SALINE NEWS

The Dirty One DTP

Saline does 98% of all the IP's (Instrument Panels) for all of Ford Motor. They just got new work in there 3 months ago. If you were from Saline or any other ACH plant don't you feel that you should have the right to go back and do those jobs?

As for other automakers making IP's they have their own plants and way of making them just like Saline does. What does other auto maker's have to do with Saline? I don't get your question.

And the products that Saline makes for Ford ARE IMPORTANT, like the guy said above, that is the first thing you see when you get in your car and you look at it all the time while in it.

If someone doesn't know what I'm talking about they really need to go over to Saline and take a factory tour to see what goes on. Their quality there is like 99.9% vs other plants where their quality lacks big time. SRP for example has a big quality and scrap problem, they did for years and still do. Their AO department (Radiator and Heater Core) has had scrap and quality problems up the wazoo for years partly because of the engineering process and the temp workers. These visticrap temp workers don't care about their jobs, they go to work every day pissed because they make 15 bucks less then the left over 100 people in the plant with them are making. How would you feel if you had to work everyday with that in the back of your mind.

BTW I call them Visteon workers, because ACH is nothing but a baby of Visteon. It will too go sour eventually.

Now take into account that you have Ford "buyout" people taking old Visteon jobs including HR and front office add to that mix and what do you get a major pile of crap.

Visteon did go out of business btw. They operate now back under the Ford umbrella which is the only think keeping them alive. Visteon is basically a trucking company now. hahahahahahahahah

Everyone better get with their local unions and start bitching about these job placements, and all you people with 25 years in or more, get ready to start working because the company wants you OUT!! When they start taking away your "Walk around" jobs and make you work, I'm sure your ass will be gone, and that's just what they want.

Face it people, they are slowly getting out the 30.00 an hour jobs. It may take them another 15 years to do it, but that's what they are looking at down the road. And I wouldn't put it past the IUAW again to bargain for pay cuts this next contract.

Are you willing to take a $5 paycut for a nice large check say $5k?? (before taxes)??? I hope your not.. and shame on you if you do..

Maybe ford want to pay less for IP'S? i worked at an ach plant and took a $5hr cut, skilled to production.

Ha Ha this is funny. :hysterical: Scrap problem ya thats why saline has 3 regrind machines running around the clock and when one breaks down it piles up like crazy. Dont kid yourself saline has a scrap problem they just grind it up. They might be better at not letting it get to the assembly plant though.

When saline does a color change over on their skins, they run off 10-12 pieces before they start using the new colors, so if this is what your talking about, this has to be done so they don't get color streaks in the IP skins. Their regrind is re-used unlike plants like SRP where their aluminum scrap from heater cores or radiators has to be weighed, shipped out to be re-melted down which is considered a cost and another process (I know because I worked there and my dad did that job).

The regrind at saline for IP's is not considered to be a cost to the plant because those pieces they run are separated into colors, regrinded and re-made in the same plant. If the person doing the regrinding can't keep up with the process then you should bring this to your process engineer. Or they should fix the machine that is always going down. Remember there is no money for parts and fixing anymore and those individuals that do the fixing at Saline, well we all know that story don't we?.. hahahaha

Now regarding console side color panels, they make them there and that is the same process, that regrind gets reused. The only scrap that doesn't get reused are the console buckets that hold the whole console together. Those are outsourced to another company and they do that, plus there is hardly any scrap when it comes to those pieces, I know because I used to put them on the line along with the wire harnesses for the Escape. The only scrap the Escape line gets at Saline are Harnesses if any at all cause they are made in Mexico. We ran a tight ship on that line, always got production and our quality was $100 percent. Now that the temps (visteon) people are back, they have been dropping screws again in the consoles and god knows what else they are doing.

Please know your facts.

Please know your facts..

Edited by dtpbody

When saline does a color change over on their skins, they run off 10-12 pieces before they start using the new colors, so if this is what your talking about, this has to be done so they don't get color streaks in the IP skins. Their regrind is re-used unlike plants like SRP where their aluminum scrap from heater cores or radiators has to be weighed, shipped out to be re-melted down which is considered a cost and another process (I know because I worked there and my dad did that job).

The regrind at saline for IP's is not considered to be a cost to the plant because those pieces they run are separated into colors, regrinded and re-made in the same plant. If the person doing the regrinding can't keep up with the process then you should bring this to your process engineer. Or they should fix the machine that is always going down. Remember there is no money for parts and fixing anymore and those individuals that do the fixing at Saline, well we all know that story don't we?.. hahahaha

Now regarding console side color panels, they make them there and that is the same process, that regrind gets reused. The only scrap that doesn't get reused are the console buckets that hold the whole console together. Those are outsourced to another company and they do that, plus there is hardly any scrap when it comes to those pieces, I know because I used to put them on the line along with the wire harnesses for the Escape. The only scrap the Escape line gets at Saline are Harnesses if any at all cause they are made in Mexico. We ran a tight ship on that line, always got production and our quality was $100 percent. Now that the temps (visteon) people are back, they have been dropping screws again in the consoles and god knows what else they are doing.

Please know your facts.

Please know your facts..

Thanks chucky..its funny how all of your knowledge of the company(ford) is based on the point of view of the Saline plant.. shame you will NEVER work there again..maybe it will go outa business like you said visteon did(trucking company)..you are an idiot

• Like 2

Please know your facts.

Please know your facts..

They must do 5000 color changes a day then, :finger: I guess all of the short shots that they scrap too. I understand most of it gets re used. As far as the guys fixing it, I know all about it because I am one of them :shades: You can only put so much duct tape on something to keep it running and thats what is done. Its a good plant with some good people but they dont all walk on water over here is what I am trying to say.

That's gotta grind ya. Making 5 bucks an hour less, and then actually having to work. Mercy, what has this world come to? :rant:

yes and no, we all can agree that if $15hr jobs were offered in this economy there would be 20,000 + people from all over the USA wanting to work there. so be happy with what we have and don't hold your breath that the union will help us in the future (sept. 2011).

yes and no, we all can agree that if $15hr jobs were offered in this economy there would be 20,000 + people from all over the USA wanting to work there. so be happy with what we have and don't hold your breath that the union will help us in the future (sept. 2011).

Thank God for the UAW. If we didn’t have the UAW Auto manufacturing would have left USA in totality by now. Look around and you will quickly realize that there is no good paying manufacturing anywhere except in automotive because of the UAW.

God bless the UAW........

Please know your facts.

Please know your facts..

The scrap from a color change is accepted. Its all of the other skin's that get scrapped where the problem is. The good side of that is the bad skins are sold to a vendor.

But a fact that you obviously do not know, Regrind is considered by the company as a COST to the plant. Regrind is tiny now compared to all of the machines that used to be in regrind. And for what it's worth, The guy in regrind on day's does one hell of a job trying to keep up on his work. And not all of the scrap is reground by Saline. Some is sold to a vendor for regrind and is bought back by the plant.

Have a great day.

First of all I don't think Saline people should walk on water, it's just a good plant to work in. Any parts plant is. And there is tuns of overtime if you sign up.

2nd, The Dirty One, you sound like an idiot, because you keep calling me this "Chuck" and you have the wrong person I told you. Your mouth makes you look like a Joker.

As for Saline regrind and cost, I'm not going to argue about it, because it is not considered cost if you re-use the material. You have to pay people 8-12 hours per day anyway, so it doesn't matter if your re-using re-gind or if your doing first runs!... When you have those departments getting done early and walking out most of the time there is no real cost.

See this is how these plants get you thinking they are running out of money or they are not making money by spewing their projections on us workers making us think they are not making a profit when in all reality their bottom line is always in the black.

Here is a major example of high cost to this company (Screws/Bolts/Nuts etc etc), if you knew how much hardware material this company wastes on their floors daily you would scream!. I'm talking about the idiot setup that brings you a box of screws or bolts to your job, drops them all over the floor then later some guy sweeps them up into a trash can. Talk about a multi million dollar a year waste.. I',m sure this happens every where but wait!!! we'll just use these nice cool magnets to pick up everything and (still dump in the trash can). hahahahaha.. Ask yourself how many times you did this and how much a box of screws or bolts/nuts cost this company? I'd like to know this answer cause I know this stuff isn't cheap.

A plant that has to pay someone to weigh material, ship it out for melting/scrap and that material is never used again IS A COST... a plant that uses it's own scrap IS NOT A COST...

NOT A COST = No bottom line loss of revenue = Profit

Please go to school and learn business. These are simple 101 basics.

and back to the misleading BS, don't ever let a company tell you they are not making money, remember parts plants did this for years while at the same time they were telling us good job keep up the good work!. Yeah it was a good job for the money makers but not for the back breakers.

Edited by dtpbody

First of all I don't think Saline people should walk on water, it's just a good plant to work in. Any parts plant is. And there is tuns of overtime if you sign up.

2nd, The Dirty One, you sound like an idiot, because you keep calling me this "Chuck" and you have the wrong person I told you. Your mouth makes you look like a Joker.

As for Saline regrind and cost, I'm not going to argue about it, because it is not considered cost if you re-use the material. You have to pay people 8-12 hours per day anyway, so it doesn't matter if your re-using re-gind or if your doing first runs!... When you have those departments getting done early and walking out most of the time there is no real cost.

See this is how these plants get you thinking they are running out of money or they are not making money by spewing their projections on us workers making us think they are not making a profit when in all reality their bottom line is always in the black.

Here is a major example of high cost to this company (Screws/Bolts/Nuts etc etc), if you knew how much hardware material this company wastes on their floors daily you would scream!. I'm talking about the idiot setup that brings you a box of screws or bolts to your job, drops them all over the floor then later some guy sweeps them up into a trash can. Talk about a multi million dollar a year waste.. I',m sure this happens every where but wait!!! we'll just use these nice cool magnets to pick up everything and (still dump in the trash can). hahahahaha.. Ask yourself how many times you did this and how much a box of screws or bolts/nuts cost this company? I'd like to know this answer cause I know this stuff isn't cheap.

