Ecoboost V6

Nothing official yet, but I imagine it will make an appearance sooner or later. Perhaps not until its 2nd model year though, similar to the Flex.

We can only hope. It seems that the Ecoboost will get a HP boost in the 2012 SHO (rumors of 400+). Maybe they are waiting on that for the Explorer.

There will be a "revise" EcoBoost V6 in a year or two.

I don't know anything specific, but it will be based on "lessons learned" from the 2.0L as it it went from 203 hp in the S-Max to 237 hp in the Mondeo and Explorer.

Could we assume that this is same engine revision being talked about in regards to the 400 HP SHO?

There are too many versions of the Cyclone at the moment IMHO - Between Taurus/MkS/Explorer and Edge/MkX/Flex/MkT there are the 3.5 w/o Ti-VCT, 3.5 Ecoboost, 3.5 w/ Ti-VCT, 3.7 w/o Ti-VCT, 3.7 w/Ti-VCT [MkX] (Not to mention both CAP and OAC will start seeing the 2.0 Ecoboost as well). Will Ti-VCT make it across the board for simplicity? What about the 3.5 Ecoboost, could that be the "upgrade"?

I'd like to see the 3.7Ti in the MkS, MkT, and PIs (Seems a better option than the Ecoboost for the PIs)

We used to drive the 2006 Explorer with the 4.0L. That put out 210 HP and 254 Torque. We were perfectly fine with its power. With the new 3.5L putting out 290 and 255 torque I suspect we will be more than pleased with its performance. It's also mated up to a 6 speed tranny now and is 100 lbs lighter. Unless they could manage to get more power out of the 3.7L with the "EXACT" same MPG then I would prefer the 3.5L. I don't want to sacrifice any MPG's givent he cost of gas and where it's surely going....again.

Edited by Jamers