2011 Explorer Order Status

I ordered the 2011 Explorer Limited FWD V6 today and the dealer said he does not need the XPlan PIN until it arrives. I got the Limited $37190, Rapid Spec 301A $2,000, WHITE PLAT TRI color $495, and TRAILER TOW $570. Retail was $41060, DLR INV was $38626 and X PLAN was $38748.78. After all fees of taxes and tags, retail would have been $43850 and X Plan was $41400. The dealer gave me a $500 credit for ordering and I put down $1000 for an out the door balance of $39900. Hopefully, Ford will offer other incentives by the time it gets here which they estimate about 10 weeks.

Please List your 2011 Explorer order or purchase here in this thread so others here can see the process and any problems we're having. Hopefully, my order can be built without any delays like the EcoBoost or 302A Rapid Spec package would cause which are available only in early 2011. If you discover any other delays please post them here. THANKS

Congrats on the order, but I have to say that the 10 week delivery estimate is a bit optimistic considering production does not even begin until November 1. Once production begins it is likely they will run a good couple of weeks worth of production before Ford will give the OK to ship and that is if everything is going well. End of November is a more realistic estimate as to when they will start arriving at the dealers...

Congrats on the order, but I have to say that the 10 week delivery estimate is a bit optimistic considering production does not even begin until November 1. Once production begins it is likely they will run a good couple of weeks worth of production before Ford will give the OK to ship and that is if everything is going well. End of November is a more realistic estimate as to when they will start arriving at the dealers...

I agree and don't expect it till Xmas myself. The salesman said 8 - 10 weeks but I know better from ordering an '05 and '09 FEH. I'm in no hurry but I knew I should get the order in for Xmas time for my wife. She knows I ordered it for her before they are even at the dealers so everyone has to wait at this point. This unit is already sold and I'm sure Ford wants to get it to me and get their money in these hard times. I'm also sure Ford wants to see those turning heads at this new design and have people running to the dealers trying to get one. This is what America needs right now and I'm just doing my part and enjoying it all the way!

I agree and don't expect it till Xmas myself. The salesman said 8 - 10 weeks but I know better from ordering an '05 and '09 FEH. I'm in no hurry but I knew I should get the order in for Xmas time for my wife. She knows I ordered it for her before they are even at the dealers so everyone has to wait at this point. This unit is already sold and I'm sure Ford wants to get it to me and get their money in these hard times. I'm also sure Ford wants to see those turning heads at this new design and have people running to the dealers trying to get one. This is what America needs right now and I'm just doing my part and enjoying it all the way!

If production starts Nov.1 Christmas is optimistic. Your salesman should know better and not spread disinformation. I think that's half the reason many customers get upset. Including those waiting for their FEHs

If production starts Nov.1 Christmas is optimistic. Your salesman should know better and not spread disinformation. I think that's half the reason many customers get upset. Including those waiting for their FEHs

This was a typical salesman that knows little to nothing about the big picture of manufacturing. I don't think it's confirmed that the Explorer production will even start Nov. 1st or the end of Nov and maybe longer. The 400 million revamp of the plant is not finished yet so things could get delayed even more. Ford is not going to hire a second shift to stand around and do nothing either. Who knows, I might end up with an early 2012 Explorer and there may be no 2011 Explorer ever made. The way the economy is going right now, Ford may not even get the orders it needs to start production. I certainly don't see this board lighting up with buyers like the FEH produced.

This was a typical salesman that knows little to nothing about the big picture of manufacturing. I don't think it's confirmed that the Explorer production will even start Nov. 1st or the end of Nov and maybe longer. The 400 million revamp of the plant is not finished yet so things could get delayed even more. Ford is not going to hire a second shift to stand around and do nothing either. Who knows, I might end up with an early 2012 Explorer and there may be no 2011 Explorer ever made. The way the economy is going right now, Ford may not even get the orders it needs to start production. I certainly don't see this board lighting up with buyers like the FEH produced.

really in pp build now

• 3 weeks later...

Job #1 for the 2011 Explorer is set for November 1st. I don't expect to see them on the ground at dealers until New Year's.

I'll stick with your opinion and not expect mine until then or even later. Limited, White Plat, FWD, 301A and Tow Package for the boat. Worth the wait!

I'll stick with your opinion and not expect mine until then or even later. Limited, White Plat, FWD, 301A and Tow Package for the boat. Worth the wait!

just curious you went FWD and doing boat hauling? would the AWD be a bit better with those slippery ramps?

just curious you went FWD and doing boat hauling? would the AWD be a bit better with those slippery ramps?

I use to buy AWD Broncos but it was overkill. I've had 3 Explorers with RWD limited-slip and they never had any problems getting the boat up the ramps anywhere in Florida. The 2011 FWD should be as good if not better at towing than the RWD Explorers for three reasons. The ramps are the cleanest where the front wheels are, the weight from the engine and transaxle are on the front end, and you don't need limited-slip because you have traction control now. The V6 now has 290hp with enough torque and that should be plenty.

