gm new wage,,$12 at battery plant

chriper

now how many people at existing plants,, really think any work like that is coming,,at our current wage and benefit schedule????????banghead.gif

This depends as to how that plant is organized. By us turning down the Octomods, we still have the 20% cap, remember? Had we voted in the Octomods, then this very well could have been a reality.

• Like 3

This depends as to how that plant is organized. By us turning down the Octomods, we still have the 20% cap, remember? Had we voted in the Octomods, then this very well could have been a reality.

yes and no,, the plant im specifically referring to {rawsonville} is exempt from that ratio per 2007 nat agreement

remember???ohsnap.gif

40,000 hourly employees at Ford.

0 is currently the number of 2nd tier employees.

20% (cap) of 40,000 is 8,000.

Ford would have to hire over 8,000 new employees before 2015 to implement unlimited cap.

In what REALITY do you see that happening?

• Like 2

yes and no,, the plant im specifically referring to {rawsonville} is exempt from that ratio per 2007 nat agreement

remember???ohsnap.gif

Honestly, I don't know that much about Rawsonville. And Soupy, I agree, they're not going to hire that many people. We have a similar but not same agreement as GM. We've known that this day was coming. Does anyone know how many people are on ILO right now? Also, I know our plant has some people loaned out to other plants, including ACH plants, at this time.

What really scares me is the new GM plant that is NON-UAW! That's a bad precedent! And how do we fight it since the government is involved in GM to the extent that they are?!

• Like 1

What really scares me is the new GM plant that is NON-UAW! That's a bad precedent! And how do we fight it since the government is involved in GM to the extent that they are?!

My understanding of the article is that this plant is tecnically not a GM plant.

"The workers aren't part of the UAW -- yet -- because the plant is new and operated under a new GM subsidiary, GM officials said"

Therefore the 'new GM subsidary' isn't even a UAW shop. So anytime GM wants to open new business, they will classify it a subsidary plant and not part of GM so as to avoid full wage UAW benefits. That's the real BS here.

• Like 1

My understanding of the article is that this plant is tecnically not a GM plant.

"The workers aren't part of the UAW -- yet -- because the plant is new and operated under a new GM subsidiary, GM officials said"

Therefore the 'new GM subsidary' isn't even a UAW shop. So anytime GM wants to open new business, they will classify it a subsidary plant and not part of GM so as to avoid full wage UAW benefits. That's the real BS here.

Scary, isn't it?

• Like 1

now how many people at existing plants,, really think any work like that is coming,,at our current wage and benefit schedule????????banghead.gifhttp://www.freep.com/article/20100313/BUSINESS01/3130324/1318/GM-Brownstown-electric-car-workers-may-see-lower-wages

And the race to the bottom continues...

$12/ hour and even fewer benefits. What can people making $12/hr afford to buy? Not even the cheapest GM product!

Next, the other "advanced technology" companies will tell THEIR workers they have to lower their pay to "be competitive..." and so on.

Folks, the U.S. is turning into a third-world country.

Rant over.

• Like 1

Bingo....

We need to organize them pronto. If the UAW does not organize them then we will see manufacturing wages go down lower than what was reported.

Go get'em UAW...........

• Like 2

You are one of the ass hats that wanted all these concessions passed and now you want to bitch STFU AND GFY IDIOT

• Like 1

You are one of the ass hats that wanted all these concessions passed and now you want to bitch STFU AND GFY IDIOT

Amen Brother. They voted yes to give up concessions then play the blame game. I guess many UAW members have forgotten, they are racing us to the bottom.

Edited by FANTASTICFORD
  • Like 1

Listen 'Shit For Brains', I think it was a mistake to vote against job guarantees verses striking for your stinking dollar an hour. Mind you SFB, you still would have maintained right to strike for anything else. Health and safety? Go on strike. Unfair labor practice? Go on strike. Solve those problems and give the dollar up, and we'll settle.

Answer this SFB, how do you feel about the 900 uaw families who will be out of work at AAI this summer when they go down to one shift? How about the 1300 jobs left there that are in jeopardy because everyone knows running an assembly plant on one shift ain't gonna last long.

How about it? What about those jobs? You turned down work guarantees over there.

Now you can still strike for your stinking dollar, but what about those 2000 UAW families that will lose their jobs? Just their tuff luck?

Go on strike in 2011, get your dollar. Enjoy it. Just because it cost hundreds if not thousands of UAW jobs. What, as long as it's not your job, so what?

• Like 1

remember???ohsnap.gif

Rawsonville is classified as a 2 tier plant, but...that does not mean that everyone that wants to come back with RTBU rights for NEW work won't be able too. Then we bring in second tier.

40,000 hourly employees at Ford.

0 is currently the number of 2nd tier employees.

20% (cap) of 40,000 is 8,000.

Ford would have to hire over 8,000 new employees before 2015 to implement unlimited cap.

In what REALITY do you see that happening?

