2011 Explorer Order Status

I've heard two theories on "Bucked". One says that Bucked refers to the buckslip list of parts and specifications that follow a vehicle as it moves down the production line. The other says that the cradle that carries the body frame down the line is called a "Buck". Whatever the actual meaning, the Ford order system shows "Bucked" for orders that are just about to be built or that have just started the build process. There are no other interim statuses. The next status that your dealer can see is "Produced" (self explanatory).

If it has been bucked and that is fast I wonder if its because I am a salesman at the dealership

You can find out more than most. Your inventory manager can tell you how much allocation the dealership had (or has) and about the timing. In any case, that's great for you as your be down the road pretty soon!

I ordered the 2011 Explorer Limited FWD V6 on 8/10/10. I got the Limited $37190, Rapid Spec 301A $2,000, WHITE PLAT TRI color $495, and TRAILER TOW $570. Retail was $41060, DLR INV was $38626 and X-PLAN was $38748.78. After all fees, taxes and tag, retail would have been $43850 and X Plan was $41400. The dealer gave me a $500 credit for ordering and I put down $1000 for an out the door balance of $39900.

Ford began production on retail orders in early December

Received a VIN 1FMHK7F86BGA17457 Jan. 6th to begin production 1/20/11

Window sticker available 1/12/11 http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/windowsticker.aspx?vin=1FMHK7F86BGA17457

Still in production 1/24/11

In Transit - Arrived at Junction Point (Canadian National Railways ) Riverdale, IL Jan-31-2011, 21:36 CT.

ETA Feb-08-2011.

Still on track. In Transit - Passing (Csx Transportation ) Garrett, IN Feb-04-2011, 03:50 ET.

Still no delivery as of today so I will ask Cyberdman for another update tonight if I do not hear from the dealer,

Edited by GaryG

I ordered the 2011 Explorer Limited FWD V6 on 8/10/10. I got the Limited $37190, Rapid Spec 301A $2,000, WHITE PLAT TRI color $495, and TRAILER TOW $570. Retail was $41060, DLR INV was $38626 and X-PLAN was $38748.78. After all fees, taxes and tag, retail would have been $43850 and X Plan was $41400. The dealer gave me a $500 credit for ordering and I put down $1000 for an out the door balance of $39900.

Ford began production on retail orders in early December

Received a VIN 1FMHK7F86BGA17457 Jan. 6th to begin production 1/20/11

Window sticker available 1/12/11 http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/windowsticker.aspx?vin=1FMHK7F86BGA17457

Still in production 1/24/11

In Transit - Arrived at Junction Point (Canadian National Railways ) Riverdale, IL Jan-31-2011, 21:36 CT.

ETA Feb-08-2011.

Still on track. In Transit - Passing (Csx Transportation ) Garrett, IN Feb-04-2011, 03:50 ET.

Still no delivery as of today so I will ask Cyberdman for another update tonight if I do not hear from the dealer,

Drove my new Explorer home today about 3:30pm and it was well worth the wait! Pictures will follow but it's dark now.

My deal to replace my '02 was completed today. The dealer only wanted to give me $3,500 for my EB Explorer so I didn't trade it in. Today, I sold it for $5,500 cash so it was like making another $1,790 on the deal. I had to drop my asking price from $6,500 to $5,850 because I wasn't getting any calls. With gas prices rising and not much room in my driveway, I choose the cash and canceled the insurance today.

All and all, I had a lot of enjoyment out of my '02 Explorer and this new Explorer was here at the right time with the best incentives a Ford Man could ask for. That extra $1,500 in Loyalty made this a really sweet deal so thank you Ford! Got my eye on the 2012 Electric Focus for my son now.

I just ordered a XLT with 202A, dual panel moon roof, navigation, and roof rack. Dealer put order in on 2/23/2011. Any guesses on how long process is to get VIN and ultimately delivery. Will be contacting dealer to try to get order info soon. The order is also with an X-Plan Partner pin. Can any one give an idea of what incentives will apply with zip code of 01810?

I just ordered a XLT with 202A, dual panel moon roof, navigation, and roof rack. Dealer put order in on 2/23/2011. Any guesses on how long process is to get VIN and ultimately delivery. Will be contacting dealer to try to get order info soon. The order is also with an X-Plan Partner pin. Can any one give an idea of what incentives will apply with zip code of 01810?

Ordered my XLT with 202A with X-Plan partner program February 9. Build date is next Monday, March 7. My dealer gave me the VIN a week ago but I still cannot seem to pull up a window sticker on either of the sites where they usually appear. If anyone can help me with that, my VIN = 1FMHK7D81BGA37599.

Unless I'm mis-reading the Ford website, can anybody explain why, unless you get the Limited with a sticker price over 41k, it is not possible to get the Adaptive Cruise Control and Collission Warning with Brake Support, or the Active Park Assist?

The excellent Blind Spot Infomation System IS available on XLT but with a new 16-year-old driver in the house, I'd like to have ALL the new safety features without breaking the bank and paying for things like a power liftgate, rain sensing wipers, and perforated front seats.

Can anybody guess (apart from the obvious of pushing buyers to the top-of-the-line) why Ford wouldn't want to make it's best safety gear available (at extra cost) more widely across the lineup?

Ordered my XLT with 202A with X-Plan partner program February 9. Build date is next Monday, March 7. My dealer gave me the VIN a week ago but I still cannot seem to pull up a window sticker on either of the sites where they usually appear. If anyone can help me with that, my VIN = 1FMHK7D81BGA37599.

I have seen several posts that it can take awhile before you can see the sticker after getting the VIN. Thanks for posting your info and I guess we just have to be patient.

You are lucky "At the Beach." I ordered my Black Limited on Feb. 3 and have yet to hear anything and as of this last week dealer said no VIN was assigned yet. This waiting is killing me! Forums help though, reading about everyone's new Explorers.

Order: Black ext/Black Int. 302A rapid spec Limited Feb. 3

Edited by impc830

You are lucky "At the Beach." I ordered my Black Limited on Feb. 3 and have yet to hear anything and as of this last week dealer said no VIN was assigned yet. This waiting is killing me! Forums help though, reading about everyone's new Explorers.

Order: Black ext/Black Int. 302A rapid spec Limited Feb. 3

My EX has been built and is awaiting shipping. ETA to delaer is 3/7, as originally scheduled. :happy feet: Gold Leaf XLT, 202A, dual moonroof, trailer tow, pwr liftgate orderd on 1/14.