2012 Focus vs 2010 N.A. Focus

Much better thank you.:)

I wouldn't be too harsh on your 2010, it's a good effort on what was available but the style of the 2012 should send sales much higher. It's a car people will really want to own.....

I don't think the 2010 Focus is that bad at all, especially the interior which has the superior dash layout IMO (it depends on what the non-nav version looks like).

I don't particuarly like the new Focus rear-end, especially with the license plate in the truck lid, everything looks a bit bland and typical back there.

"The current interior isn't all that bad but looks outdated compared to the new one" :hysterical:

2011focus-i.jpg2008focus-i.jpg

The old car is somewhat awkward, but a lot of people seem to like it.

The new Focus is a more expensive build. The trunk of the new Focus contains half of the tail lights, whereas the old Focus had no lights.

I don't think the 2010 Focus is that bad at all, especially the interior which has the superior dash layout IMO (it depends on what the non-nav version looks like).

I don't particuarly like the new Focus rear-end, especially with the license plate in the truck lid, everything looks a bit bland and typical back there.

Optioned out nicely, the present Focus is a good looking vehicle in my eyes. My only problems with it is 4 speed automatic and so so city mileage plus the dropping of the station wagon and/or hatchback. With a 6 speed auto, 27mpg city, and a hatch or station wagon the present Focus could have kept Wayne Assembly open everyday on two shifts IMO. And I would have probably turned in my 2002 Taurus for a hatch or station wagon. I guess I will just have to wait a couple years for the 2013 Focus. I never buy first year vehicles.

Nice.

Why not show the C1 Focus next to the 2008 C170 Focus for a better comparison of what we're 'missing'

Less confrontational, why not compare original Gen 1 C170 Focus to Gen 2 C1 Focus and Gen III 2102 Focus so that people get a feel for the global evolutionary path.

Edit,

We have to remember that the vision of Focus in Europe and Globally was a lot different to its view in the US as an entry level car. It's not until recently that the needs of the car everywhere were captured and costs controlled. I remember not so long ago that the Focus in USA was reportedly a loss leader and CAFE sacrifice to build larger sedans. My how times have changed.

Edited by jpd80