The Kansas City Star Article

klutzys

Here's the deal- aren't you all sick of the fighting between the plants? All I see here is "DTP won't ever close because we are the chosen ones." Bull crap- if Ford sees fit, they will close DTP. KCAP, LAP and whoever they can to save a buck.

No one is safe. My uncle works at the glass house in Detroit and he said, "if DTP has the best plant with the best equipment, let's bring the veteran workers from KCAP." In other words, he hopes to keep DTP open with KCAP workforce. That is a screwed up deal and NO ONE WINS.

Move forward people and stop the bullshit.

id say that there is about a zero percent chance of what your uncles says happening....what is he a janitor at glass house

id say that there is about a zero percent chance of what your uncles says happening....what is he a janitor at glass house

Did I say there was a huge chance of this happening? No. Is there a chance of Ford moving seniority people to DTP from KCAP to use the best people and the best equipment to Ace quality and control? YES.

Yes, My uncle is in maintenance at the glass house- not. They outsourced those jobs and have a private cleaning company for the offices. Check it out for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I know someone who works for one of the outside companies that do a good chunk of the retooling of the plants. He's been working on details for Kansas City. Knock me over

with a feather but it looks like Kansas City is getting the Transit. Plans could change of course, we are talking about Ford but at the moment, looks like you're getting the transit.

Thought it was going to Ohio but.... Just thought I'd let you know what I've heard, if Ihear anything else I'll let you know.

I know someone who works for one of the outside companies that do a good chunk of the retooling of the plants. He's been working on details for Kansas City. Knock me over

with a feather but it looks like Kansas City is getting the Transit. Plans could change of course, we are talking about Ford but at the moment, looks like you're getting the transit.

Thought it was going to Ohio but.... Just thought I'd let you know what I've heard, if Ihear anything else I'll let you know.

A letter was put out in our plant [Ohio Assembly]recently which said that the Ohio Assembly chairman had told the company that he did not want the Transit in his plant as they would not be producing enough units to make it worth while.Go figure.So who knows K.C.P.may just get it.

Are you referring to the Transit Connect or the full size Transit? I was under the impression that KCAP would get the Transit Connect and OHAP would get the full size Transit. The OHAP retool would be a few years off as the Econoline is not gonna be replaced until the full size Transit is brought here. Maybe that is why KCAP is getting ready for retool now.

Are you referring to the Transit Connect or the full size Transit? I was under the impression that KCAP would get the Transit Connect and OHAP would get the full size Transit. The OHAP retool would be a few years off as the Econoline is not gonna be replaced until the full size Transit is brought here. Maybe that is why KCAP is getting ready for retool now.

Hearing KCAP getting Transit, this thing has several configurations, reg, super and crew cabs on chasis cab trucks, with dual rear wheel ( 1 ton). 3 Van heights and 3 lengths. Buddy told me today there are 21 different drive shafts depending on configuration. :ohsnap:

Hearing KCAP getting Transit, this thing has several configurations, reg, super and crew cabs on chasis cab trucks, with dual rear wheel ( 1 ton). 3 Van heights and 3 lengths. Buddy told me today there are 21 different drive shafts depending on configuration. :ohsnap:

Told by a supplier that he was hearing that the product for Ohio Assembly was coming from Mexico.Supposed to be bigger than Econoline.

Told by a supplier that he was hearing that the product for Ohio Assembly was coming from Mexico.Supposed to be bigger than Econoline.

FROM MEXICO??? If that is true that is great news to hear jobs coming FROM Mexico and not TO Mexico.

Supplier doesn't know what they are talking about. The only vehicles built in Mexico are the Fusion and soon to be Fiesta.

I'm calling you a liar because I know your line speeds any moron with access to a company computer knows what is being built there

So DTP get off your high horse and get real build quality instead of quanity and launch team members from KCAP are there trying to help get the regular cab going and

I bought 3 trucks built in NAP and had no problems thank you

NAP was closed do to its location sad but true

I will not buy a truck built in a show plant lines run yeah and quality is poor

So DTP go hump someone elses leg saying your the best when your not even playing in the same league "rookies"

I bet you would look great in a tacoma! lmao grow-up!

wrong ,try again look up blue diamond truck shades.gif

Blue Diamond Truck Co. produces medium-duty commercial trucks for business and industrial use, such as intra-city delivery trucks and garbage trucks. The trucks will be marketed independently under the Ford brand name and Navistar's International brand. The company will also supply truck and diesel-engine service parts to Ford and Navistar. The company is based in Escobedo, Mexico. Blue Diamond Truck Co. operates as a subsidiary of Navistar International Corp.

I don't think this makes it part of Ford Motor co.

Blue Diamond Truck Co. produces medium-duty commercial trucks for business and industrial use, such as intra-city delivery trucks and garbage trucks. The trucks will be marketed independently under the Ford brand name and Navistar's International brand. The company will also supply truck and diesel-engine service parts to Ford and Navistar. The company is based in Escobedo, Mexico. Blue Diamond Truck Co. operates as a subsidiary of Navistar International Corp.

Isn't Ford parting ways with Navistar? Could they then be making their own version of the truck? We just ran our last diesel Econoline - for a while, anyway. Is Ford going to be doing their own diesels then?

its a joint venture just like aai,,im not saying nothing,,but you said there was only 2 assy plants in mex and thats simply not true,,,and i believe that this joint venture is about to end,the same as ford has stopped taking navis engine{diesel for the econoline} but we all have our own beliefs,stay tuned

you didnt research deep enough,,,you took what i told you and simply did a small search,DO YOUR HOMEWORK ,,look deeper

you didnt research deep enough,,,you took what i told you and simply did a small search,DO YOUR HOMEWORK ,,look deeper

I researched it plenty deep, that assembly plant belongs to Navistar. Would you like a list of all Ford assembly plants, that one your talking about is not one of them.

http://media.ford.com/plants.cfm

Edited by rn4

***DISCLAIMER***

Due to previous political upheaval, please read this Disclaimer. The following is my personal opinion, solely my opinion and in no way reflects that of Ford Motor Company, the UAW or anyone else for that matter. It in no way reflects anything factual, or anything that might actually occur and might in fact piss you right the hell off. If you are prone to being pissed off, suffer from high blood pressure or have chronic crap leakage from your mouth which soaks through to your posts, please do not read below. If you are interested in a mature and calm factual based discussion of any of the points I outline below, which again, are solely my opinion (mine alone), then please continue to read on and I encourage you to post comments.

The future of Kansas City Assembly Plant? In my opinion, it lies here.

Some facts about the site:

• It has rail loading facility right there, no more costly AAG shipments all the way to the rail. Cost savings in the tens of millions
  • Four million square feet of floor space compared to the current plant's one point two million square foot.
  • Separate eighty thousand square foot stamping facility, something which Kansas City cannot have due to nearby mining
  • Cheap upgrade facility-wise compared to retrofitting a building built in the, um, '40's is it? Well, the main plant anyways.
  • Money paid by Missouri to keep a Ford plant open here can be used to purchase plant, (it's in MO). It's idled, for sale cheap.
  • Facility was already setup to run automotive. Best part is they can refit the plant while KCAP closes out the current models.
  • Closer for delivery of roll steel to the stamping facility from Indiana Steel mills, four hours closer to everything else up north.
  • No call back rights for St. Louis employees because Ford plant is gone. UAW under previous existing Chrysler Local.
  • After picking one shift of people to go run the Transit there, KCAP shuts down and they are done.
  • If they add another shift (much later) in St Louis, they can hire them at $15 an hour.

***DISCLAIMER***

Due to previous political upheaval, please read this Disclaimer. The following is my personal opinion, solely my opinion and in no way reflects that of Ford Motor Company, the UAW or anyone else for that matter. It in no way reflects anything factual, or anything that might actually occur and might in fact piss you right the hell off. If you are prone to being pissed off, suffer from high blood pressure or have chronic crap leakage from your mouth which soaks through to your posts, please do not read below. If you are interested in a mature and calm factual based discussion of any of the points I outline below, which again, are solely my opinion (mine alone), then please continue to read on and I encourage you to post comments.

• It has rail loading facility right there, no more costly AAG shipments all the way to the rail. Cost savings in the tens of millions
  • Four million square feet of floor space compared to the current plant's one point two million square foot.
  • Separate eighty thousand square foot stamping facility, something which Kansas City cannot have due to nearby mining
  • Cheap upgrade facility-wise compared to retrofitting a building built in the, um, '40's is it? Well, the main plant anyways.
  • Money paid by Missouri to keep a Ford plant open here can be used to purchase plant, (it's in MO). It's idled, for sale cheap.
  • Facility was already setup to run automotive. Best part is they can refit the plant while KCAP closes out the current models.
  • Closer for delivery of roll steel to the stamping facility from Indiana Steel mills, four hours closer to everything else up north.
  • No call back rights for St. Louis employees because Ford plant is gone. UAW under previous existing Chrysler Local.
  • After picking one shift of people to go run the Transit there, KCAP shuts down and they are done.
  • If they add another shift (much later) in St Louis, they can hire them at $15 an hour.

Rail would have nothing to do with it, SLAP had rail and you see what happened there. Why do you think it would be chryslers local and not the Ford local. Thats some pretty far fetched stuff there.

***DISCLAIMER***

Not that your post bothers me but just a little incorrect

this is what is posted on Ford Media site for KCAP

Year Opened: 1951

Site Size in Acres: 1,269

Plant Size in Square Feet: 4,736,651

Your post for Fenton plant - Four million square feet of floor space compared to the current plant's one point two million square foot.

That leaves you off by 3.5 million sq. ft.

None of this really adds up.

But for the right price it may be a good deal for something?