A plant that has to pay someone to weigh material, ship it out for melting/scrap and that material is never used again IS A COST... a plant that uses it's own scrap IS NOT A COST...

NOT A COST = No bottom line loss of revenue = Profit

Please go to school and learn business. These are simple 101 basics.

and back to the misleading BS, don't ever let a company tell you they are not making money, remember parts plants did this for years while at the same time they were telling us good job keep up the good work!. Yeah it was a good job for the money makers but not for the back breakers.

For not being chucky you seem to have the same posting style as well as the same points of view...and wow what a coincidence you used to work at saline and now work in DTP body..just like chucky...Coincidence??????...NO CHUCKY!!!

For not being chucky you seem to have the same posting style as well as the same points of view...and wow what a coincidence you used to work at saline and now work in DTP body..just like chucky...Coincidence??????...NO CHUCKY!!!

Ahh, there was more then just one person that went back to body. And BTW on Monday the rest of the SRP people at Saline will be going back to SRP just so everyone knows.

But no I am not Chucky, and I don't see where anyone has different posting styles. I see negativity and facts posted all over this forum. Even looking at some of your threads you seem to be disgruntled also. And looking at most of them you seem to be a big major pain in the ass prick if it's all you do all day is hang out in here and report people to get them banned then you are a prick. I feel sorry for you man.

As for this Chuck, I read some of 995's threads and a lot of things he says is factual. I think his complaints are warranted and spot on. This company and UAW really makes people just want to quit and go find another job but 95% of us do not have skills other then shooting screws and going on breaks. Today you really need a plan to fall back on!.

Ahh, there was more then just one person that went back to body. And BTW on Monday the rest of the SRP people at Saline will be going back to SRP just so everyone knows.

But no I am not Chucky, and I don't see where anyone has different posting styles. I see negativity and facts posted all over this forum. Even looking at some of your threads you seem to be disgruntled also. And looking at most of them you seem to be a big major pain in the ass prick if it's all you do all day is hang out in here and report people to get them banned then you are a prick. I feel sorry for you man.

As for this Chuck, I read some of 995's threads and a lot of things he says is factual. I think his complaints are warranted and spot on. This company and UAW really makes people just want to quit and go find another job but 95% of us do not have skills other then shooting screws and going on breaks. Today you really need a plan to fall back on!.

I am not disgruntled Chucky and my posts DO NOT INDICATE I AM...995 is still an active profile you just quit posting on it because no one respected you under that alias..I also have never reported you seeing that you have never said anything offensive as far as ive seen. Youre views are just very myopic and self centered in my opinion and I enjoy calling you out. You are also one of the biggest babies ive seen in this company seeing that i had the pleasure(?) of working with you for 9 years. Now you are on medical because your team leader is so fed up with your whining ass he swore at you and you are stressed out. Poor baby..you are like a twelve year old girl..grow up

Nice link to "my sister strips" hidden in a period after you call him a prick..

Rumor has it that there will be a HUGE announcement concerning the Saline plant in the next ten days..Returning to Blue Oval?? Sold??? Chucky coming back??

Your rumor was right just like you said. Many got the call today to return to Blue Oval after being on ILO.

They will start Monday.

someone is trying to pump out wrong information, Monday was when the rest of the temps left Saline to go back to their home plants. SRP included.

Saline has about 200 temps now back in at that plant again!. Right back where they ended up 2 years ago!! how the hell does this happen you ask? because their local dumb ass president and plant chairman made that deal because all their sons and daughters are orange workers.

I say if those temps want those jobs bad enough let them work down Dearborn and take the pain, and let us go back to our plants.!

this system is so screwed up!.

Edited by dtpbody

Ok ok I've been on multiple postings on the forum and i keep running into this bickering between members about this "Chucky" person and his identity, so can someone give me his full name because from what ive read i think i know who everyone is talking about but i want to be sure, from what i have read he used to be at Saline, cause if its the Chuck im thinking of ya all are full of it and u dont know who your talking about

someone is trying to pump out wrong information, Monday was when the rest of the temps left Saline to go back to their home plants. SRP included.

Saline has about 200 temps now back in at that plant again!. Right back where they ended up 2 years ago!! how the hell does this happen you ask? because their local dumb ass president and plant chairman made that deal because all their sons and daughters are orange workers.

I say if those temps want those jobs bad enough let them work down Dearborn and take the pain, and let us go back to our plants.!

this system is so screwed up!.

Sounds to me, That your pumping BS info.

Monday is when some of the temp. loan people left, Not all of them and it is not the end of it either. More will be leaving soon. Your "200" number for ACH workers is off BTW.

You can try and point the finger at our local all you want but it's not ALL of their fault. If you don't think international had anything do with the big picture. Your blind as a bat.