CAP trades openings

whiteford

I am tool and die working as temp. production at AAI. I would hope any trade offerings at CAP would go to tradesmen who are working production. I am afraid this ugly temp. situation will somehow come back and bite the 100 or so tradesmen working prod. at AAI or any where for that matter. Get us back to our tools.

I am tool and die working as temp. production at AAI. I would hope any trade offerings at CAP would go to tradesmen who are working production. I am afraid this ugly temp. situation will somehow come back and bite the 100 or so tradesmen working prod. at AAI or any where for that matter. Get us back to our tools.

The way I understand it, that cannot hire any of the lower tiered workers as long as we are on ILO, I hope the International will make them stick to that. Eventually they will have to bite the bullet and get us all placed. Chicago sounds like just the place to do it at. Ask all of them, then force if not enough sign up. Then they can hire the lower tiered workers. Just my opinion, but i think it will work out. :happy feet:

The way I understand it, that cannot hire any of the lower tiered workers as long as we are on ILO, I hope the International will make them stick to that. Eventually they will have to bite the bullet and get us all placed. Chicago sounds like just the place to do it at. Ask all of them, then force if not enough sign up. Then they can hire the lower tiered workers. Just my opinion, but i think it will work out. :happy feet:

According to the last contract agreement we voted on in March of 2009. The one that got rid of JEN. If a job opens up outside of our zone and we are able to bid on it (because of not enough in zone responce) we can bid. If we win the bid we do not have to move out of zone but the lowest person in that trade and our zone must move and fill that position and we fill the one the youngest tradesman vacated.

According to the last contract agreement we voted on in March of 2009. The one that got rid of JEN. If a job opens up outside of our zone and we are able to bid on it (because of not enough in zone responce) we can bid. If we win the bid we do not have to move out of zone but the lowest person in that trade and our zone must move and fill that position and we fill the one the youngest tradesman vacated.

If you win the bid, you are the one thats going to be moving.

A slight but significant difference in your comment.....

Your version:

My version:

According to the last contract agreement we voted on in March of 2009. The one that got rid of JEN. If a job opens up outside of our zone and we are able to bid on it (because of not enough in zone responce) we can bid. If we do not accept the posting we do not have to move out-of-zone, but the lowest person in that trade and our zone must move and fill that position and we fill the one the youngest tradesman vacated.

Your version:

My version:

According to the last contract agreement we voted on in March of 2009. The one that got rid of JEN. If a job opens up outside of our zone and we are able to bid on it (because of not enough in zone responce) we can bid. If we do not accept the posting we do not have to move out-of-zone, but the lowest person in that trade and our zone must move and fill that position and we fill the one the youngest tradesman vacated.

I just had that paper in my hands two days ago and now it walked off. I'm sure it's not far. We are aon the same page and I'm sure it will be stickey for all people moving, especially the first two. I'm surprised how many people did not read the entire paper before voting. I guess they never think anything will ever come around and bite them in the ass. By screwing so many people out of JEN nothing was ever pointed at them. They and their family was safe forever.

Your version:

My version:

Who is this Jen person we got rid of ?do not recall ever hearing from her.

But seriously GEN was replaced in 2007 with JSP which was partially destroyed in the March modifications agreement.

There is an actual copy of the modifications language concerning what you guys are discussing here, unfortunately I can not figure out how to post it.

However if you go to this site UAW/Ford Fanatics Forums in order to view the sections with the language you will need to be vouched for (to ensure only union friendly people are allowed to view certain subjects), I would happily vouch for you guys so you may see the actual language for yourselves.

Edited by lquidspine

I just had that paper in my hands two days ago and now it walked off. I'm sure it's not far. We are aon the same page and I'm sure it will be stickey for all people moving, especially the first two. I'm surprised how many people did not read the entire paper before voting. I guess they never think anything will ever come around and bite them in the ass. By screwing so many people out of JEN nothing was ever pointed at them. They and their family was safe forever.

I found it. The modification we all voted for and was passed in March has this section.

ONE OUT OF ZONE JOB OFFER

After the existing hierarchy is completed, employees on layoff have three options:

A) accept an out-ofzone placement;

B) be dropped from pay and benefits with recall rights only;

C)bump the low seniority employee in zone who is working (in Michigan, zones 1 and 2 will be combined for this actiononly)

If option C is elected, the low-seniority working employee in zone must accept out-of-town placement or be dropped from the rolls with only recall rights.

Low-seniority skilled employees on layoff after hierarachy is exhausted for non-skilled openings in-zone may be forced to accept the non-skilled opportunity in-zone or be dropped from the rolls with recall rights only.

Don't forget there are probably trades that are working production or on ILO in Chicago that would have first dibs on these jobs. When they went from 2 shifts to 1, most probably went back to production, so in reality there may not be that many trade openings. It would be nice to know how many trades have recall rights at CAP and the stamping plant...

Edited by fordd

Don't forget there are probably trades that are working production or on ILO in Chicago that would have first dibs on these jobs. When they went from 2 shifts to 1, most probably went back to production, so in reality there may not be that many trade openings. It would be nice to know how many trades have recall rights at CAP and the stamping plant...

It would be nice to know what our own standings are as far as seniority in our own trade. With this last round of buy outs we may just see some of that out of zone bumping

• 4 weeks later...

It would be nice to know what our own standings are as far as seniority in our own trade. With this last round of buy outs we may just see some of that out of zone bumping

Ya that would be nice. I know I was told by Int'l that a list would be made available. A year later and still no list available.