One of the main reasons I'm upgrading from my '02 EB V8 Explorer is gas mileage and I'm not going to spoil that with AWD. I'll save the gas and use it in the boat for my new Honda 4 stroke 150 which also gets great mileage. I'm planning a road trip to the Florida Keys as soon as I get the new engine broke-in for towing. Maybe I should post here about how the 2011 performs when I get back. Just got back from there for lobster season and the brakes were not stopping me as good as they use to in my '02 Explorer. I had a heavy load so I'll be able to compare the same load with the new Explorer and report my findings here.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the 2011 Explorer Limited FWD V6 today and the dealer said he does not need the XPlan PIN until it arrives. I got the Limited $37190, Rapid Spec 301A $2,000, WHITE PLAT TRI color $495, and TRAILER TOW $570. Retail was $41060, DLR INV was $38626 and X PLAN was $38748.78. After all fees of taxes and tags, retail would have been $43850 and X Plan was $41400. The dealer gave me a $500 credit for ordering and I put down $1000 for an out the door balance of $39900. Hopefully, Ford will offer other incentives by the time it gets here which they estimate about 10 weeks.

Congratulations on the order, sounds like it will be a nice vehicle. I posted in another location, but my dealership has offered to allow me to take one, when they get it in, for a day and test drive it,. I'm looking forward to that. I have been looking at this and the weight of the new Explorer is about the same weight as my current 2010 Explorer and it came in at 4,652 pounds shipped. So I'm thinking that the current engine will be slightly under powered for the weight of the truck and hopefully, it will have the muscle to pull your boat out of the water. I don't think the 4 cylinder will do much better. I like a car or truck that gets up and goes.

I'm hoping that in a year or two that Ford will add the Ecoboost 3.5 engine to the line up and have it pumping out 400 horsepower and a ton of torque. I just don't like to buy something unseen, but that is me, so hopefully in a few years, I may be ready to pick one up. Now have you received a VIN for your truck? If so would you please post it. I would like to see the Window Sticker and other information.

Thanks and enjoy.

Now have you received a VIN for your truck? If so would you please post it. I would like to see the Window Sticker and other information.

Thanks and enjoy.

I haven't even been back to the dealer since I placed the order because the factory is not going to start building the 2011 Explorer till November 1st. The salesman told me it should be here in 8 - 10 weeks when I ordered it but I knew that was not true. I tracked my '09 FEH here at blueoval but that guy quit doing it here. Do you know if I get a VIN how to track them now? Do you have access to a Ford computer that can pull up my Window Sticker when I get my VIN? Anyone?

Gary

I haven't even been back to the dealer since I placed the order because the factory is not going to start building the 2011 Explorer till November 1st. The salesman told me it should be here in 8 - 10 weeks when I ordered it but I knew that was not true. I tracked my '09 FEH here at blueoval but that guy quit doing it here. Do you know if I get a VIN how to track them now? Do you have access to a Ford computer that can pull up my Window Sticker when I get my VIN? Anyone?

Gary

here is the link for the window sticker http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin= (put your VIN number in).

This will give you an idea of what the build date would be, but to actually track, I can't do that since, I don't work for Ford.

My dealer said there was no VIN yet and only said I have a Order # R024. Does anyone know if this is a valid number or what it means?

Thanks

Found a link that explains the ordering process. I ask my salesman for a copy of my DORA and he gave me this # R024 as a order number. This is what I think this number is:

Dealer code- This is also on the order and is needed to check the status of an order (with Ford, dealer only gets listing of his units). This is a set of 2 numbers, a letter, and 3 more numbers. The first two corespond to the region, letter tells the zone in that region, and last 3 identify the dealer. Mine is 53W544 (53=KC region, Zone W, dealer 544). This is the 3rd thing needed to check the status of an order. All 3 are listed together on a DORA on the Upper portion far right a few blank lines below the priority code.

http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=2346

This is good reading if you order a new vehicle. I better get a correct DORA when I see my salesman Thursday.

My salesman faxed me a copy of my DORA today and it's under my name and the order was confirmed as an X Plan with a priority of 15. Everything was ordered as I requested. The date the DORA was issued was the day I ordered the 2011 Explorer on 8/10/10. I'll post when I get a VIN.

As on this date, the status of my order is:

F24220 / R024 (Dealer Code / Order Number)

In Order Processing - Unscheduled- Clean on Aug-10-2010.

"Unscheduled - Clean" means:

The order has been received, successfully edited, and is awaiting scheduling action.

My salesman faxed me a copy of my DORA today and it's under my name and the order was confirmed as an X Plan with a priority of 15. Everything was ordered as I requested. The date the DORA was issued was the day I ordered the 2011 Explorer on 8/10/10. I'll post when I get a VIN.

Priority 15? Why not a 10...or did they use all of their 10 priorities on dealer stock units? If the dealership from which you bought does not get many Explorer allocations, yours might not even get built during the first month of production.

Priority 15? Why not a 10...or did they use all of their 10 priorities on dealer stock units? If the dealership from which you bought does not get many Explorer allocations, yours might not even get built during the first month of production.

The bottom line is retail orders come before dealer stock orders from Ford.

Priority Codes. This is listed on the far right upper portion of a DORA. It's also on the dealers print outs of order status. This only applies until a unit is scheduled. Once assigned a VIN this doesn't mean anything anymore.