Seriously, you have a second tier plant on the same grounds at AAI, it is called Link. They ship the parts over to the main assembly plant from across the street. They are covered by the same local but make only $12 an hour, some less. Some are also contracted making 7.50 an hour. Their overtime is run as follows. Lets say they need 5 people to work overtime. They go down the list of seniority like at all plants but heres the catch..the same high 5 can say yes every single time and never give any to the lower people ever. Yes thats right no overtime equalization what so ever. It never gets passed the 7th, 8th,9th person unless someone is on vacation or they need more than just 5. Who would pass up overtime if your the top 5 guys at $14=$18/hr. BTW, they had to work roughly 18 years to get that wage. Two tier is already happening right under your nose.

now how many people at existing plants,, really think any work like that is coming,,at our current wage and benefit schedule????????banghead.gifhttp://www.freep.com/article/20100313/BUSINESS01/3130324/1318/GM-Brownstown-electric-car-workers-may-see-lower-wages

If I remember correctly from the 2007 explainations the Rawsonville plant will become 100% entry level.

If I remember correctly the entry level wages were $15.50 per hour plus benefits. The number I remember was a $30.00 per hour all in rate (wages and benefits).

I am sure once this place is organized they will fall into the UAW $30.00 all in rate.

You will be getting your work (at Rawsonville) because the plant will eventually become 100% entry level.

• Like 1

Listen 'Shit For Brains', I think it was a mistake to vote against job guarantees verses striking for your stinking dollar an hour. Mind you SFB, you still would have maintained right to strike for anything else. Health and safety? Go on strike. Unfair labor practice? Go on strike. Solve those problems and give the dollar up, and we'll settle.

Answer this SFB, how do you feel about the 900 uaw families who will be out of work at AAI this summer when they go down to one shift? How about the 1300 jobs left there that are in jeopardy because everyone knows running an assembly plant on one shift ain't gonna last long.

How about it? What about those jobs? You turned down work guarantees over there.

Now you can still strike for your stinking dollar, but what about those 2000 UAW families that will lose their jobs? Just their tuff luck?

Go on strike in 2011, get your dollar. Enjoy it. Just because it cost hundreds if not thousands of UAW jobs. What, as long as it's not your job, so what?

First, there are no guarantee's in this business. Second, no one cares what you think your an idiot. Third, every person at AAI has had numerous chances to leave and for whatever reason they chose to stay. If a shift is cut they will all have opportunities to go somewhere else so STFU again no one cares what you have to say your an idiot. If you had your way every person that ever gets hired by ford would be making 14 dollars an hour, damn your an IDIOT

If I remember correctly from the 2007 explainations the Rawsonville plant will become 100% entry level.

If I remember correctly the entry level wages were $15.50 per hour plus benefits. The number I remember was a $30.00 per hour all in rate (wages and benefits).

I am sure once this place is organized they will fall into the UAW $30.00 all in rate.

You will be getting your work (at Rawsonville) because the plant will eventually become 100% entry level.

I dont know why all the fuss is about.

GM has put this work in a non UAW plant.

Because the UAW has not organized them yet they (GM) set the pay rate of $12.00 per hour with no benes.

Once organiized I agree with you that you will see a $30.00 per hour all in rate.

• Like 1

Bingo....

We need to organize them pronto. If the UAW does not organize them then we will see manufacturing wages go down lower than what was reported.

Go get'em UAW...........

Loui is correct, all auto companys want to pay workers $12. The UAW is the reason that they don't. Once organized, they will be making prevailing auto wages. First contract will probably be around $17, 18 and then wages/benefits will raise year over year. Then new thing however isn't hourly wage increases it will be by way of bonuses. Cheaper for company's! Lets hoe that they negotiate a BIG profit sharingh plan!! This will keep the company competitive and give the workers increases in salaries when the company is doing well. Can't wait till we get ours back.....Alan is getting ready to scrape in about 60Million on the extra stock options he is getting! We need to stick it to them fkers in 2011, just based on his fking salary!!! Give it back or lets walk!

First, there are no guarantee's in this business. Second, no one cares what you think your an idiot. Third, every person at AAI has had numerous chances to leave and for whatever reason they chose to stay. If a shift is cut they will all have opportunities to go somewhere else so STFU again no one cares what you have to say your an idiot. If you had your way every person that ever gets hired by ford would be making 14 dollars an hour, damn your an IDIOT

Hey shit-head, I found something that reminded me of you....... :fan:

• Like 1

No, YOU listen, Diarrhea Brain.

We remember your runny offal like skunk mud with pulled pud mixed in.

Your shit breath will reek for years.

And the race to the bottom continues...

$12/ hour and even fewer benefits. What can people making $12/hr afford to buy? Not even the cheapest GM product!

Next, the other "advanced technology" companies will tell THEIR workers they have to lower their pay to "be competitive..." and so on.

Folks, the U.S. is turning into a third-world country.

Rant over.

Sad thing is people think we can live on $12-$15.00 an hour. Umm...no not comfortably.

• Like 1

No, YOU listen, Diarrhea Brain.

We remember your runny offal like skunk mud with pulled pud mixed in.

Your shit breath will reek for years.

Reminds you of your home cookin doesn't it.

I'll keep it right in your face for ya, now that I know you like it so much!

I think it's cute how you and pigfish are holding hands, now go fuck urselfs.

• Like 1

Reminds you of your home cookin doesn't it.

I'll keep it right in your face for ya, now that I know you like it so much!

I think it's cute how you and pigfish are holding hands, now go fuck urselfs.

The more you type the more you prove my point. IDIOT

• Like 1