Where is any news about 2010 Detroit?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for reiterating.

It seems like Ford's been trying to reduce the time between when they officially unveil a car for the US, and when it hits the lots. Officially unveiling it a year before it is available seems to be reverting to their old ways.

Sometimes the timing is just not condusive to that strategy. This is 2010 and the next Focus launch date is 2010. I go by MAP plant all the time and they have started retooling that plant and launch date is coming up fast. There are also about 8 European speced Focuses sitting in Livonia trans plant parking lot being tested daily. All are 5 dr. Hatchbacks. Also in that lot are about three Fiesta sedans and one chrome yellow hatch with SES tag on it.

I would think so......Lincoln is going to need a smaller, more fuel efficient car going forward. I would think Lincoln would get a luxury hybrid also sometime in future.

That is a marketing question. If Ford can take a Focus, add more than $10,000 to the base price and still sell it, then they should as a Lincoln. To answer that question they have to build one and ask the public what they will pay for it.

I would think so......Lincoln is going to need a smaller, more fuel efficient car going forward. I would think Lincoln would get a luxury hybrid also sometime in future.
When they have enough batteries to build them. Another Hybrid model right now wouldn't add Sales, just Costs

HOWEVER

That is a marketing question. If Ford can take a Focus, add more than $10,000 to the base price and still sell it, then they should as a Lincoln. To answer that question they have to build one and ask the public what they will pay for it.
It won't surprise me if Fomoco has a lithium-batteried Hybrid just about ready to produce for Lincoln

except

that the supply chain isn't ready for profitable implementation YET

BUT

if gas goes TO-or-Over $4 during 2010, they might be able to start some kind of "pilot" sales program...

hmm

...maybe Ford isn't as devious as I'd be in their place ;)

or maybe I need another cup of coffee :reading: :reading: :reading: ___

Sometimes the timing is just not condusive to that strategy. This is 2010 and the next Focus launch date is 2010. I go by MAP plant all the time and they have started retooling that plant and launch date is coming up fast. There are also about 8 European speced Focuses sitting in Livonia trans plant parking lot being tested daily. All are 5 dr. Hatchbacks. Also in that lot are about three Fiesta sedans and one chrome yellow hatch with SES tag on it.
It'd be great if some of those euro-Focii testers just had euro skins and were Michigan-made underneath ;)

but I doubt it -- tho not definite, imho the 7/12/10 Job1 date is for the last C170 Focus BUT...

[ refrain ]

I-wish, I-wish the Mercury C557 would be shown at THIS NAIAS & fast-tracked as much as possible

ideally intro'ing THIS Coming Summer - so Merc could have a 6 month running start on the 2012my Focus

There actually IS time enough with the Focus to debut at LAIAS next Nov/Dec

...UNLESS Ford is planning another Fiesta-like pre-production Social-Networking Movement

It seems like Ford's been trying to reduce the time between when they officially unveil a car for the US, and when it hits the lots. Officially unveiling it a year before it is available seems to be reverting to their old ways.

I don't think its an issue...not to mention the Focus could benefit from a longer lead time to help upsale the car...its going to move up market and its going to have to be marketed that way. Its no longer gonna be a Cheapo car.

I think Lincoln needs to tread very carefully with that size of a sedan/car......a small SUV, sure (that's coming anyway), but a car, I'm not so sure. Case in point, the Lexus HS - now I know that's a hybrid and the circumstances are a bit different, but their attempt there is sputtering, although I do suppose at the same time, Lexus has the IS in that market...