Other priorities are to organize what order the dealer wants the trucks in. These only affect that dealer and have no bearing on other dealers. If a dealer only uses 50 or higher, another dealer that starts at 10 won't get his trucks any sooner. This system is to organize the order so they are "in a row" for scheduling. That way in the first pass of scheduling they only look at 1 truck per dealer, then on second pass look at 2nd one. Regardless of what the number actually is. If 50's the lowest at dealer a and 10's my lowest, they are both in the first pass, and are equal to each other.

More than one order can have the same priority. If this happens the system looks at order types and then order date. Retails take priority over stock and oldest takes priority. For example:

order 1234 Retail order date 9/3/03

order 4321 Retail order date 5/5/03

order 5555 Stock order date 4/4/03

The Retail orders take priority and then oldest order comes first. So the system would look at these in this order:

Order 4321 because its the oldest retail at this priority

order 1234 2nd as its a retail

order 5555 being a stock order its 2nd despite order date.

Also, Priority can override stock, retail or order date. If a retail is priority 20 and a stock is 19, the stock tries to schedule first, the retail and date thing only applies to orders with the same priority number.

I don't worry if I'm not at priority 10, Some dealers start retail orders at 20 so they've got some room if something comes up that need to prioritize under current orders.

My retail order is X Plan and a Priority 15 with an early ordering date. Not bad IMHO. Of course the dealer is going to put a higher priority on stock orders and higher retail orders than an X plan order. I was careful in ordering a Limited without delayed options such as the 302A package or Eco Boost engine.

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates? Are they still scheduled to start retail production November? Talked my dealer yesterday and he said he hadn't heard anything good or bad so he assumed all is well.

Just ordered a 2011 Explorer XLT FWD with the 202A package on z-plan (price before taxes and after rebates $30,098 with zero down) and I am being told not expect it before late January but I am hoping to get by x-mas so any updates would be appreciated. Thanks

Current: 2010 Ford Fusion SEL AWD, 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Future: 2011 Ford Explorer XLT

Past Fords: 2005 Mustang GT, 2007 Edge SE AWD, 2007 F150 XLT SC 4x4, 2005 Taurus SE, 2003 Windstar SEL, 2001 Windstar SEL, 1987 Mustang GT

Any updates? Are they still scheduled to start retail production November? Talked my dealer yesterday and he said he hadn't heard anything good or bad so he assumed all is well.

Just ordered a 2011 Explorer XLT FWD with the 202A package on z-plan (price before taxes and after rebates $30,098 with zero down) and I am being told not expect it before late January but I am hoping to get by x-mas so any updates would be appreciated. Thanks

Current: 2010 Ford Fusion SEL AWD, 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Future: 2011 Ford Explorer XLT

Past Fords: 2005 Mustang GT, 2007 Edge SE AWD, 2007 F150 XLT SC 4x4, 2005 Taurus SE, 2003 Windstar SEL, 2001 Windstar SEL, 1987 Mustang GT

That's a great price! There are many options that will delay your order and that's one of the reasons I choose the Limited 301A package. Just got an update last week from Cyberdman and there has been no change from the day I ordered it on 8/10/10. You need to get a copy of your DORA and track your order with the Dealer Code and Order Number on the DORA. The DORA is generated from Ford by the next working day after your dealer ordered the vehicle. Cyberdman is a Ford employee that will track your vehicle if you play by his rules that you must read before posting a request to track your order. I suggest you start reading my request for tracking first to see Cyberdman's response and don't bug him often. Before you can post in that Forum you need to have posted at least 10 times in this Forum or at BlueOval. I see this was your 1st post so you will need to get posting. This link will get you to the tracking Forum and you can read some material and ask questions here to build up your post numbers:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

The last I heard, Ford is beginning production of the 2011 Explorer on 11/3/10.

That's a great price! There are many options that will delay your order and that's one of the reasons I choose the Limited 301A package. Just got an update last week from Cyberdman and there has been no change from the day I ordered it on 8/10/10. You need to get a copy of your DORA and track your order with the Dealer Code and Order Number on the DORA. The DORA is generated from Ford by the next working day after your dealer ordered the vehicle. Cyberdman is a Ford employee that will track your vehicle if you play by his rules that you must read before posting a request to track your order. I suggest you start reading my request for tracking first to see Cyberdman's response and don't bug him often. Before you can post in that Forum you need to have posted at least 10 times in this Forum or at BlueOval. I see this was your 1st post so you will need to get posting. This link will get you to the tracking Forum and you can read some material and ask questions here to build up your post numbers:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

The last I heard, Ford is beginning production of the 2011 Explorer on 11/3/10.

I'm a fan of the Ford Explorer on facebook and I mentioned about the production date and this is the response that I got:

Terry - we have not stated an production date but there has been no movement in the production date for the truck. Jay

So when production will begin it still up in the air. I know that www.dealerconnection.com doesn't have the Explorer listed in the 2011 MY. So I definetly wouldn't expect it before the end of the year. I thought I heard some where that the current Explorer/Sport Trac will conclude production at the end of the year. So we all need to be patient.