2011 Explorer Order Status

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to find out what is actually going on with their vehicles after they are built? I ordered my Ex XLT on August 11. It was built February 3rd according to the window sticker and between Cyberdman and dealer I've determined it has been released for shipping and back to the plant at least 4 times and re-released for shipping! I would just like to know what is going on each time it goes to the plant and if I'm waiting for a lemon to arrive!

i ordered our explorer limited 302a golden bronze pecan seats dual buckets 2nd row console,dvd ect... on jan 27 and still hasnt been schedukled yet or anything. my wife is getting pretty anxious about getting it especially since i just got my 2011 f150 last week. i cant seem to get a straight answer about the build process from my manager. i work at the dealership i ordered it from. WTF!!! FML!!

Maybe it has something to do with the 302A. It looks like an earlier poster had an order placed within a couple weeks of yours (also 302A) and hasn't received a VIN or anything.

I dont think that is it, I ordered 2/6 and got my vin and it is being built week of the 14th. I ordered the 302a. Could be color/drivetrain combo as they do runs of the same color. Could also be allocation which is more probable.

i ordered our explorer limited 302a golden bronze pecan seats dual buckets 2nd row console,dvd ect... on jan 27 and still hasnt been schedukled yet or anything. my wife is getting pretty anxious about getting it especially since i just got my 2011 f150 last week. i cant seem to get a straight answer about the build process from my manager. i work at the dealership i ordered it from. WTF!!! FML!!

Ask your inventory manager what type of allocation they have for Explorer and where they have the priority for your vehicle.

Marginal Economist,

Based on your above post, am I to assume that my order will not be allocated or serialized until the dealer I placed my order with sells the three units on their lot? For instance, say the dealer's allocation is for five Explorers, and three are on the lot and two people with orders before me have been serialized. Does this mean my order will not be given a VIN until either they sell the units in stock or the previous orders take delivery?

Marginal Economist,

Based on your above post, am I to assume that my order will not be allocated or serialized until the dealer I placed my order with sells the three units on their lot? For instance, say the dealer's allocation is for five Explorers, and three are on the lot and two people with orders before me have been serialized. Does this mean my order will not be given a VIN until either they sell the units in stock or the previous orders take delivery?

No. Your retail order is seperate. Dealerships recieve allocation for Explorers based on their avaialbility and sales history, and then additional allocataion to cover retail units. Let's say a dealership has 3 retail units, and earn on additional unit for stock. They have 4 units to build that month. For April production, there are 4 weekes that Explorers are building. They may get 1 each week. They could get 0,2,0,2 or any other combination. The order that the unit is picked is based on the priority codes. Retails are scheduled 10-19, Stock 20-80. If a commodity is not available, it may be skipped - Ford tries to get the commodities to the retail units first.

Sorry if it rambled a bit.

Placed order for Sterling Gray XLT with 202A, Nav and Power Lift Gate on Feb 19th. Dealer said 6 to 8 weeks. Just got VIN number and Window Sticker. Is the number on the bottom of the sheet the build date (3/14/11). Seems exceptionally fast and dealer as always is spot on. If the 14th is the build date, when could i expect the vehicle in NYC Area?

Placed order for Sterling Gray XLT with 202A, Nav and Power Lift Gate on Feb 19th. Dealer said 6 to 8 weeks. Just got VIN number and Window Sticker. Is the number on the bottom of the sheet the build date (3/14/11). Seems exceptionally fast and dealer as always is spot on. If the 14th is the build date, when could i expect the vehicle in NYC Area?

Looking through the tracking forum, it looks like in most cases it takes about a week or 2 (best case) once it's been produced to make it to its final destination. It looks like there were some Explorers that were held up before shipping though so that they could re-work something and that may delay things if it happens.

Looking through the tracking forum, it looks like in most cases it takes about a week or 2 (best case) once it's been produced to make it to its final destination. It looks like there were some Explorers that were held up before shipping though so that they could re-work something and that may delay things if it happens.

You can count me as one of the unfortunate ones to be held in quality containment. There are apparently between 8,000 and 10,000 that were built between mid-Januaru and mid-February that are slow to get released. Mine was built February 3rd and there is still no sign of it 6 weeks later!

Count yourself lucky Empesario.... I ordered roughly 5 days prior to you and still have yet receive a VIN. Would love to get a VIN right now, however it means I'm at least another week farther away from a car payment. Gotta look on the bright side right AJSimms217?

• 2 weeks later...

anyone able to shed some light?

ordered on 2/17.

was told it had a build date 3/14

with an ETA of 3/21.

sounded too good to be true.

then I was told on 3/15 - the build date is 3/17....

the dealer said on monday 3/21 - shipped in transit. should be here any day.

spoke with them last friday and yesterday - all they keep saying is its IN TRANSIT - should be anyday.

I said you cant tell me that everyday for 3 weeks. its been 3 calls in two weeks - with anyday now. driving me batty.