'09 Jetta Investigated

ANTAUS

I had 12 friends who had 98-03 models many years ago, and after that experience, I would drive a Hyundai before a VW...sure the Materials inside and attention to detail is great (within the first 3-4 years they hold up), but I have never seen such a royal POS ever, like Kia like, on how horrible the vehicle was. Each and every one of those cars had a full list of issues wrong with it. None of them ever went back to VW after their experiences.

I had 12 friends who had 98-03 models many years ago, and after that experience, I would drive a Hyundai before a VW...sure the Materials inside and attention to detail is great (within the first 3-4 years they hold up), but I have never seen such a royal POS ever, like Kia like, on how horrible the vehicle was. Each and every one of those cars had a full list of issues wrong with it. None of them ever went back to VW after their experiences.

Your friends experience echo what I've seen locally. When I had my Mazda, the dealership was also a VW at the time. Whenever I took my car there which was rarely there was at least 1 really disgruntled VW customer there at the service desk battling with the management about their POS. They just aren't reliable as far as I'm concerned.

But we aren't talking like POS like on a toilet bowl where your just flush it and be done with it...wer are talking POS, like out in a field, like Manure, where it's festering under the hot sun for days with worms crawling out of it. I LOATHE of what I had to endure with my friends to get their vehicles fixed. To the point where I told them if they repeated and bought another VW I would no longer speak to them...I'm saying ABHOR them...

More info about high-pressure fuel pump failures on 2.0L common rail TDI engines: LINK (TDIClub)

One 2010 JSW TDI owner summed up the situation as thus :

- There is no definite cause for the failures.

- There is no definite fix for the failures to prevent future failures.

- There is no definite way for you to cover your ass and prevent a possible $10,000 repair bill.

:eek5:

I hope VW is taking this issue as seriously as its spokesman mentioned in this article. Bringing the latest generation common-rail diesel engines to U.S. market cars is challenging enough as it is (for which VW should be commended) - it would be a shame if this particular issue slows the adoption of diesel powered cars here!