Camaro's New Trick: Dome Light blinks with turn signal

PREMiERdrum

From THIS thread over at Camaro5

My wife and I were on a roadtrip for the last two weeks. We were driving through Ohio late and were coming up on a toll booth and had the dome light on trying to get our money together.

I happened to signal left while the dome light was on and noticed the dome light blinked with the left turn signal.

So I tried the right turn signal and the dome light stayed solid.

mine does this as well, when i press the brakes too. Since day one

Funny, just checked and mine does it too.

It's not an actual full blink though, it just dims.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with electrial issues. I posted awhile back about my wifes windows would all go down when she locked it with the key fob. They fixed that, but now the left turn signal does the samething as yours. We haven't even bothered to take it in for that. I'm kind of getting tired of it. They have more than we do.

By the way it really doesn't bother her because how often do you drive with the dome light on anyhow. Just strange.

mine does it aswell not sure about turn signals but i know for sure it dims when i put my breaks on

Mine has always done both since day one, it doesn't bother me so I never complained about it to the dealer.

But hey, forget about all the problems. They're so much easier to get than a '11 Mustang GT! :confused:

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Buddy calls me last night.

"wanna go to the carshow"?

"Carshow?, where"?

"Once a year in Dartmouth they have an impromtu carshow, they try to get as many as possible, should be about 1000 cars"

"Sure"

we get there and there is probably close to the 1000 mark! Of course there is half a dozen new camaro's spread throughout the place some completely stock, a few with shiny shit on them.

As one is cruising by I ask how he likes it. He looks at his other half then says he loves it. Any problems? Oh a couple but nothing important. I said hows the electrical? He gives me a blank look not sure if I'm going to bash the car or praise it.

Turn on your dome light. He did.

Turn on your left signal light. He did.

Notice you dome like blinking too? WTF??!!??!!

At this point the other half gives a huge sigh says "this fucking car" and looks out her window.

I'm thinking he had more than "a couple" issues.

Saw two more, asked them, same results.

3 for 3 :shades:

And they're offering stock for this company? ohh, ohh, can I buy some? NOT! :hysterical::hysterical:

• Like 1

Buddy calls me last night.

"wanna go to the carshow"?

"Carshow?, where"?

"Once a year in Dartmouth they have an impromtu carshow, they try to get as many as possible, should be about 1000 cars"

"Sure"

we get there and there is probably close to the 1000 mark! Of course there is half a dozen new camaro's spread throughout the place some completely stock, a few with shiny shit on them.

As one is cruising by I ask how he likes it. He looks at his other half then says he loves it. Any problems? Oh a couple but nothing important. I said hows the electrical? He gives me a blank look not sure if I'm going to bash the car or praise it.

Turn on your dome light. He did.

Turn on your left signal light. He did.

Notice you dome like blinking too? WTF??!!??!!

At this point the other half gives a huge sigh says "this fucking car" and looks out her window.

I'm thinking he had more than "a couple" issues.

Saw two more, asked them, same results.

3 for 3 :shades:

And they're offering stock for this company? ohh, ohh, can I buy some? NOT! :hysterical::hysterical:

:hysterical:

I nominate goinbroke2 for POTW. :shades: