2011 Explorer Order Status

Good read

CHICAGO, Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ --

" * To prepare to build the all-new Ford Explorer, the Chicago Assembly Plant underwent a complete renovation of its assembly line and accompanying machinery, added new tools, updated workstations and conducted comprehensive training for new and existing employees"

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fords-chicago-assembly-plant-readies-for-new-explorer-production-with-training-renovations-111118904.html

If you start calling the dealers claiming they have 11's in stock you will find out very quickly that they are lying. In fact most that are advertised are not even built yet let alone on a dealers lot...

The majority of the orders that are currently being built are for Ford corporate use and the rest are mostly dealer stock. Very few customer units have made it to the scheduled level at this point...

Edited by PowerStrokeHD

They have formally updated the mileage on the specs page: http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/2011/specifications/capacities/

22.5 gal gas tank too...I thought it was smaller than that. For some reason that was news to me....good news though.

The specs said the tank was 18.6 gallons which is smaller than my '02 Explorer that has a 21 gallon tank.

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2011_Explorer_Specs.pdf

I was just reading the spec sheet. A loss of over 2 inches of headroom in the 1st and 2nd rows with AWD vs FWD? Can someone explain that?

My guess is that they are inaccurate and out of date - note that it even says AWD vs 4WD. The Explorer is not an AWD vehicle. The date on that PDF is from July. I think the website would be more accurate and there is no mention of a difference with FWD and 4WD: http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/specifications/interior/

My guess is that they are inaccurate and out of date - note that it even says AWD vs 4WD. The Explorer is not an AWD vehicle. The date on that PDF is from July. I think the website would be more accurate and there is no mention of a difference with FWD and 4WD: http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/specifications/interior/

The Explorer is AWD just like the Flex and Edge. It's the same system. They did change the computer controls but it's really just a marketing thing - 4wd sounds better for an Explorer.

Wish just came true that Ford would offer another incentive for people with existing Explorers. They have targeted Explorer owners to purchase the new 2011 Explorer and now have stepped up to the plate with a $1,500 incentive. I've owned ~5 Explorers and had plan to trade my '02 EB on the 2011 I ordered. I'm not sure if I need to do a trade or just presently own one. Marielle?

"Already own a Ford Explorer? You’re in luck because FoMoCo is offering existing Explorer owners an extra incentives if they wish to purchase a 2011 model year. The incentives include $750 for a lease deal to $1,500 for a purchase agreement."

http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/12/07/already-own-a-ford-explorer-ford-will-offer-you-incentives-on-the-2011-model-year/

"MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch will allow customers to interact with the navigation system through a touch screen interface or SYNC's voice recognition capabilities to find local information and navigate to their destinations. The system includes an 8-inch touch screen in the center stack and dual 4.2-inch screens in the instrument cluster to showcase full color maps and guidance information. TeleNav's SD card-based navigation system provides an easily updateable option compared to CD, DVD or hard-drive-based systems."

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Ford-Selects-TeleNav-as-Global-Navigation-Partner-for-MyFord-Touch-Equipped-Vehicles-NASDAQ-TNAV-1366331.htm

Has anyone heard how orders are being prioritized for production? We have a DORA dated August 11, 2010 for an XLT but as of yesterday it is still not scheduled to be built! The lease on our '08 ends December 27 and were hopefull things would fall into place but it looks like I'll be extending my lease.

Is there a way to track orders from the DORA without being a Ford employee?

Yes, on your DORA there is a Dealer Code and Order Number like mine - F24220 / R024. If you have posted in this forum more than 10 times, you can ask a Ford Employee named Cyberdman to track your vehicle here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/page__prune_day__100__sort_by__Z-A__sort_key__last_post__topicfilter__all

You must read his rules and follow the directions here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41207-attention-for-updates-please-read-me/

I ordered my Limited 8/10/10 and no VIN yet but my priority is 15 according to my DORA. What is your Priority? I'm not expecting to see my Limited until Feb now because Ford has got twice the orders they expected - 15,000. Also, they didn't start production until Dec. 1st and most of us expected production to start Nov. 3rd.

Here is my status: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41222-ordered-a-2011-explorer-81010/

Read some other request in the locator forum to get an idea how to post for the status.

