Ford to Build C-Max in Spain instead of US

Don't get me wrong, I am glad the company I work for is doing well, but what customers are they targeting with all these vehicles? Unemployment is out of control in this country and fords remaining workforce is wary of buying new vehicles. These vehicles/jobs need to be here, in the good ole USA!!!

Yeah, no dobut- especially when we are talking about layoffs at Auto Alliance, Romeo Engine, etc. Can't destroy the very market that supports you. I also blame Solidarity house too- they are not doing enough to bring work here.

That C-max is to be built in Europe for Europe not the United States.

"Our Valencia plant here in Spain will build these new C-Max five-seat hybrid models exclusively for European customers seeking a practical, efficient and affordable environmental vehicle while the export to North America of the new Grand C-Max petrol model beginning in late 2011 opens a new era of production for the team at the plant," Fleming added"

Sounds like they're exporting it here.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad the company I work for is doing well, but what customers are they targeting with all these vehicles? Unemployment is out of control in this country and fords remaining workforce is wary of buying new vehicles. These vehicles/jobs need to be here, in the good ole USA!!!

I agree, not good at all!!!

Yeah another UAW lie about Fords Commitments to U.S. Factories :happy feet:

Way to go chumps now lets give Alan the rest in 2011 $14 an hour no benefits Ron and Bob living high on the hog running VEBA :stirpot:

tHANK yOU FOR ALL THE FALSE PROMISES WE WON'T BE FOOLED AGAIN :hysterical:

Way to go chumps now lets give Alan the rest in 2011 $14 an hour no benefits Ron and Bob living high on the hog running VEBA :stirpot:

I went to the soldiers of solidarity website and read the October modifications pdf and not only was it committed for Michigan Assembly Plant but there was hand written notation that said "C-Max" for Michigan Assembly.

Even though we voted down the octomods it would be nice of the company to give us the product anyways..

I went to the soldiers of solidarity website and read the October modifications pdf and not only was it committed for Michigan Assembly Plant but there was hand written notation that said "C-Max" for Michigan Assembly.

Even though we voted down the octomods it would be nice of the company to give us the product anyways..

You say no, now you want me to say yes?

Was it ever officially announced that the C-MAX would be built here? I remember an article in the paper about it but I cant rememeber if was an official announcement. I do remember in the latest mods that we voted down that there was something handwritten in that said C-MAX going to MAP. I dont really see how thats valid since that was attached to passing the mods. Looking at it from a different angle, maybe the sales projections for the upcoming Focus will have the MAP plant working at capacity and when LAP comes online they will put it there...It is hard to speculate what will happen with what product going where and can make your head spin if you think about it too long. Lets just hope that we will all be working in the near future.

Edited by fordd

Was it ever officially announced that the C-MAX would be built here? I remember an article in the paper about it but I cant rememeber if was an official announcement. I do remember in the latest mods that we voted down that there was something handwritten in that said C-MAX going to MAP. I dont really see how thats valid since that was attached to passing the mods. Looking at it from a different angle, maybe the sales projections for the upcoming Focus will have the MAP plant working at capacity and when LAP comes online they will put it there...It is hard to speculate what will happen with what product going where and can make your head spin if you think about it too long. Lets just hope that we will all be working in the near future.

I do not think it is only the matter of the C-Max not being made in the US. There are other questions: Why did Ford double their capacity in Mexico while closing plants here? Why is Ford's best selling car made in mexico? Why are the Transit and Fiesta not built in the US? Why do we have UAW "Leadership" that thinks Ford management can do no wrong all the while we are loosing jobs and products in this country?

I do not think it is only the matter of the C-Max not being made in the US. There are other questions: Why did Ford double their capacity in Mexico while closing plants here? Why is Ford's best selling car made in mexico? Why are the Transit and Fiesta not built in the US? Why do we have UAW "Leadership" that thinks Ford management can do no wrong all the while we are loosing jobs and products in this country?

I do not think it is only the matter of the C-Max not being made in the US. There are other questions:

Why did Ford double their capacity in Mexico while closing plants here? Before the 2007 Agreement and the March Modifications we were at the $70 per hour rate. At this level of pay the only way any auto company would be profitable is to:

1. Source future product to foreign countries to get a lower, blended labor rate.

2. As this transition happens the US foot print of hourly and salary manpower will decrease until the operations are profitable again.

3. Continue to launch Fiesta, Flex, Edge, Fusion, C-Max etc,, to lower wage countries where the profit margins are larger.

4. Do nothing to make the D3 manpower more profitable and within 10 years there would be no D3 assembly operations in the USA.

I have to ask what would you do to keep jobs from going to other countries and at the same time source new products to the US operations.

You have 2 options.....

1. Demand it is wrong to be competitive and keep our rates at $70 per hour and watch Ford continue to send our work elsewhere.

OR

2. Pass modifications to make profitable vehicles in the USA.

Why is Ford's bestselling car made in Mexico? We were not competitive when the decision was made. I don’t think the UAW had the ability to pass modifications back then. The only way to pass what we did in March was to watch the possibility of bankruptcy. I do believe the UAW tried to keep the Fusion in the US in 2005.

Now there is no excuse to send work elsewhere, our labor rates are equal to the transplants!!!!!!

Why are the Transit and Fiesta not built in the US? See above

Why do we have UAW "Leadership" that thinks Ford management can do no wrong all the while we are losing jobs and products in this country? There is no excuse to lose work now. Everything we passed in March we will get the investment. The Octomods had the C Max investment and we turned it down. I am sure the UAW will continue to fight to regain this work even though we turned it down.

2011 negotiations will be the stage to get more work back in the USA. We are competitive and we all know it......... It won’t be easy.

In fact we will probably have to strike and it won’t be a short one.

I dont care who makes it, if its Foreign im not buying it! That includes Fusion, Fiesta, Transit, C-max and all Mazda's except for a Mazda 6! And no I dont put Canada in that category! Keep those POS's just like any Toyota or VW!!! :censored: