the bill, then open your mouth when you can make a educated reply.

just the same I am not a republican, just wait and see what it brings. Hell in a hand basket!

Edited by CD4EMAN

Yeah...especially after the republicans tried to destroy our industry.

No my friend, it was poor quality, lack of design and not listening to the consumer. I might also add

not taking care of the consumer at the dealership. You can blame who you want that seems to be

the New American way! I can tell you Henry would slap all you pussy's right in the face. So good luck

in the New Year, and let's try and find someone else to blame.

Thats not in the house bill, why don't you wait till there is a final bill before you start gripping about things that might not be.

I firmly disagree with you. Even if the "gripes" are not in the bill, we can influence the direction the policymakers pursue with our debates. NOW is the time to express our opinions. Hopefully those opinions are based on fact. But to wait until a final bill is introduced when it will most likely be untouchable once they have raised the coalition of votes to pass it, would be too late to change the things we find fault with. Once the lobbyists get the bill they want it will be pushed through regardless of public opinion. We as the electorate, the represented citizens of this country, have a duty to let the members of congress know what our concerns are. Once the bill if finalized, the Democrat majority in the House and Senate will push it through just to get "something" they can modify later.

And don't just bash those who disagree. Thoughtfully consider their concerns. Open your mind to the possibility that they are right. Maybe your position is the best overall, but opponents are most likely to have some correct issues to discuss as well.

At one time, the public consensus was that the world was flat and Columbus would fall off the edge if he went too far. Would you have considered him a fool?

No my friend, it was poor quality, lack of design and not listening to the consumer. I might also add

not taking care of the consumer at the dealership. You can blame who you want that seems to be

the New American way! I can tell you Henry would slap all you pussy's right in the face. So good luck

in the New Year, and let's try and find someone else to blame.

Exactly.

two things

1. every president has increased the debt

2. why did you have to say your not a racist?

Also the republicains plan is to make the insurance compamies richer.

Well early indications are not good from the Dems side either.

Healthcare Reform Sausage Not Fit For Consumption

Healthcare Bill Flaws

The bill does not open up competition between states.

The Senate version of the bill does not provide for group bargaining of drugs by Medicare and that is what will likely pass.

The bill does not allow drug imports in from Canada.

Drugmakers won a 12-year period of exclusive sales for brand-name drugs before facing competition from generic rivals. This will benefit companies like Amgen and Genentech while driving up costs for consumers. President Obama wanted a 5-7 year period.

The bill will hurt struggling small business owners who already are reluctant to hire.

The bill does allow states to opt out of paying for abortions. This is folly given the huge ongoing costs of unwanted births.

The senate bill granted special favors to senators from several states to buy their vote.

Arguably, the one of the few good things in the bill is coverage of preexisting conditions. The rest looks like rancid sausage. The biggest problem is there is not a single thing in the bill guaranteed to lower health care costs. We have to take it on faith that the plan will save money.

It won't.

However, when your goal is to get something (anything), passed it should be no surprise that the package is as flawed as it is.

Do the facts of the bill state the entire cost will be taxed or only the portion over $8,000/single and $23,000/family? Where did you get your figures from? I find it hard to believe that Ford's family plan costs Ford $24,000 per year. That's $2,000/month. Ford has a good plan but all I hear lately is how many things are not covered anymore. This does not sound like a $2,000/month plan. Heck, some people I have spoken to don't even get yearly physicals covered. This is true with retirees as well.

two things

1. every president has increased the debt

2. why did you have to say your not a racist?

1st. yes every president has increased debt. not at the record pace or amount this president has.

2nd most every time I say something negitive or disagree with Obama I am accused of not liking him because he is black thus translated to being racist. Which I am not.

3rd I built this computer myself and yes everything I buy I try to get American products, but to answer your question yes the shirt on my back is American made! As an American I will offer it to you if you need it more than I do.

lastly, to cobra a family plan is 1800 a month per NESC, feel free to give them a call, works out to about 22000 yearly. I do try to get my facts correct please forgive me for making mistakes, if anyone believes that our government is not going to raise taxes on the largest group of tax payers to pay for this plan you are sadly mistaken. And yes they want to tax our "cadillac" (i prefer Licoln) insurance plan.

At the risk of posting some actual facts:

According to the Congressional Budget Office, during the Bush years, the total combined deficits added up to $1.986 trillion for 2001-2008. Fiscal 2009 ended with a $1.4 trillion deficit for ONE YEAR - almost as much as Bush racked up in 8!!!

Yes, some of this year's deficits were decisions made by Bush, but most of it was approved by Obama. The Congress just passed spending bills that increase spending 12% vs last year. And does not include the new Health Care bill! Who is minding the store? No one!!

We have endured decades of mismanagement by BOTH Parties!

When is enough enough?

Do the facts of the bill state the entire cost will be taxed or only the portion over $8,000/single and $23,000/family? Where did you get your figures from? I find it hard to believe that Ford's family plan costs Ford $24,000 per year. That's $2,000/month. Ford has a good plan but all I hear lately is how many things are not covered anymore. This does not sound like a $2,000/month plan. Heck, some people I have spoken to don't even get yearly physicals covered. This is true with retirees as well.

Page 1943 states 8500 for single coverage, 23K for employee +. The tax appears to only be on the amount over this amount. So if your health plan is valued at 25K, you pay $800 in tax (40% of 2000).

a single person costs Ford about $10,000 a year so your tax will be about 4,000 additional. divided by 52 weeks thats 80 dollars a week more you will not be seeing. Family costs about 24,000 a year that translates to 184 a week additional tax!

Just dug out my benefits summary. Most recent I found was 2006. Family of four was $11,276 for health care. So go crawl back under that rock of yours. The healthcare inflation for 2 yrs hasnt even come close to raising it to the levels you are spewing.

At the risk of posting some actual facts:

According to the Congressional Budget Office, during the Bush years, the total combined deficits added up to $1.986 trillion for 2001-2008. Fiscal 2009 ended with a $1.4 trillion deficit for ONE YEAR - almost as much as Bush racked up in 8!!!

Yes, some of this year's deficits were decisions made by Bush, but most of it was approved by Obama. The Congress just passed spending bills that increase spending 12% vs last year. And does not include the new Health Care bill! Who is minding the store? No one!!

We have endured decades of mismanagement by BOTH Parties!

When is enough enough?

World's Smallest Political Quiz

Find out where you stand.