Thanks for the info. I too am at priority 15 but I am told this means something different at each dealer. Checking with my salesman, they typically start all orders with priority 15. Just out of curiosity, where do you see the order number listed on the DORA? I have it in front of me and see the dealer code but nothing as far as an order number!

Thanks for the info. I too am at priority 15 but I am told this means something different at each dealer. Checking with my salesman, they typically start all orders with priority 15. Just out of curiosity, where do you see the order number listed on the DORA? I have it in front of me and see the dealer code but nothing as far as an order number!

Right after Body K7F (mine) it says ORD R024 for my order number. It's true that every dealer uses the system different but here is what someone wrote about Priorities:

"2. Priority Codes. This is listed on the far right upper portion of a DORA. Its also on the dealers print outs of order status. This only applies until a unit is scheudled. Once assigned a VIN this doesn't mean anything anymore.

The codes start at 1 and run to 99. A dealer can only assign between 10 and 99. A 99 order can't be schuduled. I use these for people that tell me to get them a unit on date (later than normal orders take). I put in a 99'd order so I have what they wanted in the system and don't forget about it and then change it to a buildable priority when time comes they're ready for the truck. The region (or other Ford divisions) can prioritize below 10, I've only seen a 01 priority below 10. They do this in the event of something unusual, most orders never see a priority 01. An example is if they're manually scheduling (like the First F-150 for each dealer, or first year T Birds) or if its something that needs to be urgent (first order destroyed in shipping, etc). Again I normally only see this a few times a year. Also if you do get a priority 01, things usually get scheduled fast even if you have some hard to get commodites (but not hold items). More on commodities later. I believe that the under 10 prioritys go first through the allocation system.

Other priorities are to organize what order the dealer wants the trucks in. These only affect that dealer and have no bearing on other dealers. If a dealer only uses 50 or higher, another dealer that starts at 10 won't get his trucks any sooner. This system is to organize the order so they are "in a row" for scheduling. That way in the first pass of scheduling they only look at 1 truck per dealer, then on second pass look at 2nd one. Regardless of what the number actually is. If 50's the lowest at dealer a and 10's my lowest, they are both in the first pass, and are equal to each other.

More than one order can have the same priority. If this happens they system looks at order types and then order date. Retails take priority over stock and oldest takes priority. For example:

order 1234 Retail order date 9/3/03

order 4321 Retail order date 5/5/03

order 5555 Stock order date 4/4/03

The Retail orders take priority and then oldest order comes first. So the system would look at these in this order:

Order 4321 because its the oldest retail at this priority

order 1234 2nd as its a retail

order 5555 being a stock order its 2nd despite order date.

Also Priority can override stock, retail or order date. If a retail is priority 20 and a stock is 19, the stock tries to schedule first, the retail and date thing only applies to orders with the same priority number.

So the big thing I want everyone to know is don't get too worried if your not a priority 01 as this is very rare, also don't worry if your not at priority 10, I start my retail ordes at 20 so I've got some room if something comes up that I need to prioritize under my current orders I can."

Oh I did see that! Mine says 1000 so I was thrown off by yours starting with a letter! I still have some posts to go before I attempt to use cyberdman's valuable time! I did get confirmation from the dealer (Elder Ford 48B013) that my $500 order rebate has been approved, just nothing yet for a VIN! The confirmation from Ford Corporate also shows order 1000 on it, so I guess I'll go with that!

Thanks again!

Edited by AJSimms217

Oh I did see that! Mine says 1000 so I was thrown off by yours starting with a letter! I still have some posts to go before I attempt to use cyberdman's valuable time! I did get confirmation from the dealer (Elder Ford 48B013) that my $500 order rebate has been approved, just nothing yet for a VIN! The confirmation from Ford Corporate also shows order 1000 on it, so I guess I'll go with that!

Thanks again!

Here is what was explained:

"Next on an order is an order number. This doesn't mean much its just a way of tracking. Its a 4 digit number (or letters) and is assigned by the dealer. I use the order date for mine. This is one of the 3 items you need to check the status of an order."

So that 1000 maybe the first Explorer ordered by your dealership.